Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Well what's your way of thinking?...I'm really asking? I mean are you thinking at all? Or just so Memphis bias you're blind?

In what world is a team the beat a mutual opponent by one and the other beat that same opponent by 42 considered better.

Let me explain. When a team wins by 42 that means a mercy rule was implemented. That game could have been 50 or 60 or 70. Yet Memphis East is superior to MBA with their 1 point win over a team MBA played their jvers against. Lol lol lol

lol but okay man. I'm sure The Memphis Tigers would beat the Tennessee Titans as well.

This is what I think ... ad nauseam

1. Whitehaven

2. Oakland

3. BA

4. Maryville

5. Farragut

6. Independence

7. Memphis East

8. MBA

9. Cordova

10. MUS

Like I said earlier, and I keep saying. This who I think are the Top 10. I'm not going to debate endlessly about I F L

You don't agree.

That's ok Sparty.

Edited by kwc

You fail to understand the reason all of you 6a fans think oakland and maryville defense was so good is because they played a white haven offense that ran an I Formation with no pass game at all. No reads on any plays. Basic and predictable. Not hard to stop lol especially with oaklands athletes. Oaklands offense was a wing t that was no effective at all. Would have loved for either of those defenses to see a college style spread offense like BA. They have never seen anything like it ever. You are blind to the fact that if you are predictable on offense that doesnt mean the other team has a good defense. just means the offense is not good. example: oakland vs whitehaven 

I am not a 6A fan.  I will say this.  BA would not score more than three touchdowns on Whitehaven.  Whitehaven appears to put their best players on Defense.  BA would not be able to block Whitehaven's front seven.  Whitehaven is not without it's holes.  Special Teams are a glaring weakness.  Whitehaven's return game killed them early.  Once they settled in and forced Oakland to earn the hard yards, Oakland could not.    Whitehaven's predictable run game chewed up clock and capitalized on Oakland mistakes.

This is what I think ... ad nauseam

1. Whitehaven

2. Oakland

3. BA

4. Maryville

5. Farragut

6. Independence

7. Memphis East

8. MBA

9. Cordova

10. MUS

Like I said earlier, and I keep saying. This who I think are the Top 10. I'm not going to debate endlessly about I F L.

You don't agree.

That's ok Sparty.

I know what you think. I'm asking your reasonings for thinking it. Once again you can't give me any reason for thinking it other than being a wishful Memphis homer. Haha Memphis East over MBA. What a joke.

I sure hope common sense doesn't elude you in all things in life. Good thing no lives are depended on your rankings. God bless you man.

You'll go down with the Memphis train rain or shine. I guess that's commendable.

For the record I think Laussane is better than Memphis East.

Top 10 Publics

1. Whitehaven

2. Oakland

3. Maryville

4. Alcoa

5. Farragut

6. Independence

7. Memphis East

8. Cordova

9. Franklin

10. Pearl-Cohn/Knoxville Central

Top 10 Privates

1. BA

2. MBA

3. Ensworth

4. McCallie

5. Baylor

6. MUS

7. Lausanne

8. Webb

9. Pope John Paul 2

10. Christian Brothers/St George's

Knox Catholic is the best Tennessee Team ever to not make it to even the semifinals. They laid a big egg but are def a top team as well.

Edited by Spartan4Life

I know what you think. I'm asking your reasonings for thinking it. Once again you can't give me any reason for thinking it other than being a wishful Memphis homer. Haha Memphis East over MBA. What a joke.

I sure hope common sense doesn't elude you in all things in life. Good thing no lives are depended on your rankings. God bless you man.

You'll go down with the Memphis train rain or shine. I guess that's commendable.

For the record I think Laussane is better than Memphis East.

Fair enough. I'm not going to endlessly debate IFL. It's pointless. Call it homerisim, call it whatever you wish. Doesn't matter if you think my selections are commendable either.

Edited by kwc

I watched the BA aND MBA game....but I saw NO defense...one couldn't stop the run the other couldn't stop the pass...

And I watched the Whithaven Oakland game and I could say neither team had any offense. There are differents types of games and different types of opponents. High scoring or low scoring games mean nothing.

Webb beat St. George's 69-42 in the semifinal and then lost to Laussane 12-9. If you watched the first game you'd say webb had an amazing offense and no defense. If you watched the second you'd say the opposite.

It amazes me that people 1. Can't realize their are different types of ball games. 2. That BA and MBA could beat anyone and so could Whithaven and Oakland. Just depends on matchups and coaching. The athletes are out there.

BA Ensworth and MBA regularly put out D1 prospects. No one is going to physically dominate them. It would be like an NFL game. Either team could win. Who executes and who wins the coaching battle would likely determine theses games.

MBA has no defense but beats smeifinalst PC 49-7....

Edited by Spartan4Life

Ok then...my whole point....to say that whitehaven wouldn't stand a chance a against a top private is ridiculous...we don't throw alot because we don't have to, we are a run first team, but when it was necessary we passed the ball and set up the TD runs...we didn't give up 30 or 40 points in the title game...we pump out plenty D1 prospecs as well. ...we