Christian Brothers Duals

WrestlingGod

It's not disdain. Apologies if I came off that way. It's just that usually Chattanooga and Nashville (they're not really middle but I'm thinking about Memphis and East Tn as sort of the bookends), and now most of midstate with the advent of teams like Wilson Central, Beech, Blackman, and Summit, have been the teams that we guys on the extreme ends of the state have had to contend with, and the teams we look to as we chase the upper tier of teams in the state. I know what it's like to be one of the little guys, and I think it's cool when teams on either end are successful, because we have to work really hard to gain ground on the more traditionally powerful programs. Having two pretty good teams in region 1 is fun for me. That's all I meant. Wrestling all over the state is so much better. Back a few years ago the big four were Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, and Clarksville.  Now there are at least ten other teams in that mix. I like that.

No disrespect intended. Just happy for what in baseball would be called a small market team.

• Upvote 1

AC, I understand now where you're coming from. Anything outside of the Tri-Cities all the way to the Shelby County line is considered a mid-state area team. Some geography majors on here may disagree with your geographical assesment of our state, but you make a valid point about the Big 3 in 'Nooga. IMO, you are exactly correct in that abt 8-10 teams have a legitimate shot at finishing third or fourth this season. I've already stated on here before that I believe 1st and 2nd places are locked up, but there are several teams that could take home some hardware as well,depending on who wrestles the best that weekend. The gap this season between the third best team and the tenth best team is very narrow. Good Luck to All!