Predictions for Tuesday night's game when Clarkrange travels to Pickett

West TN is not that fortunate. Greenfield, Peabody, Gibson County, Union City, Gleason, Dresden, Huntingdon, Trinity and Middleton are all good enough to play in the Boro and only 2 of them can go.

I feel your pain, many years District 7A and 7AA have had the best 4 teams in the state and only two of them were able to move on to the glass house.  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

No doubt SG is the favorite this year. They are still the champs until someone knocks them off. I see the list of teams you've beaten and I don't see any teams from Middle or West Tn where the true power lies in Tn Girls basketball. East Tn is traditionally the weakest of all, but I will say that SG and Morristown West are quality teams. District 7A will bring back the gold ball again this year though. SG has had a nice run but it ends this year. You heard it here first :popcorneater:

You said that last year. The weak teams thing and everything.

No 

No doubt SG is the favorite this year.  They are still the champs until someone knocks them off.  I see the list of teams you've beaten and I don't see any teams from Middle or West Tn where the true power lies in Tn Girls basketball.  East Tn is traditionally the weakest of all, but I will say that SG and Morristown West are quality teams.  District 7A will bring back the gold ball again this year though.  SG has had a nice run but it ends this year.  You heard it here first  :popcorneater:

What middle or west tn powers have PC or Clarkrange Beat? I know your a upper Cumberland Homer but to say that traditionally East Tn is the weakest I would disagree. Oak ridge was in the AAA finals last year and Morristown West kept it the closest against Riverdale at state. Science Hill made it to the girls finals in 2012 and 2013. 3 semi final teams in AA last year were from East Tn. There are some really good programs in East Tn. Ex. Bradley Central, McMinn central, Cumberland co., Stone Memorial, Oakridge, Science Hill, Daniel Boone (this year), Morristown West, SG, etc.

Pickett should close it out. 58-52 with a minute left; hopefully the internet will be back working tonight in Byrdstown. PC almost shot their self out of it by firing 3s in the 2nd half. They better be thanking Pritchett as she saved them.

If South Greene has any size then I would give PC a 5% chance to beat them simply because the 3s aren't going to fall in the glass house and they can't defend anyone with size.

Edited by Shozen

Pickett by 5, hard to beat a good team 3 times in a row, I believe PC will shoot the ball better than CR tonight. However, the region championship will be a different story I'll take the range in that one.

Good call. PC 63 - CR 56 (by 7). However, I do believe PC should have won by 12-13 points. They made a few unforced turnovers. CR is a great team with a lot of size, but full court pressuring them looks like the key to beating CR. PC made a couple critical steals under their basket toward the end of the game to help seal the win.