Rankings update

Hamm

What's wrong with Father Ryan? Has the pipeline

dried up? The best wrestlers Eason and Simpson

got beat yesterday. Other than those two guys they are very average.

I am not sure that anything is wrong with Father Ryan that Pat Simpson cannot fix if the kids will follow his lead.  Pat has a history of getting his team better as the season goes on and while he despises any loss his main focus is winning a state championship.  He will trade an early season loss or two for a state championship.  If you don't believe me just check the BFI dumpsters for the state runner-up trophies he has deposited in them.  You say that other than Eason & Simpson they are very average but I feel confident that you must have overlooked Hooker & King which are also pretty special.  Not to make excuses but FR has been wrestling the whole season with 4-6 starters out of the lineup and I don't expect them to be at full strength until the state duals provided they don't have any injury setbacks. 

The Nashville Catholic pipeline has not dried up but they have not been sending the number of good wrestlers to Father Ryan that they once did.  It appears as if the team has several 5th, 6th & 7th grade wrestlers that have the potential to be special along with a smaller number of 8th graders that are athletic but have little wrestling experience.  You do understand that it's not free to attend Father Ryan and it has become a struggle for even the most diehard Catholic families to find a way to pay the tuition.  When Father Ryan claims that they only give families 50% of the financial aid they qualify for it becomes even more difficult for families to afford the tuition.  A perfect example of this is look at how the Irish football team has struggled for over fifteen years due to not having enough athletes to compete.  Pat Simpson is a special person, educator & coach that has achieved what only a few people could have ever dreamed.  I hope the administration and board of directors understand just how fortunate they are to have him on their team.