Eight player football

Indian

If they go D-1 with the multiplier it is over!!!!

I don't think Sacred Heart is even a TSSAA member in football.

Sacred Heart is one of those schools that could benefit from 8-man football, but let's keep in mind that they have been a successful 8-man team, I'm assuming they're ready to take that next step to 11-man football due to roster increase. Sacred Heart's next decision is to either install lights to their field at St. Mary's or play on Thursday's at a high school or play at the football field off Hollywood. They are fighting daylight issues (especially in October) and having to use portable lights. I know installing new lights are expensive for schools.

I don't think South Fulton, Lake County, and Bruceton would ever drop to 8-man football. Bruceton was a playoff team last year, Lake County was in it until the last game against Humboldt, South Fulton is in a tricky situation because of Union City. I don't think those 3 teams ever drop big enough in terms of team population to 8-man, besides, Bruceton has some good size anyway and Lake County (according to their people) is suppose to improve next year.

I could see Greenfield and Gleason go to 8-man, but it may be unrealistic.

I hope Sacred Heart is taking that next step in going to 11-man football! I wish them nothing but the best of luck!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they go D-1 with the multiplier it is over!!!!

I don't think Sacred Heart is even a TSSAA member in football.

Sacred Heart is one of those schools that could benefit from 8-man football, but let's keep in mind that they have been a successful 8-man team, I'm assuming they're ready to take that next step to 11-man football due to roster increase. Sacred Heart's next decision is to either install lights to their field at St. Mary's or play on Thursday's at a high school or play at the football field off Hollywood. They are fighting daylight issues (especially in October) and having to use portable lights. I know installing new lights are expensive for schools.

I don't think South Fulton, Lake County, and Bruceton would ever drop to 8-man football. Bruceton was a playoff team last year, Lake County was in it until the last game against Humboldt, South Fulton is in a tricky situation because of Union City. I don't think those 3 teams ever drop big enough in terms of team population to 8-man, besides, Bruceton has some good size anyway and Lake County (according to their people) is suppose to improve next year.

I could see Greenfield and Gleason go to 8-man, but it may be unrealistic.

I hope Sacred Heart is taking that next step in going to 11-man football! I wish them nothing but the best of luck!!!

Gleason is realistically the only school I could see dropping. But I seriously doubt it ever happens

As for Sacred Heart I think they go D-II when they enter the TSSAA

Edited by DwightKSchrute

Here is the smallest 15pubic schools with a team in 1a .   Sale Creek and  Whitwell is there just for those that think they are small for some reason.  Public schools that don't have teams but good enrollment numbers are Van Buren County, Santa Fe and Washburn.

At any rate, several of these are tradition reach and/or perennial powers.

Cloudland 233

Coalfield 180

Greenback 234

Hollowrock-Bruceton 184

Huntland 272

Lake County   223

Lookout Valley 172

Midway 272

Moore County 275

Oakdale 183

Pickett County 226

Red Boiling Springs 204