W.E.B.Dubois in Memphis

UCSportsFan

Everybody knows but most don't care.

East is cheating but no one complains in Memphis because they know it will do no good. We joke all the time that Binghampton must be the new place to live because the best high school basketball players in Tennessee (and the Southeast Region) all live there.

One of the best players in Memphis, that goes to a Shelby County School, lives in Olive Branch. Collum has been at 3 schools in three years.

The new twist to this, from what I've heard is the Keelon Lawson is getting back into high school coaching and going back to Hamilton.

McCollum has only played for Olive Branch his Freshman year and East his Sophmore year, you acting like basketball players can't stay in the rough parts of the neighborhood, why is everyone jealous that East is the dominant team right now. If Lawson goes back to Hamilton it's because he wants to coach his sons, but the new twist is, if Lawson leaves Dj Jeffries will be happy to take Lawson spot on the team

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched film of Dubois on youtube vs Columbia from Georgia. Not impressed. They just play park ball. Any team that plays good defense will beat them

How many single A teams can actually play good defense? Like you have to guard all 5 players on the floor, and you can't help. As long as they don't play Humbolt at Humbolt they are ok.

McCollum has only played for Olive Branch his Freshman year and East his Sophmore year, you acting like basketball players can't stay in the rough parts of the neighborhood, why is everyone jealous that East is the dominant team right now. If Lawson goes back to Hamilton it's because he wants to coach his sons, but the new twist is, if Lawson leaves Dj Jeffries will be happy to take Lawson spot on the team

I'm making a point that some of the best players in the state live in a concentrated area. It has nothing to do with the rough parts of town. 

So if Keelon goes to Hamilton and Chandler leaves East for Hamilton and DJ Jefferies goes from Olive Branch to East there is nothing fishy about any of it?

No one is jealous. TJ Moss doesn't live in East's district. East's reported enrollment was less than 500 they will be classified as Single A next year. It's just coincidence that Lomax, Moss, Lawson, Dandridge, McCollum all are in that area, are some of the best players in the state, and all go to a Single A school?

A millionaire, basketball legend, who's not the head coach but goes to the coaches meetings before the game with the refs, being able to "be on staff" at a Single A school (in a rough area your words not mine) that have one of the best sophomores in the nation, reigning AAA Mr. Basketball, a top 100 player in his class, with another top 10 sophomore waiting in the wings, and having a NBA trainer on your payroll. 

All of that is just coincidence. Yea right.

I've also heard that Dj will be at East next year and he's a few strides better than lawson imo, just lacks the coaching. but hey i dont know anything 

Edited by TonyG

I'm making a point that some of the best players in the state live in a concentrated area. It has nothing to do with the rough parts of town.

So if Keelon goes to Hamilton and Chandler leaves East for Hamilton and DJ Jefferies goes from Olive Branch to East there is nothing fishy about any of it?

No one is jealous. TJ Moss doesn't live in East's district. East's reported enrollment was less than 500 they will be classified as Single A next year. It's just coincidence that Lomax, Moss, Lawson, Dandridge, McCollum all are in that area, are some of the best players in the state, and all go to a Single A school?

A millionaire, basketball legend, who's not the head coach but goes to the coaches meetings before the game with the refs, being able to "be on staff" at a Single A school (in a rough area your words not mine) that have one of the best sophomores in the nation, reigning AAA Mr. Basketball, a top 100 player in his class, with another top 10 sophomore waiting in the wings, and having a NBA trainer on your payroll.

You sound mad, you must be jealous. Majority of all East players went to Lester, only kid that transferred in was McCollum and his son. The rest of players started at East.

Finally a man that tells it like it is. Much respect. +100

wrong again sparky. Trump from the get go. That's why I call it like I see it. You get on other threads and call people cheaters and that they recruit. Now you get on here and play with kid gloves. Think I know who the real democrat is. Just like I said on the other threads. People play by the rules but privates you want to say are cheaters. Does that mean all are cheaters , No. and we most certainly are not cheaters at TCA. Just like W.E.B. Is not cheating. Playing by the rules!!!!!🌳🌳🌳🌳 shaking the bush boss.

If you say so biscuit boy. Now just because YOU say it doesn't make it true FYI. However I'll take your word for it but I can't speak for the rest of the genius's on here. ðŸ‘

You sound mad, you must be jealous. Majority of all East players went to Lester, only kid that transferred in was McCollum and his son. The rest of players started at East.

pretty sure malcolm and tj weren't apart of the Lester group. but im honestly not hating, i dont have a dog in the AAA fight currently. pig nick & alo were part of the group, heck even with those three i think you could have a solid team with the addition of chandler. East has an abundance of talent.  

Not mad, not jealous.

I'm glad to see a school from Memphis on a national level. That's great. I'm just tired of everyone acting like this is all legit.

The TSSAA overlooks Memphis all the time. The volume of requests too much. This is happening at other school districts just on a smaller level.