Wartburg Coaching Search?

TTUBOBCAT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a long time friend and former player for him at GHS. He told me he was very excited for the challenge and to face some of his old opponents. He was surprised at their response. he is still looking for a coaching gig. Certainly a head scratcher

I was hoping they would hire him!I wish him luck in his search.Wartburg missed out on a good one.

They were probably afraid Bill wouldn't be there for the long term. I watched Wartburg against GCA this year and they were just plain awful but did play decent when Grace put in the second and third team. Nothing wrong with hiring a middle school coach there when you have a 22 game losing streak or 3-37 in four years. Thanks to playing Jelly-Roll or they would have been 1-39 the past four years. Nice uniforms, kind of reminded me of New England a little bit.i6e8v7.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Looks like safe picks have kept them in decades of losing and mediocraity. They do have a very good basketball program your right maybe they should just play round ball and ditch everything else.

No disrespect intended but their pick doesn't show much resolve for a dramatic change of attitude or direction. They can continue buying tickets to watch coalfield, Oneida, sunbright and oakdale play in the playoffs.