Top 10 in State 2016

owlman1967

Whitehaven would not beat BA or MBA and Maybe not even Ensworth

You're right. We would not just beat them... We'd obliterate them.

Harmon and Saulsberry would make it extremely difficult to score. Someone said we could not throw the ball... We came back because of the passing game in the Title game lol. The hate permeates from y'all

You're right. We would not just beat them... We'd obliterate them.

Harmon and Saulsberry would make it extremely difficult to score. Someone said we could not throw the ball... We came back because of the passing game in the Title game lol. The hate permeates from y'all

1 good pass and you guys have a "passing game" lol man come on

Edited by owlman1967

I think the whitehaven guys have not had much to talk about on here since 2012 so I am sure they are enjoying it. Sacred heart griffin runs an offiense very similar to ba. Coaches prepare for what they see most often and I assume during that game they thought their athletes would keep them in the game. But their defense was picked apart because they had not practiced or played against what they saw that game.

My point is ba runs the same offense but more up tempo and with better skill players than what shg had . I remember bhs calling them slaw.

Nothing against the boys but they just were not prepared for what showed up that day on the other side and hence why they didn't play another game against them.

I imagine the coaching staff made a decision thinking they would not see that type of offense playing in Memphis or into the state so why bother getting beat so bad when you don't need to.

Ba certainly has had its moments too in the past but I thought I would highlight what a game may look like between the two.

I have watched the first few minutes and all I can think about and see is all the BA receivers tearing that defense apart especially Johnson. Play 1 high safety vs BA and the game is over. That is why so many teams have had to play 2 high vs them recently. Also every Memphis/Metro team never has kicking game so that would also get them beat bc BA has very good special teams

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I think the whitehaven guys have not had much to talk about on here since 2012 so I am sure they are enjoying it. Sacred heart griffin runs an offiense very similar to ba. Coaches prepare for what they see most often and I assume during that game they thought their athletes would keep them in the game. But their defense was picked apart because they had not practiced or played against what they saw that game.

My point is ba runs the same offense but more up tempo and with better skill players than what shg had . I remember bhs calling them slaw.

Nothing against the boys but they just were not prepared for what showed up that day on the other side and hence why they didn't play another game against them.

I imagine the coaching staff made a decision thinking they would not see that type of offense playing in Memphis or into the state so why bother getting beat so bad when you don't need to.

Ba certainly has had its moments too in the past but I thought I would highlight what a game may look like between the two.

yep. The tempo BA plays with is something Whitehaven has never seen and combine that with great skill players and oline it's over for "DA HAVEN"

Edited by owlman1967

My final words for this thought and why. BA would beat white haven

Offensively BA offense is very complex with multiple read passes, multiple read zone schemes and fast pace. Do not get me wrong whitehaven definately has more raw talent but their defense i not sound enough to play against that offense. They saw a sacred heart offense that is similiar but not anywhere near it. BA WR are more talented and the type of routes they run is something white haven defense hasn't seen. With the amount of RPO ( Run Pass Option) that they run the white haven linebackers wouldn't even be in the play because they are being read every play. Up front white haven is bigger but their big boys would be gassed at the speed at which BA plays with.They would get frustrated at each other and eventually crumble. Once they are down there is no coming back and do not mention the Oakland game. Oakland runs wing t offense that was gosh awful. 

Defensively BA would be able to shut their one dimensional offense down. MBA line is by far bigger than white haven with lineman with SEC offers so their is no comparison there. Running back wise I dont even have to start. A top RB in the country vs white haven running back. Similar offenses but BA could not stop white haven? I saw the most predictable offense when i watched them vs oakland. With NO PASS game what so ever I have full confidence that BA would stop White Haven by just filling the box with 9 people. 

Now you white haven/memphis bias will say this is all bias but its truth. There was no offense in 6a state which made it seem like great defense. BA offense is one White Haven has not seen all year their one dimensional no pass game offense would struggle against a well coached defense in BA. D2AA is a different type of football hence why they put some of the best college players out there. There is a reason it is called the SEC of college football. 

