Union City versus Mayfield KY 2017

ysoangry

Purple he was referring to some scrimmages. Yes we did beat Milan some of their state championship and runner up years. But, it was a scrimmage. That really doesn't fully equate. I don't think he meant that as a slap. It is just very obvious that TN small school is light years behind Ky small school at this point. You guys have got to learn that the forward pass has been invented. No longer does 3 yards and a cloud of dust work. I watched this in elementary school game championship once. The losing team literally held the ball all but 3 plays the entire game. The losing coach, who lost 12-6, told the winning coach they only had the ball three plays. The winning coach replied, I only needed it for 2. 

40 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I thought union county was supposed to be real good.  Did that Bowling man not coach his boys this week?. I garuntee you union county may fall down Murphys pole this week.  You think im joking but im not. 

Union County didn't play in this game Roy. Union City did. 

Haven't had a chance to get on til now. Congrats Mayfield! Y'all came as advertised. Really good well talented team.  2 observations and please don't read this as me taking anything away from y'all because I am not, Y'all were definitely the better team. #1 I was so frustrated in the first half because we stopped ourselves more than y'all did. Even though we only lost one of those fumbles they killed momentum every time.  If we had been able to hold onto the ball I at least think it would have been a more interesting game as I think we would have scored at least once and possibly twice in the first half which changes the tenor of the game. Don't think it would have changed the outcome but would've at least kept it more interesting.  Observation #2 is related to #1, I wish we had you on the schedule 3 or 4 games into the season. We have had issues in past with first game fumbles/miscues/ as a lot of teams do but we tend to work them out (in 2013 we had 7 fumbles as we lost our first game and then went on the 30 something game winning streak with 2 gold balls). Still think y'all would win but don't think it would be by 41 with those 1st game errors out of the way. Hopefully we see that same pattern of improvement this year.

Anyway, as you said we didn't and do not quit so we will lick our wounds and hit it again next week. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season!

This isn't the first time we have heard this about turnovers and penalties. This is a very regular thing for us. 2010 state championship, we played Hazard. They were 14-0 coming in as were we. They moved the ball well in the first half and appeared they could play with us. They committed I think 5 fumbles and a couple ints. We routed them 47-6 with their only score coming on our jv. 2012, we welcomed in a power run Fairview team that was 14-0. They moved the ball well but, committed 5 fumbles and 1 int. We drilled them 55-8. In 2014, we played an unbeaten Williamsburg team that out gained us. I think they limited their turnovers more but, we still beat them 28-27 in OT. Here is what you and all those fans can't figure out. You can operate a defense like we do and win. We may allow teams to move the ball. The difference is that we make them string a long drive with no huge plays together every time. If a high school team has to work for first down after first down after first down, they will most likely make a mistake or two along the way. Plus, if they don't, we don't need long to score. I have literally witnessed us several times do 80 yard drives in less than a minute. 

8 minutes ago, Mysonis55 said:

This isn't the first time we have heard this about turnovers and penalties. This is a very regular thing for us. 2010 state championship, we played Hazard. They were 14-0 coming in as were we. They moved the ball well in the first half and appeared they could play with us. They committed I think 5 fumbles and a couple ints. We routed them 47-6 with their only score coming on our jv. 2012, we welcomed in a power run Fairview team that was 14-0. They moved the ball well but, committed 5 fumbles and 1 int. We drilled them 55-8. In 2014, we played an unbeaten Williamsburg team that out gained us. I think they limited their turnovers more but, we still beat them 28-27 in OT. Here is what you and all those fans can't figure out. You can operate a defense like we do and win. We may allow teams to move the ball. The difference is that we make them string a long drive with no huge plays together every time. If a high school team has to work for first down after first down after first down, they will most likely make a mistake or two along the way. Plus, if they don't, we don't need long to score. I have literally witnessed us several times do 80 yard drives in less than a minute. 

Oh, I understand that 55 and don't disagree with you. I am just saying that our history is we string those long drives together with few mistakes usually. But we have had a few games where we have those and they are usually early season games. While we do hit some big plays on occasion we generally do the long drives and are able to hold onto the ball. I can respect a bend and don't break defense and y'all played it well. But I know we usually handle the ball better than that even on the long drives and I do think later in the year it would make a difference. Would it lead to us winning? No, I think your team was/is better. Would it mean a more competitive game? Yes i do think so.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, BigSwo said:

I enjoyed meeting all the guys at H&B. I humbly admit that the Cardinals are the best team without a doubt.  I know you guys told me so.  What was I supposed to do? ROLL OVER?  No excuses.  No nothing.  I take my whippin. 

Enjoyed visiting with you SWO! The G Tornadoes will be back, I'm sure. I don't think they will have that much trouble the rest of the season. Cardinals just had an answer for everything. I really was a little apprehensive about the "2 QB" setup even though I know both are excellent athletes. I hope we keep doing that. Think that will be hard for our opponents to prepare for?

Like I said, G Tornadoes will be back and strong this Friday. Bring home a TN trophy!!!!

last time we lost the season opener we went on about a 35 game winning streak that included 2 gold balls. Now that's not going to happen again because we got to play Mayfield again next year. lol...gold balls are still a possibility tho . :D Maybe bye next year we will make a stinking defense adjustment and not let 3 yard screen plays turn into 80 yard tds 4 stinking times. Mayfield is the real deal. Will be rooting for yall. Also like to comment on how class act your kids was after the game. You can tell they have been there before and are well mannered kids.  Good luck to the Cardinals the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 1