NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

I would like for all the NCS fans to go to Wayne county now website and read the article from after last nights game and look at the picture of coach Crews and Wilhoite

I can comment that one of the coaches from WC pulled my son aside last night after the game and congratulated him on being one of the best players that he had coached against. Whether or not this is true or not, this is about building up young men after a loss and making them feel good about themselves and their futures. Win or lose this game is about the young men playing the game and making them better sons, fathers and citizens. My hat is off to WC and their coaching staff. These are the values that our own coaches at NCS embody and I appreciate this type of sportsmanship. Good luck to Wayne County as you move on hopefully to the title game. I for one will miss this true rivalry game as we move to a different division. It has been a good one for the last three years.

We moved the ball well on the ground and especially on the left side. Sometimes the play calling just doesnt make sense. One drive we marched down field on the ground to get in the red zone, and then for some reason felt we had to abandon the run. Very puzzling. We also have to find a way to keep our composure. When a player gets his feelings hurt because of what someone else does or says and gets backed up 15 yds, he's not caring about his team much. He did the same thing last week late in the game. We were in great shape at that time, but that selfish penalty, which backed us up to the 20 resulting in no points was a backbreaker. How control has not been taken over a situation like that is very frustrating to me.

Edited by ballmom615

Didn't realize that NCS threw the ball 30 times. I agree, the run game is what NCS does best, and they need to stick to it. QB can make big throws in a sticky situation, but when we aren't in a sticky situation, I don't see the reason to. Just puts NCS in the sticky situation if we can't convert. I don't see the point in abandoning the run when it works so well for you. Guess that's why I'm not the coach though lol. Could be because of Birchette. A stunning difference maker. The amount of heart that he and Rice (and really the whole crew) played with was inspiring.

Carguy, you're right. When WC essentially gave us the chance to score, we couldn't do it, and it wasn't just once either. If I remember correctly, opening drive of the 3rd, NCS ended up punting, and it was whiffed by WC. NCS got the ball and drove within the WC 5 yard line. Then a 15 yard penalty on 11 for yelling at a ref when he didn't like the way Rice tackled him. NCS didn't convert. That kind of stuff can't happen. I can assure you that behavior like this has been addressed by Brothers. Can't blame him. This is individual choices. Hate to say it, and I know some don't want to hear my opinion, but that'll need to be cleaned up if he wants to make it in the collegiate level. Again, actions are a personal choice. A coach can't control that, and he's done everything he can to try.

Anyway, what a rivalry. Wayne County may be the only fanbase that doesn't complain about one thing or another when they lose to NCS. The rivalry is certainly better (today at least) than the old Jo Byrns or Clarksville Academy. Much more respectful, and better competition to say the least. I made a comment about WC whooping on Dresden and someone called me out. That was my preference, not my prediction. Haven't seen anything on Dresden other than Winn's Hudl. Should be a good game, and a good QB matchup for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to make the trip. Get it done, Waynesboro. You deserve it for sure.

Edited by NashvilleChristianFan