Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

My final words for this thought and why. BA would beat white haven

Offensively BA offense is very complex with multiple read passes, multiple read zone schemes and fast pace. Do not get me wrong whitehaven definately has more raw talent but their defense i not sound enough to play against that offense. They saw a sacred heart offense that is similiar but not anywhere near it. BA WR are more talented and the type of routes they run is something white haven defense hasn't seen. With the amount of RPO ( Run Pass Option) that they run the white haven linebackers wouldn't even be in the play because they are being read every play. Up front white haven is bigger but their big boys would be gassed at the speed at which BA plays with.They would get frustrated at each other and eventually crumble. Once they are down there is no coming back and do not mention the Oakland game. Oakland runs wing t offense that was gosh awful. 

Defensively BA would be able to shut their one dimensional offense down. MBA line is by far bigger than white haven with lineman with SEC offers so their is no comparison there. Running back wise I dont even have to start. A top RB in the country vs white haven running back. Similar offenses but BA could not stop white haven? I saw the most predictable offense when i watched them vs oakland. With NO PASS game what so ever I have full confidence that BA would stop White Haven by just filling the box with 9 people. 

Now you white haven/memphis bias will say this is all bias but its truth. There was no offense in 6a state which made it seem like great defense. BA offense is one White Haven has not seen all year their one dimensional no pass game offense would struggle against a well coached defense in BA. D2AA is a different type of football hence why they put some of the best college players out there. There is a reason it is called the SEC of college football. 

I'm so glad you gave us your final words. Here are mine.

Whitehaven and Oakland would just beat the brakes off of BA, MBA, and anybody else you are promoting from D2. Maryville's 'D' would give all three fits as well.

You D2 guys want to come into a 5A/6a forum and spout how dominant and superior the top D2 teams are suppose to be over the top D1 teams as if we are going to read that CRAP and be receptive? How was that EVER going to fly in a 5A/6A forum?

Condescend much?

You guys are the MOST delusional people I've ever had the pleasure (if you want to call it that) of sharing a thread with.

NOBODY cares if this is your FINAL WORD dude.

Be gone!

Again, Whitehaven would crush them like grapes.

LOLOLOLOL .... your final words indeed! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven and Oakland would just beat the brakes off of BA, MBA, and anybody else you are promoting from D2. Maryville's 'D' would give all three fits as well.

You D2 guys want to come into a 5A/6a forum and spout how dominant and superior the top D2 teams are suppose to be over the top D1 teams as if we are going to read that CRAP and be receptive? How was that EVER going to fly in a 5A/6A forum?

Condescend much?

You guys are the MOST delusional people I've ever had the pleasure (if you want to caal it that) of sharing a thread with.

Be gone!

Dude shut up. Stop being ignorant to the fact there are people better than Memphis crap football teams and coaching. Vandy just laid out the facts of why BA would win and you just blew it off like a joke without even thinking through it which tbh does not surprise me about a memphis person. Trash city full of trash football is what memphis is. Stop ignoring the obvious. Whitehaven and Oakland are definitely top teams but not MBA and BA level. 

Dude shut up. Stop being ignorant to the fact there are people better than Memphis crap football teams and coaching. Vandy just laid out the facts of why BA would win and you just blew it off like a joke without even thinking through it which tbh does not surprise me about a memphis person. Trash city full of trash football is what memphis is. Stop ignoring the obvious. Whitehaven and Oakland are definitely top teams but not MBA and BA level. 

LOL ... you want me to shut up do you?

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

BA and MBA are top 10 teams. BUT ... wait for it ...

NOT on Whitehaven's or Oakland's level.

You guys just have it in your mind that D2 is so far superior to D1, that any mention of anything different, just throws you guys in a tizzy! This is quite comical.

And yes, I blew it off like the joke it is. This is ... I.F.L. we are talking about.

I.F.L.

You guys just don't get it do you?

Again ... Condescend much?

Edited by kwc

LOL ... you want me to shut up do you. 

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

BA and MBA are not top 10 teams. BUT ... wait for it ...

NOT on Whitehaven's or Oaklands level.

Again ... Condescend much?

If you really and truly and honestly with out a doubt 100% believe that, explain to everyone why you feel that way. I for one am really interested in hearing the reasoning

Condescend much?

You guys are the MOST delusional people I've ever had the pleasure (if you want to call it that) of sharing a thread with.

Be gone!

Lol

Kwc the thread is titled top 10 in state not top 10 d1 in state. So it's free game for anytime to express thier opinion or match the teams up . Including your right as well.

Condescend much?

Be gone!

If you really and truly and honestly with out a doubt 100% believe that, explain to everyone why you feel that way. I for one am really interested in hearing the reasoning

Lol he and no Whitehaven supporter on this page will actually talk football or be reasonable. You won't get an answer for their thought process because their isn't one. The thought process is "Memphis teams just because we live in Memphis."

Still waiting for an explanation of why Memphis East is better than MBA. Especially with mutual opponents equally a 42 point win for MBA and a 1 point win for Memphis East. Lol lol lol lol

Im not sure one Non-Memphis person has actually entered this conversation talking Whithaven and Memphis East....so we have no unbaised informed people taking ball. Just Memphis homers....

Zoneread56:

BA and MBA are very good teams. Oakland and Whitehaven are very good teams. The only way to determine who wins a game between them is to play the games.

