knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

Yeah, I know knox teachers teach 3 classes a day and get one plan. Some schools will atleast give the coach 4th plan during the season. I have no problem with the coach teaching 3 classes a day. I'm just saying outside of Knox County, I know of one situation where the coach teaches 2 gym classes and is done by 11:00 and another where the head coach teaches zero classes. I'm not judging right or wrong, that's just how it is. Which sometimes makes it harder for Knox County to hire top notch head coaches.

HTV. rocket science + brain surgery = rocket surgery or brain science.

either one

West has a guy on staff that would be a good OC. And if Lane is hired, I think he will be loyal to his long time colleague, plus West is not in a position to create a teaching position for an OC,

Who would this be?

No offense Govs, but as a taxpayer, I'm not willing to pay someone a teacher's salary or more solely to coach football (or any other sport). Especially when we can't even compensate our teachers appropriately.

If a guy wants to coach and not teach, apply for a college gig.  Coaches know what they are getting into when they enter the teaching profession. 

Excellent points.

Yeah, I know knox teachers teach 3 classes a day and get one plan. Some schools will atleast give the coach 4th plan during the season. I have no problem with the coach teaching 3 classes a day. I'm just saying outside of Knox County, I know of one situation where the coach teaches 2 gym classes and is done by 11:00 and another where the head coach teaches zero classes. I'm not judging right or wrong, that's just how it is. Which sometimes makes it harder for Knox County to hire top notch head coaches.

HTV. rocket science + brain surgery = rocket surgery or brain science.

either one

West has a guy on staff that would be a good OC. And if Lane is hired, I think he will be loyal to his long time colleague, plus West is not in a position to create a teaching position for an OC,

Martin?

The "coaches can't be compensated by booster clubs or outside sources" part is wrong.

Absolutely it is not.  Don't know how long it has been since you were involved, but with the Knox County Schools System in this day and time it is a big no no.  

Edited by HTV