Class A Mr. Basketball Nominations

CoachT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see a team from West Tn play any kind of defense so wrong logic to use here my friend.  If Key played over there he'd average more than he does now!   He'd have 10 dunks a game instead of 5, he'd have 45-50 a game every night.  When West Tn starts  playing defense come back and we'll talk about it.  You win because you have 2 million people in Memphis to pull from, the rest of the state is lucky to have that many combined!

West TN doesn't play Defense???. Come on, the Defense in West TN is far better than Middle TN, not even close, play mostly man,in your face, middle TN plays a ton of soft zone & when they do play man it's not in your face at all. And classifications are determined by the population/attendance numbers at the school not the population of the entire city. To say that any kid in Middle TN would do more if they played in Memphis, one of the most talent rich areas in the entire United States, is completely laughable. I would bet the numbers would drop in half. More athletes,faster,bigger,stronger,better Coaching,more serious on every level. Basketball is a way of Life in Memphis. Produced tons of Pros, Middle TN has Never Produced a Single Professional Basketball Player...Completely Different Level of Hoops between Memphis & Middle TN

William Douglas is the only one who is more athletic even though he is considered a small forward. Carlos Marshall (Small Forward) and Tristan Jarrett isn't that much better if any than Key certainly not anymore athletic.

Key also received an offer from UT Martin the same as Carlos.

Douglas is definitely a combo guard. He plays the 3 for cbhs but runs all the PG duties when he's on the floor and played alot of PG on the circuit over the summer. He's maybe a 2 on the next level but i dont think he would be ranked and recruiting as a 1/2 option if he were a 3. 

I think Key is better than Jarrett. I was just talking athleticism comparison. Both of them are kinda sneaky athletic. And from what i seen from team thad over the last few years when they were together, Marshall is probably a little more athletic than Douglas in some aspects. He just doesn't play the same role or have the handle. Handles and straight line speed sets these two apart outside of their roles. CJ can really shoot it and its underrated.  

Edited by TonyG

West TN doesn't play Defense???. Come on, the Defense in West TN is far better than Middle TN, not even close, play mostly man,in your face, middle TN plays a ton of soft zone & when they do play man it's not in your face at all. And classifications are determined by the population/attendance numbers at the school not the population of the entire city. To say that any kid in Middle TN would do more if they played in Memphis, one of the most talent rich areas in the entire United States, is completely laughable. I would bet the numbers would drop in half. More athletes,faster,bigger,stronger,better Coaching,more serious on every level. Basketball is a way of Life in Memphis. Produced tons of Pros, Middle TN has Never Produced a Single Professional Basketball Player...Completely Different Level of Hoops between Memphis & Middle TN

I dont even reply to that guy anymore just about everything he says involving Key and West TN is a joke. Top 5 player in what state? Maybe top 5 in 2017, but if some were in their right grade he wouldn't be top 10. Can't let those boosted numbers get to his head. I dont think their are many people on this forum who would agree with West TN not playing D lol. Playing stall ball and 2-3 zone with scores of 35-32 doesn't equate to excellent defense, just a scheme. 

Edited by TonyG

I've yet to see a team from West Tn play any kind of defense so wrong logic to use here my friend.  If Key played over there he'd average more than he does now!   He'd have 10 dunks a game instead of 5, he'd have 45-50 a game every night.  When West Tn starts  playing defense come back and we'll talk about it.  You win because you have 2 million people in Memphis to pull from, the rest of the state is lucky to have that many combined!

Every post you make is laughable. So Corey Brewer who went to Portland High School in Portland Tn, 2 time national champion, has played in the NBA since 2007 and is a starter for the Houston Rockets doesn't count? How about Brandon Wright out of Brentwood Academy who plays for the Memphis Grizzlies?  You're a joke!    Give me a pool of 2 million and see if i can't find a team that will compete at the highest level!  As far as defense goes, all they do is out "athlete" you and for the most part they are very successful at it. Until you can add facts to the conversation refrain from commenting on my future posts.  

I can assume you have not seen much W TN basketball. Defense is the staple for those teams and Memphis. We have won the last 3 gold balls because of defense.

I can assume you have not seen much W TN basketball. Defense is the staple for those teams and Memphis. We have won the last 3 gold balls because of defense.

Maybe he's only seen A. Everyone doesn't play D like Mitchell in A. But there are always scorers in A, maybe thats what has him thinking that way. I guess we don't play D in memphis bc we press and play man instead of sitting back in a zone allowing 30 passes before a score. 

Edited by TonyG

I dont even reply to that guy anymore just about everything he says involving Key and West TN is a joke. Top 5 player in what state? Maybe top 5 in 2017, but if some were in their right grade he wouldn't be top 10. Can't let those boosted numbers get to his head. I dont think their are many people on this forum who would agree with West TN not playing D lol. Playing stall ball and 2-3 zone with scores of 35-32 doesn't equate to excellent defense, just a scheme. 

Have you se

You've won the last 3 gold balls because you have the players over there.  There is no doubt that some of the teams play defense but take Mitchell for example.  Here is a school in Memphis that is allowed to pull kids in from a huge city and play at the Class A level.  There is no way they shouldn't win the gold ball every year.  Give me that kind of talent pool and see if i don't win the state championship.  

Everyone always wants to bring up the enrollment numbers but its not as if a 500 school is playing 1500 schools. Oh wait the best team in the state is doing that but that doesn't count lol. 

You can quote numbers all you want, in those 500 students i guarantee you there are some blue chip players that play on this team and if this school was zoned they would not be eligible to play on it.  All you need is 5.  Let any coach take their pick of players in Memphis like Hardaway does and see what happens.  

Maybe he's only seen A. Everyone doesn't play D like Mitchell in A. But there are always scorers in A, maybe thats what has him thinking that way. I guess we don't play D in memphis bc we press and play man instead of sitting back in a zone allowing 30 passes before a score. 

I've seen as much ball as either of you have i can promise you that.  I've been to West Tn and watched games, I've watched games in California, Florida, Illinois etc.. so maybe its you two that need to get out of memphis?  

You can quote numbers all you want, in those 500 students i guarantee you there are some blue chip players that play on this team and if this school was zoned they would not be eligible to play on it.  All you need is 5.  Let any coach take their pick of players in Memphis like Hardaway does and see what happens.  

If East were zoned they would still be good enough to win it all, IF they could get out of memphis. I know off top that if the school was zoned, they would only lose one starter and one rotation guy. Subtract these two players and they are still 15 pts better than any team in the state. You speak as if penny has his the top tier of the best individual players in memphis. And East just won state 4 years ago way before penny got into the picture. 

The open enrollment actually helps everyone outside of memphis bc players don't want to play with another equally talented person in their position. Do your research and ask someone with legitimate knowledge of middle school ball in the area and youll be told that alot of kids played together in middle school and if they stayed along that path the east & southeast schools would win year after year bc they would be loaded. Majority of the top players went to schools such as highland oaks, whitestation, bellevue, john p freeman etc. So that means year after year Middle and East TN would complain about Whitestation, Southwind, Ridgeway and Whitehaven being way more talented than the rest of the state. The selfishness of players helps you all out with open enrollment honestly.