Everything else is speculation ... at best. I've already explained, ad nauseam, i might add, that comparative analysis between teams and common opponents can only get you so far. Doing linear analysis between teams is also dangerous. Even computer algorithms have flaws because a human, with human inconsistencies and biases has to assign the weights and values to  things in the algorithms, such as SOS factors, and so on.

This is especially true when you are dealing with really good teams that play in different regions and different areas. You CAN compare the top D2 programs from Middle TN and compare them to the top D1 teams from Memphis and come away with numbers. They basically are worthless. The data sets are different. Region play is different. Analysis is different. Some people put stock in that stuff. I don't. There are too many differences for those analysis to be reliable.

Do I think they would be good games?

Yes I do.

Do I think BA would beat Whitehaven or do I think that Whitehaven would beat BA. I honestly don't know. They would have to play. Whitehaven has played and won 15 games on the season against a myriad of good and varied offenses. I'm very confident about this Whitehaven team. I don't know who all BA has played. Don't care. They've beat 14 teams to claim the D2 title for 2016. They are very good.

Only one way to determine who wins.

Play the game.

Everything else is just one guy's opinion.

If you ask me who wins ... I'm going to say Whitehaven. If I ask you, you are going to say BA. I understand that.

So I ask ... 

Why does my decision have to be dumb and yours 'intelligent'?

Edited by kwc

Zoneread56:

BA and MBA are very good teams. Oakland and Whitehaven are very good teams. The only way to determine who wins a game between them is to play the games.

Everything else is speculation ... at best. I've already explained, ad nauseam, i might add, that comparative analysis between teams and common opponents can only get you so far. Doing linear analysis between teams is also dangerous. Even computer algorithms have flaws because a human, with human inconsistencies and biases has to assign the weights and values to things in the algorithms, such as SOS factors, and so on.

This especially true when you are dealing with really good teams that play in different regions and different areas. You CAN compare the top D2 programs from Middle TN and compare them to the top D1 teams from Memphis and come away with numbers, They basically are worthless. The data sets are different. Region play is different. Analysis is different. Some people put stock in that stuff. I don't. There is too much differences for those analysis to be reliable.

Do I think they would be good games?

Yes I do.

Do I think BA would beat Whitehaven or do I think that Whitehaven would beat BA. I honestly don't know. They would have to play. Whitehaven has played and won 15 games on the season against a myriad of good and varied offenses. I'm very confident about this Whitehaven team. I don't know who all BA has played. Don't care. They've beat 14 teams to claim the D2 title for 2016. They are very good.

Only one way to determine who wins.

Play the game.

Everything else is just one guy's opinion.

If you ask me who wins ... I'm going to say Whitehaven. If I ask you, you are going to say BA. I understand that.

So I ask ...

Why does my decision have to be dumb and yours 'intelligent'?

Good post. I agree with this. Just of course thinking BA would win. But it's defiantly too close for anyone to say with certainty.

I guess this is the real you and the other stuff is just adding fuel to the fire haha. I get it I get it.

Kwc the thread is titled top 10 in state not top 10 d1 in state. So it's free game for anytime to express thier opinion or match the teams up . Including your right as well.

Baylorbigdog1976:

I know how the thread's title reads. This all started when I gave a top 10 that the D2 guys didn't agree with, and stated my idea was the 'dumbest ever'.

Let me ask you a question. How would you respond in such a thread when you gave your list?

So, guys like zoneread and playerscoach can just make those kinds of statements and it's cool?

Edited by kwc

I tried the civil approach with zoneread. He just kept spouting dogma with condescending remarks.

So, I just resorted in kind to HIM. It appears he didn't like it much.

Comprehend?

Now ... I really don't give a flying Fig Newton WHO you were rooting for as a result of my talk. HOWEVER, I already know you are full of crap in this regard. I NEVER trash talked about the Oakland vs Whitehaven game. I just stated that Oakland would NOT score a lot of points against Whitehaven. If THAT is trash talk, then I'm guilty as charged. After the game was over, I just reminded some folk of what I said. You have me confused with another Whitehaven poster probably.

NEVERTHELESS.

I could care less playercoach if you think Ill of Whiterhaven because of what I or any other Whitehaven poster states on these boards. If I haven't learned one thing, I've learned this, (Bizarre comment here. Rambling about ?? You learned to care less than what?)

D2 posters on here clearly don't have any respect for D1. Some will discuss things in a more civil manner then others, but the majority of the ones I've come across recently, speak dogmatically when it comes to D2 vs. D1. You especially. ( Right. Show examples. You can't. It's silly to suggest that.)

You my friend, just speak in dogmatic ( Nice use of dogmatic twice. Lol) terms whenever you make statements. So, dude, I have NO respect for your opinion or your statements.

You can take a flying LEAP as far as I am concerned.

I'm being nice here.

I take back the rude part. Lol

😂

Baylorbigdog1976:

I know how the thread's title reads. This all started when I gave a top 10 that the D2 guys didn't agree with, and stated my idea was the 'dumbest ever'.

Let me ask you a question. How would you respond in such a thread when you gave your list?

So, guys like zoneread and playerscoach can just make those kinds of statements and it's cool?

Wait. What did I say? This is really bizarre. I pointed out you were condescending, proved it to be true, and I'm the bad guy? Lol Edited by Playerscoach