Offensively BA offense is very complex with multiple read passes, multiple read zone schemes and fast pace. Do not get me wrong whitehaven definately has more raw talent but their defense i not sound enough to play against that offense. They saw a sacred heart offense that is similiar but not anywhere near it. BA WR are more talented and the type of routes they run is something white haven defense hasn't seen. With the amount of RPO ( Run Pass Option) that they run the white haven linebackers wouldn't even be in the play because they are being read every play. Up front white haven is bigger but their big boys would be gassed at the speed at which BA plays with.They would get frustrated at each other and eventually crumble. Once they are down there is no coming back and do not mention the Oakland game. Oakland runs wing t offense that was gosh awful.

Defensively BA would be able to shut their one dimensional offense down. MBA line is by far bigger than white haven with lineman with SEC offers so their is no comparison there. Running back wise I dont even have to start. A top RB in the country vs white haven running back. Similar offenses but BA could not stop white haven? I saw the most predictable offense when i watched them vs oakland. With NO PASS game what so ever I have full confidence that BA would stop White Haven by just filling the box with 9 people.

Now you white haven/memphis bias will say this is all bias but its truth. There was no offense in 6a state which made it seem like great defense. BA offense is one White Haven has not seen all year their one dimensional no pass game offense would struggle against a well coached defense in BA. D2AA is a different type of football hence why they put some of the best college players out there. There is a reason it is called the SEC of college football.

Exactly.

As far as athletes. Derek Barnett and Jalen Ramsey are two of several to come out in just the last couple years. NFL first round picks. It's a different level. Great athletes and superior coaching. (Outside of Quarles for Maryville who has been offered to coach D2 in the past from my gathering)

Once again if it wasn't for BA dominance there wouldn't even be a D2. Everyone would still be playing together and BA would still be winning.

And for the 10th time I don't even like BA. Mainly because I'm jealous of how good they are.

Edited by Spartan4Life

+10000

"You know something. There is a way to talk to people that isn't condescending or degrading if and when you don't agree with their views. To call my views the dumbest thing ever, just beause you don't agree is just plain rude."

Ummm .... pot meet kettle. You may, may not, have been "rude" but being condescending is pretty common in your posts. A little sellf awareness might be in order?

I must admit I hoped for an Oakland win after reading all the trash talk you made in the OHS vs WHS thread but your team won. Congrats to your team though. They made the plays when they had to.

Lausanne top 10 in the state overall is just ....wow!!!???

I tried the civil approach with zoneread. He just kept spouting dogma with condescending remarks.

So, I just resorted in kind to HIM. It appears he didn't like it much.

Comprehend?

Now ... I really don't give a flying Fig Newton WHO you were rooting for as a result of my talk. HOWEVER, I already know you are full of crap in this regard. I NEVER trash talked about the Oakland vs Whitehaven game. I just stated that Oakland would NOT score a lot of points against Whitehaven. If THAT is trash talk, then I'm guilty as charged. After the game was over, I just reminded some folk of what I said. You have me confused with another Whitehaven poster probably.

NEVERTHELESS.

I could care less playercoach if you think Ill of Whiterhaven because of what I or any other Whitehaven poster states on these boards. If I haven't learned one thing, I've learned this,

D2 posters on here clearly don't have any respect for D1. Some will discuss things in a more civil manner then others, but the majority of the ones I've come across recently, speak dogmatically when it comes to D2 vs. D1. You especially.

You my friend, just speak in dogmatic terms whenever you make statements. So, dude, I have NO respect for your opinion or your statements.

You can take a flying LEAP as far as I am concerned.

I'm being nice here.

Edited by kwc

I have watched the first few minutes and all I can think about and see is all the BA receivers tearing that defense apart especially Johnson. Play 1 high safety vs BA and the game is over. That is why so many teams have had to play 2 high vs them recently. Also every Memphis/Metro team never has kicking game so that would also get them beat bc BA has very good special teams

All I can see is Whitehaven and Oakland and Maryville shutting DOWN BA, or MBA, or Ensworth. 

SHUT DOWN. Not open for business. Nada. It would just be horrific to watch!

Edited by kwc