W.E.B.Dubois in Memphis

UCSportsFan

I have only seen one team from middle Tennessee thst can even compete with the Memphis teams in AAA snd that is Summit. Decent guards a good forward signed with Navy snd a 6'10 jr thst plays like Lawson. But shoots it better .i believe the game j watched them play was against HH.. getting old memory going . It was in the Nashville classic in Jan.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordova has the major potential of being upset at anytime. They lost to Humboldt, a single A school, by 15, beat Arlington by 2 then turned around and lost to them by 17. 

Southwind and Ridgeway have as good of a chance as Cordova. Kirby can beat you if you're not on your toes and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Collierville could surprise somebody. I wish I could say Houston, a ton of talent, was in that same breath but I just can't. Don't sleep on White Station either.

Nobody outside of Memphis in AAA should beat any of these teams. 

East won't completely dominate these other teams but they're just too deep and too talented for other teams to withstand them for 32 mins.

Southwind is the biggest threat in the region. Cordova isn't the same without having Dupree in the middle. He was a shot changer. 

Tony I know you probably know this question . Whst does east need to do to get into that 8 team tournament for a national championship sponsored by dicks sporting goods store

I honestly think they get in off of making it to the championship in two of the best tourneys in the country. Beating montverde 2-1 will be helpful, but in the end I think they will get in off the star power of having Penny on the bench which ESPN will surely capitalize on. As long as they win state it's hard for me not to see them in it. 

Edited by TonyG

I honestly think they get in off of making it to the championship in two of the best tourneys in the country. Beating montverde 2-1 will be helpful, but in the end I think they will get in off the star power of having Penny on the bench which ESPN will surely capitalize on. As long as they win state it's hard for me not to see them in it.

But the question is will the Tssaa allow them to be in it

Why wouldn't they ? And does chino hills ever play in that

because they would have to approve them competing in it and they don't stand to gain from it and no chino hills didn't play in it last its mostly only prep schools and maybe 2 public schools each year Edited by mcon6983

I saw an article and if im not mistaken penny said something about the dick's tourney, if im correct he must know that the tssaa will allow them to play. The only non private schools that I could see playing in the tourney is Chino, Nathan Hale in Seattle(Michael Porter Jr and Brandon Roy is the head coach), Sierra Canyon(Bagley and his starting 5 of all D1 players can compete with any prep school) and East. Now i can't see them picking all four, but I know that two of these teams is better(this year) than some of the prep schools that normally get the invitation. 

I'll try to find the article or source that i think i read to confirm. 

Edited by TonyG

I saw an article and if im not mistaken penny said something about the dick's tourney, if im correct he must know that the tssaa will allow them to play. The only non private schools that I could see playing in the tourney is Chino, Nathan Hale in Seattle(Michael Porter Jr and Brandon Roy is the head coach), Sierra Canyon(Bagley and his starting 5 of all D1 players can compete with any prep school) and East. Now i can't see them picking all four, but I know that two of these teams is better(this year) than some of the prep schools that normally get the invitation.

I'll try to find the article or source that i think i read to confirm.

I saw that article I hope they do let them play

Southwind is the biggest threat in the region. Cordova isn't the same without having Dupree in the middle. He was a shot changer. 

I agree Southwind has the size and guards to make a run at state. Cordova is just too small now and don't have enough horses that can score.