1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

"normal football"?...lol... You think coach Rice from WC knows "normal football"?.?.. Yet WC couldn't stop that "normal football" pressure from their backside all night. The "heads up" was in thinking GB better find a way in their line and QB to cope with that "normal football" in a way WC didn't. Thanks for replying, opening up and chiming in there 'mus-ic b-ox'...lol...:thumb:

Thanks for the heads up Bigsby. I think our QB will be just fine protecting himself and may just be able to help protect his RB from backside. He plays both ways and ain't afraid to fill a hole on D so he sure won't mind getting physical on O. Watching film it doesn't appear Dresden QB initiates physicality. Looks to be more finesse and he is good. How will he handle it if GB gets to him? Has many teams got to him? If he gets pancaked by 2-250 lb. plus nasty linemen does he get up wanting more? Just curious how much pressure he has had.

Some of my fellow Lions fans and some of you Greenback folks are talking absolutely crazy on here! Both of these teams are 14-0 and both are playing Friday afternoon for a good reason! If you Greenback folks think that a little size is going to intimidate these young men on this Lions football team you people are sadly mistaken! These men will not back down from anything! Most of us Lions fans are also smart enough to know that nobody on Greenbacks football team is going to back down or be intimidated by anything about Dresden either. I hope and pray for a clean injury free game and safe travels for all the fans! Whoever wins this will be well deserving because nothing will be given away! LETS GO LIONS!!!!!

Some of my fellow Lions fans and some of you Greenback folks are talking absolutely crazy on here! Both of these teams are 14-0 and both are playing Friday afternoon for a good reason! If you Greenback folks think that a little size is going to intimidate these young men on this Lions football team you people are sadly mistaken! These men will not back down from anything! Most of us Lions fans are also smart enough to know that nobody on Greenbacks football team is going to back down or be intimidated by anything about Dresden either. I hope and pray for a clean injury free game and safe travels for all the fans! Whoever wins this will be well deserving because nothing will be given away! LETS GO LIONS!!!!!

Good post except let's go Greenback!

Good post! It is very hard going in for any GB poster and for other impartial fball fans who have seen both teams to feel this will be a one sided domination by either team. We have faced what may have been the best 1A team in a long while in last year's NCS team. They didn't even need a passing QB. With that line and Bituli, McGraw and company they could have ran every time and kept the chains moving. Because their RBs were so good behind that line we often sold out to cover them only to watch the quick QB burn us with his feet. GB played horrible in that game and they'll tell you that. They knew going in it was a Daniel/Goliath type deal and we could not do anything with their O or D line. We had not faced anything close to them. We are a different team this year and I can guarantee you our boys like their chances and aren't the least bit intimidated by the task coming up this week. They'll be ready! Edited by ladykee

Good post! It is very hard going in for any GB poster and for other impartial fball fans who have seen both teams to feel this will be a one sided domination by either team. We have faced what may have been the best 1A team in a long while in last year's NCS team. They didn't even need a passing QB. With that line and Bituli, McGraw and company they could have ran every time and kept the chains moving. Because their RBs were so good behind that line we often sold out to cover them only to watch the quick QB burn us with his feet. GB played horrible in that game and they'll tell you that. They knew going in it was a Daniel/Goliath type deal and we could not do anything with their O or D line. We had not faced anything close to them. We are a different team this year and I can guarantee you our boys like their chances and aren't the least bit intimidated by the task coming up this week. They'll be ready!

We will be ready too! We've heard all year long...you won't beat Peabody twice, we won't beat Union City twice, Wayne County is going to kill Dresden. We are very good in all aspects of the game! I know Greenback is as well or they wouldn't be getting ready to play Friday. It's going to be a battle!

Thanks for the heads up Bigsby. I think our QB will be just fine protecting himself and may just be able to help protect his RB from backside. He plays both ways and ain't afraid to fill a hole on D so he sure won't mind getting physical on O. Watching film it doesn't appear Dresden QB initiates physicality. Looks to be more finesse and he is good. How will he handle it if GB gets to him? Has many teams got to him? If he gets pancaked by 2-250 lb. plus nasty linemen does he get up wanting more? Just curious how much pressure he has had.

Winn is tough as nails, I'll give him that. He's most dangerous when you do get to him and he tucks it. Nobody has run the ball on WC the way Dresden did, not bragging on WC defense but it hadn't been challenged like Dresden did. These Dresden folks ain't just blowing smoke, they got speed and size all over the field and are very disciplined. Their corners and safety are very good. They're about a complete team that you will see in 1a.