OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

46 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Random thought: Saw where Lausanne (D2-2a) defeated Whitehaven (6a state champion). Big difference when a school can cherry pick players throughout a metropolitan area, no matter their size or classification. 

Also pretty crazy when you consider that Lausanne has only been playing football since 2013. And didn't win a region/district game until 2015.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Random thought: Saw where Lausanne (D2-2a) defeated Whitehaven (6a state champion). Big difference when a school can cherry pick players throughout a metropolitan area, no matter their size or classification. 

That's why Catholic is my pick to win the 5A championship in 2017 and 2018...and as long as TSSAA allows them to stay in the public school division

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

DCCATVOICE,  Will there be a show tonight?  First time in a while there was no replay of the game last weekend.  Was that because the result was so bad or was there technical difficulties?   

I hope there is a show. I want to hear what Gaddis says about the Farragut game. As for the replay, I saw the game live and once was enough!  LOL

yeah I know what you mean. It was a tough one to watch live.  I went back and watched it again on hudl on Monday. It was a bad outing all the way around except for the first drive before the fumble.  From that point on it was downhill.

This is just an observation and I will probably get bashed for saying it, but the most disappointing thing to me about that game was that it just looked like our guys didn't want to be out there competing.  I will stop short of saying they quit, because there were a few guys that fought hard to the end,  but the effort for the most part, for the first time this year seemed uninspired.  I hope we can put that game behind us and come out Friday night with some enthusiasm and play hard for 48 min.  If we can get a win, we will have to earn it and it could be exactly what this team needs moving forward.  

I am also interested to see what Joe has to say about last weeks game because Joe won't sugar coat it.  He's pretty blunt about what we did well and what needs to be better.  

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

yeah I know what you mean. It was a tough one to watch live.  I went back and watched it again on hudl on Monday. It was a bad outing all the way around except for the first drive before the fumble.  From that point on it was downhill.

This is just an observation and I will probably get bashed for saying it, but the most disappointing thing to me about that game was that it just looked like our guys didn't want to be out there competing.  I will stop short of saying they quit, because there were a few guys that fought hard to the end,  but the effort for the most part, for the first time this year seemed uninspired.  I hope we can put that game behind us and come out Friday night with some enthusiasm and play hard for 48 min.  If we can get a win, we will have to earn it and it could be exactly what this team needs moving forward.  

I am also interested to see what Joe has to say about last weeks game because Joe won't sugar coat it.  He's pretty blunt about what we did well and what needs to be better.  

I won't bash you for saying what you did but I'll just say that I would bet you that the players might bash you if they could.  I never saw them "quit" but it appeared that they weren't very inspired after the pick 6 and 35-0.  Soon after that it seemed like we made major substitutions on defense and they were able to score that last TD on our subs.

Since you call him "Joe" I assume you know him pretty well.  How does a defeat like that, or any defeat affect him?  What's his mood this week?

Speaking of mood, I wonder what kind of mood the team is in?  Will the Farragut game have a lasting effect or can the players put it behind them and focus on this big game?

Yep, that's exactly what I meant.  I didn't say they quit, I stopped short of that.  But we agree the effort was uninspired and that is what was most disappointing to me.  

Yes, I do know him.  He absolutely hates to lose, especially to Clinton and Farragut.  It really eats at him and he will probably never get over it, 41-0 to the Ads. I'm sure he would agree. 

Having said that the coaches and the team have no choice but to put it behind them and move on.  We have a lot to play for yet and it doesn't get any easier with West coming in.  They are terrific on defense, let's just hope they wait another week before they put it all together on offense.