OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

The Oak Ridge Freshmen team played this morning against the Clinton Frosh. Here are many Tweets posted by the OR Athletic Training and one from Johnny Stewart. I did not quote them verbatim.

...Johnson returns punt 50 yards, score OR 6 - 0

...Johnson second TD, XP no good, OR 12 - 0

...End of First, OR 12 - 0

...Michael Gibbons 43 yard TD pass to Jonathan Stewart, EP good, OR 19 - 0

...Clinton 58 yard TD, EP no good, OR 19 - 6

...Tweets start to get confusing, my Diabetes is affecting my thinking...

...Heyward rushing TD, OR 27 - 6

...OR scores on 2nd half opening drive, OR 34 - 6

....Johnson punt return TD

...End of third, OR 40 - 6

...M. Gibbons, 69 yard TD, OR 46 - 6, 2 minutes remaining

...Johnny Stewart tweets that Gibbons is the man and will be fun to watch in the years to come...

In reviewing the OR/CC game,yes, we continue to have trouble up front. The guys are still showing up for practice and are working g to get better I assume. They did knock a few good seems for the running backs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Two fumbles down field lessened their good work. My hope in the OL comes from the way they execute the screen play. Maybe more screens a few more counters (to help give better blocking angles) would help. Work hard, get better and make it to the playoffs.

Concerning the center issue I think the coaches have been using two. #'s 53 & 76. May be others who can do the job, but with a limited number of linemen it's a "guns or butter" challenge.  Coaches may feel progress has been made and stay the course, coaches may feel a new center is needed (thanks to the two young men for their efforts) or move the QB under center. We will be getting into heavy regional play very soon. Decision time.

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

In reviewing the OR/CC game,yes, we continue to have trouble up front. The guys are still showing up for practice and are working g to get better I assume. They did knock a few good seems for the running backs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Two fumbles down field lessened their good work. My hope in the OL comes from the way they execute the screen play. Maybe more screens a few more counters (to help give better blocking angles) would help. Work hard, get better and make it to the playoffs.

I agree on more screens and some counters (blocking angles)

19 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Concerning the center issue I think the coaches have been using two. #'s 53 & 76. May be others who can do the job, but with a limited number of linemen it's a "guns or butter" challenge.  Coaches may feel progress has been made and stay the course, coaches may feel a new center is needed (thanks to the two young men for their efforts) or move the QB under center. We will be getting into heavy regional play very soon. Decision time.

I can't imagine who another center could be at this stage, so I hope those two get better at it. They better have a decision and better play by the West game and in the meantime I hope we survive at Farragut

34 minutes ago, atrisk said:

After watching West on tv, if I were a center I may come down with flu like symptoms. Forgot who they played but I think West lost. Not sure. The nose tackle is the real deal.

I watched a little of that game on TV. I think it was Bearden that they lost to. I didn't think much of their offense but their defense looked good and their nose tackle was their best guy on defense. That's scary for OR

47 minutes ago, atrisk said:

After watching West on tv, if I were a center I may come down with flu like symptoms. Forgot who they played but I think West lost. Not sure. The nose tackle is the real deal.

AR you are right, we have been playing 2 centers. Our freshman is doing the best he can.  Next week, whoever the center is,  will be going up against a 315 lb full grown dude at nose guard.  Being heavily recruited by multiple D1 programs.  One of the strongest hs football players you'll ever see.  Leading West in tackles from the nose guard position.  That will be a long night for whoever the center is, ha ha.  But we will worry about him next week and try to find a way to beat the Ads tomorrow night. 

I accidently put this same post on the Farragut thread.  oops