D2A State Championship Knox Webb vs. Lausanne

Spartan4Life

I'll be doing a recap live from Cookeville Saturday morning from 10-12.  We will have interviews with Coaches including Coach Kevin Locastro's post game interview after winning his first State Title.  Congrats to the Lynx and the Spartans on a hard fought game!  If you are in Southern Middle Tennessee, you can catch our show at 93.9 FM.   

Anyone outside the listing area can either download our free "Duck Radio" mobile App or click on the link below to listen to the show!

Mike Molder

Host of The Friday Main Event

Friday Main Event Live Stream

The Duck Mobile App in Itunes

Edited by FreeAgent11

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb by 14. Too much speed. Fullback dive wont be as effective though with the run blitzs Lausanne does and the 6'5" 230 MLB waiting there. The wingT will create tons of outside lanes and Webb will get several chunk plays.

Lausannes speed with Gray will not be as imposing against Webb because they have more speed in the secondary.

Nobody will catch Howard unless they have an angle. He could have a very big game.

Wrong!

Lots of Memphis people talking sweep. I'm hoping my Spartans have something to say about this. Would love to hear more about Lausanne.

Well...

Big and athletic. Several big linemen that are good. Good speed all over the field. Passing game is good but susceptible to big losses (sacks). Running game is excellent on the perimeter. Gray does not have the speed of the three backs for Webb. He's a great HS RB though.

With that being said Webbs speed is better. Fullback dive with be right into a great HS MLB for Lausanne. They will run blitz alot but Webb can hit big gains against this team.

Special teams for Lausanne have had issues in almost every scout film I watched (5). This might be the thing that helps Webb to another championship.

Webb by 14+ if they don't turn it over.

f98f26696cf4f386436c6a112610f1a2.jpg

Looking at Lausanne's Playoff record they haven't given up more than 14 while Webb gave up darn near 50 to a good St. George's team. That doesn't give you East TN folks any cause for pause??? 

I'll hang up and listen

LifeOnTSS+PM+Gif+hangup.gif

Knox Webb scored 9 points, right? Ok then

Well I don't think that says too much. Webb put up 69. Sometimes you have high scoring or low scoring games. Doesn't necessarily mean much.

I think looking at mutual opponents says more. Both beat Harding Academy by the same score. You all beat St George's by 29 early in the season and we beat them by 21. That alone tells me both these teams have the ability to win this game.

It will be interesting to see if Webb's championship experience is the difference or not in this one.

I'm sure you do. You probably have a slightly better defense especially if you take away differing opponents. I'd argue that Webb may have the slightly better offense. So it's a wash and it really doesn't mean too much.

The most theyve given up is 21all year. Webb will have to score more than 21 to win I believe. Should be a good one.

No, they just had to score more than Knox Webb

Oh, I can see this coming. If Lausanne wins, it will be because of the players on the team that attend PCA. Oh, this is going to get UGLY if Lausanne wins.

Lausanne's RB is special.

Isn't he supposed to be at Whitehaven? 

Kevin Locastro CAN coach......... That is ALL... You won't beat him due to scheme alone... If Knox Webb has Superior Johnnys and Joes they may pull it off BUT Locastro CAN coach so if he has the better players it's Lausanne's Title

Tried to tell ya!

Gray would be 4th on Webbs RB depth chart. He's a good player, and had a great year but Webb has two very good backs and one that is simply a generational type player if he stays healthy.

Lausanne takes the L unless Webb turns it over a bunch. They are the two best teams in DIIA though.

It's not quantified in the least because its based on opinion.Has Gray been offered by those schools or UT?!Howard has. Does that make him worthy of the award? Of course not because we aren't debating the award. Btw surely you would concede that award is stats driven to a great degree or are you denying thst as well?

Ive seen all six backs I referred to and Gray is good but would still be 5/6. Sorry you think it's lunacy. Especially when you have seen not one of them. That's homerism and ignorance combined.

You hype Memphis kids and thats fine but go to the game and form your own conclusion then provide some input. Otherwise you're just reading the newspaper and regurgitating it.

Lastly you do know Howard is in 8tg grade right?

He's bigger stronger and much faster than Gray now. Those are quantifiable because Ive seen them run against the same competition. You gonna try to dismiss that? It's on film too so do some research if you want?

If Howard gets enough touches Webb by 14+

I assume he didn't get enough touches?

Two great teams on the field right now. Very good game. Worth the $10 on nfhsnetwork for all the championship games.

Nice call to playerscoach on Lausanne's punt team costing them.

Haha. Missed on the others though. Lol

Having played both teams I thought Webb was much better. Not today though. Congrats to Lausanne for a great win!!!

I was also on the sideline. 8th grader was the fastest and best player on the field. Lausanne did a great job getting off blocks. Howard broke 3 or 4 tackles almost every play. I can't believe how good he will be.

Webb dropped two touchdown passes early and that turned out to be the difference. Heartbreaking. But Webb loses only four seniors. We will be back.

Lastly, from the Memphis' Commercial Appeal:

"Gray, an elusive 5-10, 175-pounder, already has offers from Colorado, LSU, Miami and Michigan. He heads into Thursday's game with 2,040 yards (10.5 per carry) and 36 touchdowns along with four more receiving scores."

Again, he's a sophomore. He'll improve with age ... just like your man Howard will improve.

Well played game by both. Lausanna overcame their turnovers. Impressive.

Edited by kwc