1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

if you will check it out that is probably one of your own behind all that talk. You all deserve to be there as do we. Both teams are 14-0 but if you think our lineman are slow then you will have a rude awakening come Friday and to have practice on the Lords day is just plain ridiculous. But you can over look us if you want but it might not work out to good for you.

I promise you these young men will not be overlooking anyone! We learned a hard lesson with Peabody in the 3rd round last season. ANYONE predicting a blowout in this game is crazy! These are 2 good deserving teams but just seems to me way more GB folks talking about stomping us than we are you guys. If you guys beat us I'd be one of the first people to walk up to a GB fan, shake your hand and congratulate them on a heck of a season! I'm looking forward to this game...just hope my Lions pull it off!

I hope this a joke. Marion county would mercy rule Dresden. Alcoa would hang 100 on y'all without thinking twice. Don't speak of things you don't understand. The gold will go to Greenback this year. We couldn't even pass on them last year and we had the best wide receiver that's gone through 1A in years. If y'all think you will beat them easily you're crazy and no nothing.

There is absolutely no way Marion County mercy rules this Dresden team... especially given that they lost to South Pitt earlier in the year who lost to GB. Also, there is a 0% chance Alcoa would put anywhere close to 100 on this Dresden defense. It seems that you, sir/madam, are the one who does not need to speak on things which he/she does not understand.

This is not to say that the game this week will be easy--it won't. I fully expect a close game between two great teams; however, I do pick Dresden to pull away in the second half, much like they did against WC--who has a phenomenal QB.

Dresser Winn will have a great game, Dylan Yates will have a great game, and so will the many other skills players who GB has seen nothing like throughout the entirety of this year (McDonald, Williams, Thomas, Jones, Hutcherson). All of these guys plus the excellent defensive leaders in Jordan Mitchell and Hudson Nanney will give GB competition unlike anything they have seen thus far.

I know GB has very skilled players in their QB and RB. And of course, the O-line and D-line will be a group to be reckoned with, but I truly believe Dresden will come away with this one.

My prediction:

Dresden 41

Greenback 20 

I promise you these young men will not be overlooking anyone! We learned a hard lesson with Peabody in the 3rd round last season. ANYONE predicting a blowout in this game is crazy! These are 2 good deserving teams but just seems to me way more GB folks talking about stomping us than we are you guys. If you guys beat us I'd be one of the first people to walk up to a GB fan, shake your hand and congratulate them on a heck of a season! I'm looking forward to this game...just hope my Lions pull it off!

im not one of the ones saying that, it will be a good game imo. But if you read some of your all posters are already got the gold ball in the case. I have watched you all play UC,Peabody, and WC. I will a sure you it will be a 4 quarter ball game and we will give you all a lot of problems and I'm sure you will us also. GO KEES!!!!

There is absolutely no way Marion County mercy rules this Dresden team... especially given that they lost to South Pitt earlier in the year who lost to GB. Also, there is a 0% chance Alcoa would put anywhere close to 100 on this Dresden defense. It seems that you, sir/madam, are the one who does not need to speak on things which he/she does not understand.

This is not to say that the game this week will be easy--it won't. I fully expect a close game between two great teams; however, I do pick Dresden to pull away in the second half, much like they did against WC--who has a phenomenal QB.

Dresser Winn will have a great game, Dylan Yates will have a great game, and so will the many other skills players who GB has seen nothing like throughout the entirety of this year (McDonald, Williams, Thomas, Jones, Hutcherson). All of these guys plus the excellent defensive leaders in Jordan Mitchell and Hudson Nanney will give GB competition unlike anything they have seen thus far.

I know GB has very skilled players in their QB and RB. And of course, the O-line and D-line will be a group to be reckoned with, but I truly believe Dresden will come away with this one.

My prediction:

Dresden 41

Greenback 20

our skilled positions will match up with what you have. Not being disrespectful either. And I disagree with that's the best that we have seen.

My prediction:

Dresden 41

Greenback 20

You don't think Greenback has seen talent like Dresden? Do you not think coalfield and south Pitt have phenomenal players as well?

