BA vs MBA...Part 2

zoneread56

Ok... I hate to make another non MBA vs. BA post on this thread, but I feel like I have to say something.

I clicked on the thread and was sad and surprised to slug through all the CPA crap.

I truly am a CPA dad.  There are not many of us on CoachT (actually I don't know of anyone else, it's not something that comes up in normal conversations).

I'm not a fan of zoneread56 because if you look through his past posts you will see continuous back and forth bickering.  It's sad because I think he knows a lot about HS football in TN and would probably be fun to talk to in another setting.

WILDCAT84, you are your own dude, but I'd recommend just letting it go...

To answer the previous question, I have not seen a CPA team I felt could beat the corresponding BA team, but that is not the focus.  I don't know the focus or mission of any other football team because my son only plays for CPA, but I can tell you I'm thrilled beyond words with the work CPA's coaching staff does with our young men in preparing them for life after high school football.  I have a ton of respect for MBA and BA and would assume parents from those schools feel the same.

You see on CoachT forums a lot of "well, if you want to play with the big dogs...".  That's just fan talk and not usually the goal of a school.  It's my speculation that CPA does not want to "play with the big dogs" but rather just play which I support 100%.

I can tell you from experience how good you were in any high school sport will quickly fade but the lessons you can learn by just playing will last a lifetime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All right, MBA versus BA?  My heart is with MBA because the past, but on paper I think BA is a couple of TDs better and I think it would be hard to beat BA twice in the same year.

Good luck to both though, awesome coaches, players, and fans on both sides.

This is a good dude. Much respect your way and good prediction of the state championship game.

MBA because of TC. He was head and shoulders the best player on the field last time. Both schools are fantastic with great players and people. I have several friends who attended or played at both.

All the CPA over the top bashing was silly. Zone gets irate over BA when someone comments the way he doesn't approve. Would be nice to see him not bash individual players, family's, and entire schools.

The guy is obviously connected to mid TN football (BA especially) and is as knowledgeable as anyone on coachT but seems to get sidetracked making personal attacks. Even his old account that was banned led to phone calls of people trying to figure out who he is. People that wouldn't "hug it out" if they met him because of the attacks he made against a specific family. BTW he will deny this but many on coachT have seen it's true.

Making disparaging remarks about the entire CPA school and it's families is beyond ridiculous for anyone. The BA folks ITT should have told him to stop along time ago. He makes you look bad when he goes off the rails and you don't step in since he's a representative of your school.

Wish both BA and MBA have a safe and great game!

Lol players coach I'm sick of you and your petty remarks about saying I'm “steelerfan" get over it bc I'm not. You are the biggest BA hater of anyone on this board bc of what happened within your family about it. And btw I have no ties to BA just like watching good football buddy. I actually appreciate the knowledge remark tho.

Edited by zoneread56

Lol players coach I'm sick of you and your petty remarks about saying I'm “steelerfan" get over it bc I'm not. You are the biggest BA hater of anyone on this board bc of what happened within your family about it. And btw I have no ties to BA just like watching good football buddy. I actually appreciate the knowledge remark tho.

Dude you are very knowledgeable about many schools. That is not up for debate and adds alot to coachT. However, you take it too far when you denigrate schools, everyone associated with schools, and individuals. It's just silly.

Ok... I hate to make another non MBA vs. BA post on this thread, but I feel like I have to say something...

Well bcd I guess if you "feel like you have to say something..." then it must be OK to make a post not exactly related to the original thread.  Sounds similar to "taking the high road but..."  You like to give advice, maybe you can receive some.  If you are going to give yourself that freedom, allow others the same even when it is a dissenting view.  If not and maybe it is just me, seems inconsistent and could be viewed as hypocritical.  Now, we wouldn't want that now would we...

Related to the game, I take BA.  Obviously, a toss-up, either team has the potential to win and many are looking forward to a rematch of last year's championship classic.  No secret TC is a phenom, gets in the open field and no one is catching him, so MBA's run game could control the game.  But I like BA because:

1.  Though possible, hard to see TC repeating his regular season performance vs. BA

2.  Young offensive line has had time to improve throughout the season

3.  BA has more offensive weapons

4.  JO was not only the MOP in last year's state championship football game, but has been the MOP in the last 2 state championship basketball game.  This shows he has an X factor, the ability to rise up and be his best and lead his team in the biggest of games.  No sense in betting against him in this one.  Which is why anyone who would even imply that he left CPA and FRA due to concerns he could not compete and win the QB job at either simply does not know the truth.

Looking forward to watching another classic, could come down which team has the ball last.  

Zone read, FYI. Parkview ( CPA opponent) went 8-4 in the Greater Atlanta area. The combined records of the BA out of state teams ( national powers you claim) was 1-21 this season. Also, buddy I played college ball with went to Trinity and he claims that the games with BA are an easy win. How do you explain this? Remember, use your big boy words.