Class A Mr. Basketball Nominations

CoachT

Austin Fisher Clarksville Academy avg 25.5 per game, per max prep top 5 scoring,free throws ,threes,steals and  has scored over 2000 pts  in career 2302 pts last year all state, this year Mcdonalds all American nominee.Has led Clarksville and District in scoring since freshman season,

How does this kid even get a McDAA nomination??? Scoring is so saturated in the state bc certain areas lack talent so much that when one decent kid comes along he kills the competition. But when that kids plays against the talent rich areas he learns he doesn't compare. But im sure this logic applies in all states. I just dont see how this kid gets the nomination if he isn't even ranked in the state by the recruiting boards. 2500 pts will be a nice feat though. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is hitting 40 a game his coach deserves it for letting him stay out there in blowouts. He is a good player but nobody gets 40 a game in Tennessee without rubbing some weak noses in it late.

What is his teams average margin of victory? If its 6 and he has 40ppg stop voting right now and give it to him. If its 28 and he has 40 well......still deserving to be in the discussion.

I know guys averaging 20 a game that play 2.5 quarters most nights. Again, not critisizing the kid he has my utmost respect and if he won I could embrace that choice! He is a heckuva player

It is extremely weak competition in that area of the State. A,AA,AAA, All Bad/ Good Player, Shoots a ton of layups,but should be in discussion

Caden Mills Van Buren County Spencer Tn

Agree, I have only seen him once this year but he played AAU with my son all summer and is a heck of a ball player! Granted, I don't see much A ball and have not seen the other candidates but Caden is a great player!

Edited by Thomas508

Great point. He was only a shell of himself in the playoffs last year against better players.

What are you talking about? He averaged 28ppg last year and averaged 30 through the district and region tourney. He scored 25-27 vs Hampton in the state tourney. But yeah it seems like he was just a shell of himself.

Hyperquick has been proven time and time again he is an idiot when it comes basketball predictions. I forgot he has reffed all over the country and that makes him an ESPN Analyst.

For a kid that doesn't run his mouth and plays the game the right way he sure has created a grudge from people like hyperquick.

Edited by Shozen

What are you talking about? He averaged 28ppg last year and averaged 30 through the district and region tourney. He scored 25-27 vs Hampton in the state tourney. But yeah it seems like he was just a shell of himself.

Hyperquick has been proven time and time again he is an idiot when it comes basketball predictions. I forgot he has reffed all over the country and that makes him an ESPN Analyst.

For a kid that doesn't run his mouth and plays the game the right way he sure has created a grudge from people like hyperquick.

Said he should be considered. Said he is a good player. Said the competition is not strong in that Region.All True. Hampton is Bad too. Wish the Young man nothing but the best & all young athletes the best. Some folks think & see with their hearts. R-E-L-A-X

Ok maybe a shell of himself was wrong word to say statistically. But in the playoffs his impact among the team is less felt against quality competition. Watch him play a game in his area and you see a lot of back door lobs, wide open lanes and rarely ever contested shots. But when he plays an A team that has the athletes to compete and stay in front of him and a coach who will game plan for him his team loses. He's the team's only option he should get his numbers regardless. I hope they make a run and get to face a west team with a good squad like Humboldt or Dubois or the forgotten three time defending champions Mitchell to see how effective his 40 ppg will be in the winner’s column. 

Tyreke Key is the best player in single A and will win this award this year! Place him in any single A region in TN and he would dominate the competition no doubt just ask all the d1 kids he torched from all over the U.S. This summer.

.......TN bobcats isn't even a big aau program. Everyone knows that the best players play for the teams with the shoe contracts so don't gauge the real talent off of a few lowly AAU teams. Key is at the top of A as the best player but i honestly don't think there's much that separate him from Parker Stewart besides the stats and Stewarts much better shooting ability. But then again Stewart can't get those stats bc he's in West TN where the talent isn't as scarce as it is in Region 4. There's no doubt that Key will win the award but hold your horses on deeming him as the best thing in A if you haven't seen everyone. 

Edited by TonyG

Ok maybe a shell of himself was wrong word to say statistically. But in the playoffs his impact among the team is less felt against quality competition. Watch him play a game in his area and you see a lot of back door lobs, wide open lanes and rarely ever contested shots. But when he plays an A team that has the athletes to compete and stay in front of him and a coach who will game plan for him his team loses. He's the team's only option he should get his numbers regardless. I hope they make a run and get to face a west team with a good squad like Humboldt or Dubois or the forgotten three time defending champions Mitchell to see how effective his 40 ppg will be in the winner’s column. [/size]

I hear you & agree with you. Consistent competion level matters to all kids. Truth is in Single A ball you rerely get solid comp consistently & in some areas you rarely see good comp in 3A. Penny didn't average 40 per game, Lebron didn't,Bird didn't , MJ didn't , etc,etc. Don't think anyone is picking on any particular kid, just a discussion & that's what this forum is, a discussion forum. Best of luck to all these young men

.......TN bobcats isn't even a big aau program. Everyone knows that the best players play for the teams with the shoe contracts so don't gauge the real talent off of a few lowly AAU teams. Key is at the top of A as the best player but i honestly don't think there's much that separate him from Parker Stewart besides the stats and Stewarts much better shooting ability. But then again Stewart can't get those stats bc he's in West TN where the talent isn't as scarce as it is in Region 4. There's no doubt that Key will win the award but hold your horses on deeming him as the best thing in A if you haven't seen everyone.

Correct. TN Bobcats is Not a Club. In today's Summer Hoops Landscape most of the Better Players hoop on the NIKE,ADDIDAS & UNDER ARMOUR Circuit. I do know that the Bobcats played in the ADIDAS Invitational in Indianapolis ( open event to non-shoe teams) and weren't competitive. But they are a solid local team