Oak Ridge vs Knox Catholic ?

Bravey

All though I wasn't at the game I did listen on radio. When OR had their "JV" in Fulton didn't have a starter in the game when it was cut to 10 on the ft that were a result of technical. At that time radio announcer recapped line up and Fulton had 3 soph 1 freshman and a sr non starter in the game. Give the Falcons credit for making OR a little uncomfortable at the end.

Don't think OR has a realistic chance to we state. Gotta win district and region first as Sweet Science said. Remember talk last year about winning the state and got beat in sub state.

Will the cats win the District: for sure. Will they win Region most likely. Sub State maybe. History says no as they choked last two years. State get there and a 12.5 percent chance.

Yes they had starters in the whole time. Trust me I was there. I don't care what the announcer said. Anyway, not going to argue about it. We dominated them on their home court, so I'm fine with that. And choke? We probably did choke against Blackman in 14 definitely should've won that game. 2 years ago East was just better than we were, no choking was involved. Last year you could maybe make the case that we choked but Crockett beat us twice last year. They were just a bit better than us. No shame in that. I don't think we will win either, but this is HS basketball we're talking about. All it takes is 1 off night, and boom you have an upset. I wouldn't write us off just yet, but like I said the focus needs to be on winning the district right now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they had starters in the whole time. Trust me I was there. I don't care what the announcer said. Anyway, not going to argue about it. We dominated them on their home court, so I'm fine with that. And choke? We probably did choke against Blackman in 14 definitely should've won that game. 2 years ago East was just better than we were, no choking was involved. Last year you could maybe make the case that we choked but Crockett beat us twice last year. They were just a bit better than us. No shame in that. I don't think we will win either, but this is HS basketball we're talking about. All it takes is 1 off night, and boom you have an upset. I wouldn't write us off just yet, but like I said the focus needs to be on winning the district right now.

No Need to debate agree to disagree. What we can agree on is this. While Fulton was hoisting the gold ball in the Boro last year the wildcats were playing baseball or in spring break in Fla. just saying.

No Need to debate agree to disagree. What we can agree on is this. While Fulton was hoisting the gold ball in the Boro last year the wildcats were playing baseball or in spring break in Fla. just saying.

Good for them. Was glad they won. Always enjoy seeing local teams win. Just sayin', I can talk like a valley girl, too. 😃 Edited by SweetScience

I have been to numerous games this year for Fulton .. they don't have starters .. they play about 10 guys all the same amount if mins .. heck when they played Webb earlier in season .. it was close game and they had 2 frosh 3 sophs in game .. they rotate mins.. have all year

I have been to numerous games this year for Fulton .. they don't have starters .. they play about 10 guys all the same amount if mins .. heck when they played Webb earlier in season .. it was close game and they had 2 frosh 3 sophs in game .. they rotate mins.. have all year

I hear you. Tad, do you think they can make a run in AA @ state this year?

I hear you. Tad, do you think they can make a run in AA @ state this year?

im not sure .. Catholic is very good .. they would have turn people over and shoot a little better .. they never have had tall teams .. they might be able to advance .. not alot of teams with that type pressure and quickness who play 10 guys .. Oak Ridge is as quick or quicker plus taller . But I think teams will have trouble with their pressure .. but can they shoot and rebound well enough in the end will decide .. they have had some guys shoot the ball better last year than this year ..

I didn't see the Powell/Fulton game, but I did see Fulton in our Christmas Tournament and last night.

Whatever Rebelwoman ... I have been to multiple games where some games Sheely nor Davis started ... lineups have been different alot ... I have been to games when Sheely and Davis played lees than the freshman PG ... so point is you will see any number of palyers play in 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 4th Qtrs .. they dont have starters .. they play 10 guys ... period. Sheely sat out 1 1/2 qtrs in 1st half so what wouldnt he play in 2nd half .. duh ... you putting way to much stock in starters .. other teams you may do that but with Fulton they have none that play anywhere close to a full game in mins.