is Oakland 2013-2016 the best team over a 4 yr period to never win state

32hammer

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious on everyone's thoughts. Is Oakland 2013-2016 the best team in TN history over a 4 year period to not win a state championship?

I don't think I've ever had that thought. Now that I've actually thought about it. Are you trying to say that during that period of time they are better then Maryville? Or, are you excluding every team that has won a state championship during that period? Because Ravenwood and Whitehaven have also been pretty dominant In that same time period. That's just in 6A. Indy in 5A has been pretty dominant as well. Then you have Brentwood Academy and MBA in D2 to think about.

Let's just say that Oakland has been ONE of the TOP football programs during that time span and leave it at that.

I don't think I've ever had that thought. Now that I've actually thought about it. Are you trying to say that during that period of time they are better then Maryville? Or, are you excluding every team that has won a state championship during that period? Because Ravenwood and Whitehaven have also been pretty dominant In that same time period. That's just in 6A. Indy in 5A has been pretty dominant as well. Then you have Brentwood Academy and MBA in D2 to think about.

Let's just say that Oakland has been ONE of the TOP football programs during that time span and leave it at that.

He is saying has there ever been a better team not win a State Championship over a 4 year period.