knox west next head coach

Knoxtastic

Absolutely it is not. Don't know how long it has been since you were involved, but with the Knox County Schools System in this day and time it is a big no no.

I'm not involved at all. I suppose I've just been misinformed on this. It's very admirable of Knox County to have all their schools completely adhere to & follow this rule.

One thing for sure is West isn't in a hurry.

Don't agree with that at all.  From what I am learning this search is moving along pretty quickly, compared to the length of time most of the recent football coaching searches in Knox County have taken.

Obviously school being out will likely delay an announcement, but work is still being put in to get the search done and an offer made.    

HTV, I hear what your saying and I must have ruffled some feathers with my statement. All I meant was West needs to do anything possible to get a good coach this time around. HTV I respect your points on this site but let me say this, if anyone out there thinks these coaches aren't being "compensated " a little extra from some outside source than just school pay, your in denial. I'm not saying all coaches are getting something, but some most definitely are.

HTV, I hear what your saying and I must have ruffled some feathers with my statement. All I meant was West needs to do anything possible to get a good coach this time around. HTV I respect your points on this site but let me say this, if anyone out there thinks these coaches aren't being "compensated " a little extra from some outside source than just school pay, your in denial. I'm not saying all coaches are getting something, but some most definitely are.

I'm sure some are still pushing the envelope, and yes, there are ways of getting a few extra dollars in to coaches hands for legit purposes.  

But it is a different day, now.  Knox County now has oversight on what booster clubs can and can't do, and using booster clubs for extra benefits for coaches is a huge no no under the current set up.  That's just fact.  Both certified and non-certified personnel can be reprimanded for misuse up to the point of being fired.  

Don't agree with that at all. From what I am learning this search is moving along pretty quickly, compared to the length of time most of the recent football coaching searches in Knox County have taken.

Obviously school being out will likely delay an announcement, but work is still being put in to get the search done and an offer made.

That may be the case but to me it doesn't sound like it's gonna be Lane which is sad in my opinion. If they were keeping it inside you'd think it would already had been announced. Whether the man has a certificate or not he deserves that job.