Heritage Coach Bill Duncan Suspended

Highlander66

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you are going to coach high school athletics nowadays and you want to stick around for a long time, your best bet would be to pat your players on the back and tell them how great they are.

Disclosure- I do not know what Duncan did to be suspended..... I'm just saying that older, hard-nosed coaches are falling by the wayside. IMO, administrators don't want to deal with the fallout of that type of coaching.

Edited by Norman Dale

I think if you are going to coach high school athletics nowadays and you want to stick around for a long time, your best bet would be to pat your players on the back and tell them how great they are.Disclosure- I do not know what Duncan did to be suspended..... I'm just saying that older, hard-nosed coaches are falling by the wayside. IMO, administrators don't want to deal with the fallout of that type of coaching.

In other words baby the kids, god forbid someone gets in their a** and demands their best....Folks don't want the truth, they only want to hear or see what makes them feel good.

Also, Folks tend to judge others by their bad days while judging themselves only by the good days. That being said I am not 100% sure as to what happened, always to sides to any story & sometimes passion can be confused for something else. But if I had a Nickel for every time I have been grabbed,pushed,pulled & cursed by a Coach or someone of Authority/ Higher Rank, I would be a Rich Person.

Best of Luck to Coach Duncan, his family & the Student Athletes

I think if you are going to coach high school athletics nowadays and you want to stick around for a long time, your best bet would be to pat your players on the back and tell them how great they are.

Disclosure- I do not know what Duncan did to be suspended..... I'm just saying that older, hard-nosed coaches are falling by the wayside. IMO, administrators don't want to deal with the fallout of that type of coaching.

What you said is all that happened. Older hard nosed coaching. When you hear being investigated by the BCSD it would mislead you to something more. 

What you said is all that happened. Older hard nosed coaching. When you hear being investigated by the BCSD it would mislead you to something more.

If this is what has happened it is truly sad. Looking at HS basketball now days you can see it is just not as good as in past as a whole. Sure you have some good teams here and there, but as a whole the quality is way down and I believe it is because you are not able to coach kids anymore because you have to make sure not to hurt any of the parents or kids feelings.

Today my HS coach would have served 10 to 20 years in the big house. I garentee everyone who played for him loves him now.