NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

Didn't realize that NCS threw the ball 30 times. I agree, the run game is what NCS does best, and they need to stick to it. QB can make big throws in a sticky situation, but when we aren't in a sticky situation, I don't see the reason to. Just puts NCS in the sticky situation if we can't convert. I don't see the point in abandoning the run when it works so well for you. Guess that's why I'm not the coach though lol. Could be because of Birchette. A stunning difference maker. The amount of heart that he and Rice (and really the whole crew) played with was inspiring.

Carguy, you're right. When WC essentially gave us the chance to score, we couldn't do it, and it wasn't just once either. If I remember correctly, opening drive of the 3rd, NCS ended up punting, and it was whiffed by WC. NCS got the ball and drove within the WC 5 yard line. Then a 15 yard penalty on 11 for yelling at a ref when he didn't like the way Rice tackled him. NCS didn't convert. That kind of stuff can't happen. I can assure you that behavior like this has been addressed by Brothers. Can't blame him. This is individual choices. Hate to say it, and I know some don't want to hear my opinion, but that'll need to be cleaned up if he wants to make it in the collegiate level. Again, actions are a personal choice. A coach can't control that, and he's done everything he can to try.

Anyway, what a rivalry. Wayne County may be the only fanbase that doesn't complain about one thing or another when they lose to NCS. The rivalry is certainly better (today at least) than the old Jo Byrns or Clarksville Academy. Much more respectful, and better competition to say the least. I made a comment about WC whooping on Dresden and someone called me out. That was my preference, not my prediction. Haven't seen anything on Dresden other than Winn's Hudl. Should be a good game, and a good QB matchup for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip. Get it done, Waynesboro. You deserve it for sure.

Thanks, I hate to see the rivalry come to an end. I've met a lot of fine folks from NCS over the past few years and wish them and the whole NCS program nothing but the best going into the new division. I'm sure glad to be sitting with WC fans and watching my wildcats play this week instead of sitting with NCS and watching them play!

The WC player called #11 the n word......what do you expect him to do? He is a great kid and shouldn't be subjected to such from anyone, ever.

What do I expect him to do? I certainly don't expect him to push Rice and yell at the referee. People that think that way are what is wrong with America right now. The players are coached to get back in the huddle.

With no disrespect... From your previous comments and username, I'm left to assume that you're #11's mother. I may be wrong. Whether I'm right or wrong about your identity, I can promise you this: Wherever you got that information from, it's false. Fabricated. 100% certainly not true. And I have good reason.

Thanks, I hate to see the rivalry come to an end. I've met a lot of fine folks from NCS over the past few years and wish them and the whole NCS program nothing but the best going into the new division. I'm sure glad to be sitting with WC fans and watching my wildcats play this week instead of sitting with NCS and watching them play!

Well it's well deserved. We're wishing the best to y'all as well. Heart can outplay talent every play of the week.

What do I expect him to do? I certainly don't expect him to push Rice and yell at the referee. People that think that way are what is wrong with America right now. The players are coached to get back in the huddle.

With no disrespect... From your previous comments and username, I'm left to assume that you're #11's mother. I may be wrong. Whether I'm right or wrong about your identity, I can promise you this: Wherever you got that information from, it's false. Fabricated. 100% certainly not true. And I have good reason.

NashvilleChristianFan.....I am not #11's mom, although I would be honored to be. I guess I need to work on teaching my kids to sit and keep their mouths shut when there is injustice that befalls them or their loved ones/friends. Perhaps you have lost sight of right and wrong in favor of gaining or losing yards on the football field?

NashvilleChristianFan.....I am not #11's mom, although I would be honored to be. I guess I need to work on teaching my kids to sit and keep their mouths shut when there is injustice that befalls them or their loved ones/friends.

I must admit this is one of the most absurd posts I have seen on coacht. "Perhaps you have lost sight of right and wrong in favor of gaining or losing yards on the football field?" Who said it was "right" to call someone that name? The issue is the response to the name calling.

Injustice? Seriously? Someone allegedly calls a kid a name and thats an injustice? IF, big if here, the kid put his hands on another in response to the word is that ok? Actually, turning the other cheek, going back to the huddle, and playing the next play is what good teammates do.

You should reevaluate your definition of what an "injustice" is and how you respond when words are used you don't like. Your own kids will greatly benefit from it.

NashvilleChristianFan.....I am not #11's mom, although I would be honored to be. I guess I need to work on teaching my kids to sit and keep their mouths shut when there is injustice that befalls them or their loved ones/friends.

I must admit this is one of the most absurd posts I have seen on coacht. "Perhaps you have lost sight of right and wrong in favor of gaining or losing yards on the football field?" Who said it was "right" to call someone that name? The issue is the response to the name calling.

Injustice? Seriously? Someone allegedly calls a kid a name and thats an injustice? IF, big if here, the kid put his hands on another in response to the word is that ok? Actually, turning the other cheek, going back to the huddle, and playing the next play is what good teammates do.

You should reevaluate your definition of what an "injustice" is and how you respond when words are used you don't like. Your own kids will greatly benefit from it.

I do not believe he should have put his hands on him in response. I never said that was justified.  What recourse did he have, though? That is what is sad in this situation.... that the player could throw words like that around without consequence. 

+1, and ma'am, as I said. That is not what happened. Wherever you heard that story, it is wrong. I promise.

Edited by NashvilleChristianFan