W.E.B.Dubois in Memphis

UCSportsFan

Not mad, not jealous.

I'm glad to see a school from Memphis on a national level. That's great. I'm just tired of everyone acting like this is all legit.

The TSSAA overlooks Memphis all the time. The volume of requests too much. This is happening at other school districts just on a smaller level.

So this ain't happening in Middle Tn with girls basketball, and this ain't happening in East Tn with Football? So TSSAA over looking them also?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the top players play for loaded prep schools. There aren't many public or private schools that play state regulated ball that are as talented as East. HH is not a tenn school. Most of the kids are from Canada and Africa, im just saying. 

Edited by TonyG

Hamilton heights made them look average . They couldn't handle the taller guards . Saying that them and Cordova probably headed for rematch in state . If you can't handle bigger athletic guards you aren't going to play the top schools in America and win . Lets just keep it at one of the best in tenn.

So Collin Sexton, RJ Barrett, and etc not a top guard in America

Lonax looks nice and Lawson just a sophomore and will be special with some work . I really like the 2 guard he can really go can't remember his name . He has really improved since last year . HH has two of top guards in the country one going to Kyl, and one to va.tech . Kid going to va. Tech going to do well there .

Tony I know you probably know this question . Whst does east need to do to get into that 8 team tournament for a national championship sponsored by dicks sporting goods store

I think their is a selection committee. 

With them playing Montverde twice and splitting they're making a case for themselves. The thing that might hurt them is the number of games they will play. Last year East didn't play much outside of the district. So far this year they've played 18 games compared to 22-25 from the other schools in the spotlight. And having high major D1 seniors on your team helps and East has underclassmen.

Hamilton heights made them look average . They couldn't handle the taller guards . Saying that them and Cordova probably headed for rematch in state . If you can't handle bigger athletic guards you aren't going to play the top schools in America and win . Lets just keep it at one of the best in tenn.

Cordova has the major potential of being upset at anytime. They lost to Humboldt, a single A school, by 15, beat Arlington by 2 then turned around and lost to them by 17. 

Southwind and Ridgeway have as good of a chance as Cordova. Kirby can beat you if you're not on your toes and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Collierville could surprise somebody. I wish I could say Houston, a ton of talent, was in that same breath but I just can't. Don't sleep on White Station either.

Nobody outside of Memphis in AAA should beat any of these teams. 

East won't completely dominate these other teams but they're just too deep and too talented for other teams to withstand them for 32 mins.