Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

3 hours ago, Manowar said:

If you want to see Mayfield past scores go to riherds scoreboard goes back quite a few years.  I'll give some info on some of these teams these bottomfeeders feast off of every year.  Ft Campbell=horrible only wins 2 or 3 games a year.  Webster County the same maybe worse.  Ballard usually win about 5 games and get beat in 2nd round I'd call them average at best. Marshall county below average as well win about 4 games and beat 1st round.  Paducah Tilghman average team win about 7 and make it to about 3rd round.  McCracken county above average but not great usually win 8 or 9 over bad competition then get beat 1st round, by the way they beat Mayfield 2 out of the last 3, and Mayfield barely won the other 1.  Graves average win around 7 or so and make it a couple rounds except 1 fluke runner up year.  Caldwell county above average they win most of the regular season games and are overhyped By wpsd then get beat down in 3rd round they underachieve alot, but has beat Mayfield a number of times the last 10 years.  Murray already said about average run heavy team never beats mayfield but usually give them fits and keeps it close.  They have played a team named Corbin but they are not local know nothing about them, but they have had a good record and made it to semis.  Mayfield beat them last 2 years, but they where close especially last year Mayfield won by 1 point.  I don't see a team on that schedule the last few years that UC wouldn't beat by 20.  I'd say mayfield has played 3 teams above average a year.  That is McCracken County, Caldwell County, and Corbin.  None of them would be labeled great teams, and 2 of them Mccracken, and Caldwell have been beating Mayfield.  Folks don't believe the hype on Mayfield.

The more you talk...the more you prove your ignorance.

6 hours ago, BigSwo said:

Well well.  It looks like we woke up the 1980's.  Those are some pretty big predictions being thrown out there.  I love it.  Make no mistake. .... Coach Bowling and his staff are preparing our boys right now for a dogfight.  No one is taking the Cardinals for granted.  To say that is just stupid.  It's equally as stupid to suggest that we ran from playing Mayfield.  Geez.  Sometimes I can't believe what people get in their heads.  If you knew anything about the commitment of the guys who play here for Coach Bowling you would delete that garbage and donate what ever device you used to type it to Good Will.  

Yeah you forgot about Beechwood Owensboro Catholic desales which in my opinion uc would not beat any of them and Murray given us fits ha ha ha man you have know idea I've seen both teams play and yes there were a couple of teams uc had that may of came close but would have never won welcome to 2a our first season back we brought the gold ball home will uc do the same or FUMBLE the chance to be know as GREAT like the CARDINALS 

http://www.unapproved website.com/news/OOP3pmYsjE-aHui3JlaU2g/top-50-winningest-all-time-high-school-football-programs.htm

Add 13 more since this was written. 3 of the top 5 in KY.

Yes, when you're looking at good competition for our Cardinals, you can't look local. McCracken Co is the toughest we play during the regular season... them and Corbin. Corbin is a consistently good program and it's always a great game that I hope we continue. The last few times we played Murray High, they got up early on us but halftime adjustments have shut them down.

I'm looking forward to the UC games and I hope it continues as well. Quality opponents (for both teams) are important and this should be a great rivalry.

11 hours ago, mumbles said:

The more I research Mayfield the weaker they look.  Yes they are top 5 in all time wins, and so are 3 other from kentucky, and there is more in top 50, but its because the competition is so weak its easy to rack up wins.  Why is there not a bunch of texas, alabama, Tennessee teams in the top 10?  These are the 3 best football states.  A great team in these states can't be in the top 10 cause the competition is so much stronger.  A good team not even a great one in Kentucky can be that high if they have played that weak of competition for 100 years.  I'm surprised the whole top ten ain't all Kentucky.  There isn't a great team in the whole state of Kentucky.  An above average team has a cakewalk cause 95% of Kentucky teams are horrendous.  I'm surprised how few games Mayfield has won.  By adding up wins, losses, and ties they have played close to 1,150 games.  Against that weak of competition Mayfield should have well over a 1,000 wins if not 1,100.  Why do they only have around 850?  By looking up some of the teams they have played in the playoffs I can't find 1 great program they have faced.  The only descent team they have played a lot is a team called Danville.  Danville is 9-1 Against Mayfield.  Does Mayfield have a lot of Championships, and impressive numbers?  Yes, but it's apples to oranges comparing kentucky to Tennessee.  They should have those type of credintials, actually they should have 30 Championships being in a small class in that joke of a state.  Keep playing that weak competition, and beat that chest when you win I'm sure Mayfield will take over as the number 1 in all time wins in 20 years or so playing that schedule.  They will lose at least 1 game every year if they keep playing UC.  This year UC by 30+.

26 minutes ago, Manowar said:

The more I research Mayfield the weaker they look.  Yes they are top 5 in all time wins, and so are 3 other from kentucky, and there is more in top 50, but its because the competition is so weak its easy to rack up wins.  Why is there not a bunch of texas, alabama, Tennessee teams in the top 10?  These are the 3 best football states.  A great team in these states can't be in the top 10 cause the competition is so much stronger.  A good team not even a great one in Kentucky can be that high if they have played that weak of competition for 100 years.  I'm surprised the whole top ten ain't all Kentucky.  There isn't a great team in the whole state of Kentucky.  An above average team has a cakewalk cause 95% of Kentucky teams are horrendous.  I'm surprised how few games Mayfield has won.  By adding up wins, losses, and ties they have played close to 1,150 games.  Against that weak of competition Mayfield should have well over a 1,000 wins if not 1,100.  Why do they only have around 850?  By looking up some of the teams they have played in the playoffs I can't find 1 great program they have faced.  The only descent team they have played a lot is a team called Danville.  Danville is 9-1 Against Mayfield.  Does Mayfield have a lot of Championships, and impressive numbers?  Yes, but it's apples to oranges comparing kentucky to Tennessee.  They should have those type of credintials, actually they should have 30 Championships being in a small class in that joke of a state.  Keep playing that weak competition, and beat that chest when you win I'm sure Mayfield will take over as the number 1 in all time wins in 20 years or so playing that schedule.  They will lose at least 1 game every year if they keep playing UC.  This year UC by 30+.

So when mayfield wins you won't be the one that no one hears from again will you just asking cause I really just don't think you have ever been to a mayfield game or any other ky game unless it was both Fultons and if that is what you base ky teams off of all I can say is mayfield will own uc by the end of that Friday night and everybody in the wpsd area will know who is top dog in this area from the ken ten all the way to the Ville 

The Cardinals will grow very tired of taking our FB in the gut for four quarters. At first we get about 3 yards a carry. That goes on relentlessly until about the middle of the 3rd quarter. At that time it starts turning into 5 and 6 yard gains and a few big gainers. By that time the damage has been done and the Cardinals go home with a season opening L.