Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

And you have to remember this thread is top 10 teams in the state. If you guys want t have a pat me on the back party then rank the top 10 PUBLIC SCHOOLS in the state:

But that' is not the topic of this thread so all the d2 guys can come out of our room and walk over to yours - I'm sure if the same was posted on the d2 side we would have rbis exacdt thread

I know the title. I'm also keenly aware of which forum this topic was placed. I think it would have drawn some interest in the D2 forum. But not as much as it has in this forum. I don't think it would have drawn enough attention to create 46 pages of dialogue in such a short period of time.

It was created in the right forum.

Edited by kwc

I wish we had an allstar game where they took the top players from each state and let them play each other. TN vs MS AR or KY

This is peculiar. I thought that Havengrad04 had done the dreaded double post, because it appears on my screen as such. So, I quote it to make a response ... and this popped up. I've never experienced that since I've been on Coacht.

Edited by kwc

Look at all the uproar over these matchups that aren't even happening. Again put Lausanne vs Dresden, Trezevant vs Alcoa, Memphis East vs Farragut, Whitehaven vs BA in week one (or other winners following a given year) and watch the people fill MTSU or Vanderbilt. Maybe in some years it would be Maryville or Oakland vs MBA, think that would draw?

I'm pretty sure BA/MBA/Ens have been trying to put together something of this structure FOR YEARS...I know BA would much rather play Oak, Haven, Maryville, Alcoa, or fill in the blank with any public TN power than having to play an out of state team (Aplus, Olive Branch, Trinity, St. X, University Chr, etc). Until the TSSAA changes the silly rule about overall record affecting playoff seeding (affects only Division I schools btw) it definitely will not happen...even if they do change it, don't expect those games to happen. 

I'm pretty sure BA/MBA/Ens have been trying to put together something of this structure FOR YEARS...I know BA would much rather play Oak, Haven, Maryville, Alcoa, or fill in the blank with any public TN power than having to play an out of state team (Aplus, Olive Branch, Trinity, St. X, University Chr, etc). Until the TSSAA changes the silly rule about overall record affecting playoff seeding (affects only Division I schools btw) it definitely will not happen...even if they do change it, don't expect those games to happen.

Make it a requirement for the following fall with hotel and meals paid for each team.

Make it a requirement for the following fall with hotel and meals paid for each team.

Who is going to pay for said hotel and meals? Who is going to make it a requirement? Certainly not the TSSAA. It's great in theory (as are these debates that have been going on for the better part of 10 years), but until the TSSAA wises up and changes a few things, it isn't happening. Think of a week 0 collection of games at Vandy/MTSU (central locations for the state...definitely not Cookeville), where you have BA, Ens, MBA, Mcallie, Baylor, etc play Marville, Alcoa, Oakland, Whitehaven, Ravenwood, etc...can you imagine how much gate that would bring in? Or rotate it every year between middle (vandy/MTSU/Nissan stadium), west (liberty bowl), and East (Neyland, UTC). The TSSAA would never have to worry about money ever again. It would settle a lot of this discussion and high quality football/exposure for the whole state. It would like the ACC/Big Ten challenge in hoops every year. 

Look at all the uproar over these matchups that aren't even happening. Again put Lausanne vs Dresden, Trezevant vs Alcoa, Memphis East vs Farragut, Whitehaven vs BA in week one (or other winners following a given year) and watch the people fill MTSU or Vanderbilt. Maybe in some years it would be Maryville or Oakland vs MBA, think that would draw?

I like the way you think, Indian. That would be fun to watch.

Who is going to pay for said hotel and meals? Who is going to make it a requirement? Certainly not the TSSAA. It's great in theory (as are these debates that have been going on for the better part of 10 years), but until the TSSAA wises up and changes a few things, it isn't happening. Think of a week 0 collection of games at Vandy/MTSU (central locations for the state...definitely not Cookeville), where you have BA, Ens, MBA, Mcallie, Baylor, etc play Marville, Alcoa, Oakland, Whitehaven, Ravenwood, etc...can you imagine how much gate that would bring in? Or rotate it every year between middle (vandy/MTSU/Nissan stadium), west (liberty bowl), and East (Neyland, UTC). The TSSAA would never have to worry about money ever again. It would settle a lot of this discussion and high quality football/exposure for the whole state. It would like the ACC/Big Ten challenge in hoops every year.

I love it!!!

This is peculiar. I thought that Havengrad04 had done the dreaded double post, because it appears on my screen as such. So, I quote it to make a response ... and this popped up. I've never experienced that since I've been on Coacht.

Mane can't lie I did make the double post at first. I had to correct it...