knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

Not many "impresive" names at all. If they go "outside" on this one, it will be the '90's and early 2000's all over again.

Mid to late next week for a hire is the time frame I am hearing.

You hearing anything different?   

And Knox County is a tough sell right now for experienced head coaches from out of the system.  

Edited by HTV

Any chance Rang considers West now that Maryville hired in house or is he going to stay at Dresden long-term?

I'm sure HTV will chime in, but even if he wanted to head east, I don't think there's even a sliver of a chance that he'd consider returning to West. Makes no sense for Derek to take another KCS coaching job.

Any chance Rang considers West now that Maryville hired in house or is he going to stay at Dresden long-term?

Derek is not an applicant for the West job.  

And from what I gather in talking to him, which is often, he believes that he has a great job at Dresden.  One never says never and should always be open to listen when opportunity arises, but I get nothing from him indicating a desire to leave Dresden.  

I'm sure HTV will chime in, but even if he wanted to head east, I don't think there's even a sliver of a chance that he'd consider returning to West. Makes no sense for Derek to take another KCS coaching job.

Like I posted earlier in this thread, Knox County just doesn't offer much incentive right now for successful head coaches to come in to the system.  I really admire those guys in the system who have proved that they are solid educators and coaches and are committed to staying here. 

And I agree with you on DR.  Just don't see him back in Knox County.  

A friend of mine is the assistant coach at catholic said that Lane will be on staff next year. So y'all can rule him out.

I have to believe that if he is offered the head coaching job at West, he'll take it over an assistants position at Caholic or anywhere else.