Well we've saw them 1st hand 4 times in 2 seasons so here's my honest breakdown. Short answer is a lot. For a more lengthy explanation here's my further breakdown. The coaching staff: correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is their 2nd season possibly 3rd. Their first season they took over very close to the beginning of the season with little prep time. They have been there long enough now the players and themselves know what to expect from the system. The players: well last season they were mostly juniors with a sprinkling of sophomores and freshmen. Obviously they're all a year bigger, faster, stronger and another year in the system. It's more second nature now instead of thinking they're playing through the calls now. Key players: obviously last year Roberts and Silvey were difference makers but they were new to the system, school and community. To be quite honest you could have picked out the "new kids" easily even if you had no idea numbers or positions before hand. They just weren't part of "the team". To be honest they didn't play like much of a "team" at all. They were a very good group of football players, good enough to get silver, but honestly not much of a team. Heck who could blame them, coaches hadn't been there long, learning a new system and a couple of new guys rolled into town shaking things up. Couple that with the fact that there were some putting their selfishness before the good of the team by allowing themselves the instant gratification of taking a swing or running their mouth when they got emotional and it's really quite impressive they won the region much less silver. Honestly they were like watching an all star game or an AAU team. The talent was obvious but there just wasn't much chemistry. This year is totally different. The selfishness is GONE. Believe me I have put Silvey and Roberts under a microscope every play I've saw this season looking for any sign of it, after watching 2 games in person and 6 more on film it is no longer present. I'm not much on calling out kids individually but in this case I'm doing it to tell them how impressed I am with their play and composure this year. They are all playing together. They all have one goal, to win it all, but truthfully they're not playing for that they're playing for each other.

I know that's a lot of rambling on but it's the best way I know to say it. Yes they are physically better but the mental improvements are even greater in my opinion.

I'm impressed Crow. I'm not on here often for the same reason I don't watch any of the crazy TV shows like Maury, but your comments on GB from last year to this year are spot on. 

I'm not sure they have played the perfect game yet but have been close a couple of times, they are a much better team.  

This is the classic matchup of power vs speed. Greenback is a very, big physical team. I look for both teams to score quite a bit in this one. There is no doubt about it that Dresden will be the best TEAM Greenback has seen this season. Dresden has been through a gauntlet in the west, but something tells me this thing is going to be a four quarter football game.

our skilled positions will match up with what you have. Not being disrespectful either. And I disagree with that's the best that we have seen.

Dresser Winn will be the best player you have faced this season. Make no mistake about it. He will be the best player on the field. That doesn't mean Dresden automatically gets the win though. Greenback has some good players, but I promise you no one in 1A has a player as talented as Winn. You don't carve up defenses at Union City like he did without being an unbelievable talent.

im not one of the ones saying that, it will be a good game imo. But if you read some of your all posters are already got the gold ball in the case. I have watched you all play UC,Peabody, and WC. I will a sure you it will be a 4 quarter ball game and we will give you all a lot of problems and I'm sure you will us also. GO KEES!!!!

Anybody that thinks Dresden ain't physical has lost their mind. I will try and put something out there that y'all do know, NCS, go watch the NCS vs WC film and what WC did to them and then rewatch the WC vs Dresden game

Some of my fellow Lions fans and some of you Greenback folks are talking absolutely crazy on here! Both of these teams are 14-0 and both are playing Friday afternoon for a good reason! If you Greenback folks think that a little size is going to intimidate these young men on this Lions football team you people are sadly mistaken! These men will not back down from anything! Most of us Lions fans are also smart enough to know that nobody on Greenbacks football team is going to back down or be intimidated by anything about Dresden either. I hope and pray for a clean injury free game and safe travels for all the fans! Whoever wins this will be well deserving because nothing will be given away! LETS GO LIONS!!!!!

No one is say that they'll be intimidated. They're saying that they'll be overpowered. I've seen Dresden play, and I do not like their matchups in the trenches on either side of the ball. That is something you should worry about. Winn did alright against pressure though Friday night. If this same Dresden team was Winn-less (lol), they would've been out 2nd round of the playoffs.

You don't think Greenback has seen talent like Dresden? Do you not think coalfield and south Pitt have phenomenal players as well?

It's not that I think GB hasn't seen talent like Dresden, but I just believe they have only seen it in glimpses... 

Dresden has the talent in more than one or two players--there is true depth in all areas for Dresden which makes the difference between Dresden and the other teams GB has faced. 

As far as Coalfield and South Pitt and Greenback, I am well aware of the talent that those programs have year in and year out, but again, I don't think they are as stacked with as many talented players as the Dresden team you will see this Friday. Not taking away from any of those programs at all as I truly do respect each.