Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Wait. What did I say? This is really bizarre. I pointed out you were condescending, proved it to be true, and I'm the bad guy? Lol

Dude:

It may just be me, but I don't think it is. It just may be the conversations that you and I have had in different threads on different forums. I mentioned you with zoneread56 because your tone and forms of discussion become condescending when you and another poster do not agree on a topic. I know it has happened with me. I can't speak for anybody else. However, I'm NOT the only person to mention this to you.

So, when I engage with someone in conversation about something, and they in turn make some type of comment that either infers that i'm being biased, homerish, ignorant, hyping for the sake of hyping, because the person is from Memphis, or anything else that you may say to a person when talking to them in a forum ... it comes off as condescending. At least in my eyes. 

All you have to say when someone says something that you don't agree with is ... "I don't agree". But to add stuff like, "you are a homer", "you are ignorant", "you are biased, I am not", because their view isn't like yours will be received as condescending. 

Even if your assessment about the situation is accurate. It comes across as YOU are the all knowing and how dare someone have a thought different then yours.

When I get into conversations with people on this forum. I will start civil. However, if a person starts talking 'down' to me. I will respond in kind. 

I can talk in a civil tone with folks. I can be dogmatic when people are being dogmatic to me. It's a two way street.

Baylorbigdog1976:

I know how the thread's title reads. This all started when I gave a top 10 that the D2 guys didn't agree with, and stated my idea was the 'dumbest ever'.

Let me ask you a question. How would you respond in such a thread when you gave your list?

So, guys like zoneread and playerscoach can just make those kinds of statements and it's cool?

yeah bc I would not take it personal that someone said that about a list lol. Grow up man and yeah having MEMPHIS FREAKING EAST above MBA is the dumbest thing ever. There is absolutely no reason for you toe have them above them other than "bruh day from da 901"

Whitehaven has no pass game and won bc of 2 plays last night. BA and MBA would blow them out and it wouldn't be close. It's not hard to beat a team that also has no pass game and runs a wing t(Oakland). If they played a team that has the the athletes or Line to run the ball right at them with them spread out they wouldn't win. It's that simple. MBA has a good enough oline and is multiple enough from under center to run the ball right at them with one of best rbs in country and 2 very good WRs.

agreed

You know, it's dangerous and reckless to get on a message board and start throwing out insinuations and allegations about scheduling games.

However, I feel confident in saying this. If Whitehaven is going to play any D2 school. I know Whitehaven is going to want a home/home contract where the D2 school comes to Whitehaven's field the first year of the contract. Then Whitehaven will travel to them the next year.

I'm pretty sure if a game is set up those will probably be basic items required to get the deal done.

Lol, like Whitehaven is dodging a D2 school.

have yall ever played one?

yeah bc I would not take it personal that someone said that about a list lol. Grow up man and yeah having MEMPHIS FREAKING EAST above MBA is the dumbest thing ever. There is absolutely no reason for you toe have them above them other than "bruh day from da 901"

Whoop, there it is!

Dude:

It may just be me, but I don't think it is. It just may be the conversations that you and I have had in different threads on different forums. I mentioned you with zoneread56 because your tone and forms of discussion become condescending when you and another poster do not agree on a topic. I know it has happened with me. I can't speak for anybody else. However, I'm NOT the only person to mention this to you.

So, when I engage with someone in conversation about something, and they in turn make some type of comment that either infers that i'm being biased, homerish, ignorant, hyping for the sake of hyping, because the person is from Memphis, or anything else that you may say to a person when talking to them in a forum ... it comes off as condescending. At least in my eyes.

All you have to say when someone says something that you don't agree with is ... "I don't agree". But to add stuff like, "you are a homer", "you are ignorant", "you are biased, I am not", because their view isn't like yours will be received as condescending.

Even if your assessment about the situation is accurate. It comes across as YOU are the all knowing and how dare someone have a thought different then yours.

When I get into conversations with people on this forum. I will start civil. However, if a person starts talking 'down' to me. I will respond in kind.

I can talk in a civil tone with folks. I can be dogmatic when people are being dogmatic to me. It's a two way street.

No offense but you have little self awareness. You spent the better part of this thread (almost ruining it) doing exactly what you accused me of doing. You write tomes defending yourself or position, and degrading others. Fiery debate is fun but you guys take shots, then counter punchers like me get after you and you get rustled? Seems a bit sensitive and hypocritical. Obviously Zones initial comments were too strong but why ruin a thread over it?

Congrats on the championship. You guys deserved it.

Lol he and no Whitehaven supporter on this page will actually talk football or be reasonable. You won't get an answer for their thought process because their isn't one. The thought process is "Memphis teams just because we live in Memphis."

Still waiting for an explanation of why Memphis East is better than MBA. Especially with mutual opponents equally a 42 point win for MBA and a 1 point win for Memphis East. Lol lol lol lol

Im not sure one Non-Memphis person has actually entered this conversation talking Whithaven and Memphis East....so we have no unbaised informed people taking ball. Just Memphis homers....

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I understand - you know I respect you. Always have good dealings between us. Nothing wrong with a little back and forth as long as things stay Respectful

Hate when a Thead gets shut down over comments like bhs made the last thread of the game

Baylorbigdog1976:

I know how the thread's title reads. This all started when I gave a top 10 that the D2 guys didn't agree with, and stated my idea was the 'dumbest ever'.

Let me ask you a question. How would you respond in such a thread when you gave your list?

So, guys like zoneread and playerscoach can just make those kinds of statements and it's cool?

Dude:

great post. Would read again & recommend.

I think the whitehaven guys have not had much to talk about on here since 2012 so I am sure they are enjoying it. Sacred heart griffin runs an offiense very similar to ba. Coaches prepare for what they see most often and I assume during that game they thought their athletes would keep them in the game. But their defense was picked apart because they had not practiced or played against what they saw that game.

My point is ba runs the same offense but more up tempo and with better skill players than what shg had . I remember bhs calling them slaw.

Nothing against the boys but they just were not prepared for what showed up that day on the other side and hence why they didn't play another game against them.

I imagine the coaching staff made a decision thinking they would not see that type of offense playing in Memphis or into the state so why bother getting beat so bad when you don't need to.

Ba certainly has had its moments too in the past but I thought I would highlight what a game may look like between the two.

Our defense is better now, our coaches are better now. I don't know what it would take for you to be able to comprehend that...smh