Can we start the Gary Rankin to Maryville thread yet ?

Bravey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunt is no GQ 2.0 I'm sorry.... If anyone should get the job it should be Ellis. Hunt would be next to last of the current coaches I'd want as HC.

Ellis is Awesome , I would have no problem with him being head Coach , but I do have a problem with you bashing Derek . Are you on the Staff ? Have you personally talked to Coach Quarles about this ? I don't understand a Maryville guy wanting to bash a great , well respected , and very well liked Coach who is one of our own just because he's young . I remember when I was told that Coach Quarles was going to replace Hammontree , my first thought was oh man he's too young .... boy was that stupid or what ??!! I trust that Coach Quarles will have a big role in deciding our next Head Coach , and I trust him totally . 

Ellis is Awesome , I would have no problem with him being head Coach , but I do have a problem with you bashing Derek . Are you on the Staff ? Have you personally talked to Coach Quarles about this ? I don't understand a Maryville guy wanting to bash a great , well respected , and very well liked Coach who is one of our own just because he's young . I remember when I was told that Coach Quarles was going to replace Hammontree , my first thought was oh man he's too young .... boy was that stupid or what ??!! I trust that Coach Quarles will have a big role in deciding our next Head Coach , and I trust him totally .

Look, I personally like Derek. If it is him I will support him, but like I said I don't feel he's ready.

No I'm not on staff, I highly doubt any of the coaches give a crap about my opinion on the matter either. However, when you have more than one coach on staff who already has HC experience, have more experience as a coach overall, and again some are twice his age I just feel we could hold off on handing him the reigns. Sounds like some here have some biases where mine lies with getting the best man for the job right now, which to me is someone proven. So if you still have a problem with me expressing my opinion (like everyone else does in this forum), then that's your problem not mine. Regardless Pep, Merry Christmas and Go Rebels.

I don't see it happening, he's half the age of some of the other coaches who again are more qualified. I'm sorry if that offends some on here, but IMO he's not ready yet and would need at least another 2-3 before he will be.

You're only basing your opinion based on # of years coached/age, not all of the factors that will make DH successful as our next coach