Predictions for Tuesday night's game when Clarkrange travels to Pickett

What middle or west tn powers have PC or Clarkrange Beat? I know your a upper Cumberland Homer but to say that traditionally East Tn is the weakest I would disagree. Oak ridge was in the AAA finals last year and Morristown West kept it the closest against Riverdale at state. Science Hill made it to the girls finals in 2012 and 2013. 3 semi final teams in AA last year were from East Tn. There are some really good programs in East Tn. Ex. Bradley Central, McMinn central, Cumberland co., Stone Memorial, Oakridge, Science Hill, Daniel Boone (this year), Morristown West, SG, etc.

Pickett has beaten AAA Stone twice, AAA Cookeville, 8AA Winner Livingston twice, 12A Champ Richland, AA Memphis Raleigh Egypt by 30, and last night avenged their only losses of the season by beating Clarkrange.

Pickett has lost to the eventual winner of Class A the last two years and Clarkrange lost to Middleton in the finals two years ago.

SG is the favorite, no question, but IF all 3 teams make it to the Boro, it sure is gonna be fun to watch.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What middle or west tn powers have PC or Clarkrange Beat? I know your a upper Cumberland Homer but to say that traditionally East Tn is the weakest I would disagree. Oak ridge was in the AAA finals last year and Morristown West kept it the closest against Riverdale at state. Science Hill made it to the girls finals in 2012 and 2013. 3 semi final teams in AA last year were from East Tn. There are some really good programs in East Tn. Ex. Bradley Central, McMinn central, Cumberland co., Stone Memorial, Oakridge, Science Hill, Daniel Boone (this year), Morristown West, SG, etc.

Hey SG made a believer out of me last year I know they are a very good team! However on the east being weak you proved my point. Yes there will always be one or two quality teams here or there over the years but as a whole they haven't won a lot of state championships over the past 15-20 years compared to middle and west Tn. Is that a fair assessment or do you disagree?

Edited by UCSportsFan

Hey SG made a believer out of me last year I know they are a very good team! However on the east being weak you proved my point. Yes there will always be one or two quality teams here or there over the years but as a whole they haven't won a lot of state championships over the past 15-20 years compared to middle and west Tn. Is that a fair assessment or do you disagree?

I don't know how how you think my comment proved your point. You have 3 dominate teams in middle TN in the past 15-20 in Shelbyville, Blackman, and now Riverdale. West tn it's usually Memphis Central. When you have east tn teams making the finals or semi finals it's means they have to go through middle and west Tn teams to make it. I'll agree that middle TN and west Tn have more championship but if you want to look at overall strength you need to look at how many teams from each area of the state are in the semis. That's like everyone hanging their hat on East Tn football being the best just because how many championships that Maryville and Alcoa have....

Pickett has beaten AAA Stone twice, AAA Cookeville, 8AA Winner Livingston twice, 12A Champ Richland, AA Memphis Raleigh Egypt by 30, and last night avenged their only losses of the season by beating Clarkrange.

Pickett has lost to the eventual winner of Class A the last two years and Clarkrange lost to Middleton in the finals two years ago.

SG is the favorite, no question, but IF all 3 teams make it to the Boro, it sure is gonna be fun to watch.

I wasn't knocking on PC or Clarkrange schedule. Just trying to show there are alot of good programs in East TN. Like SG heard last year that we hadn't played anyone when in fact their schedule had themy more than ready for the glass house. This year the schedule is just as hard if not harder. South Greene won it last year and the year before blew a lead against eventually state champ Middleton because of missed free throws and lost 59 to 58. SG, PC, and Clarkrange will be the 3 best teams at the glass house and should make for some fun games. The big question is do believe PC is better than last year? I know yall lost McClellan and Ferrell, but return Buck and Pritchett. SG returns everyone and the only senior on this years team is the PG Cutshaw.

I don't know how how you think my comment proved your point. You have 3 dominate teams in middle TN in the past 15-20 in Shelbyville, Blackman, and now Riverdale. West tn it's usually Memphis Central. When you have east tn teams making the finals or semi finals it's means they have to go through middle and west Tn teams to make it. I'll agree that middle TN and west Tn have more championship but if you want to look at overall strength you need to look at how many teams from each area of the state are in the semis. That's like everyone hanging their hat on East Tn football being the best just because how many championships that Maryville and Alcoa have....

How you gonna leave Jackson Co out of the dominant teams out of Middle TN over the last 15-20 years? 7 state titles since 2000...is anyone else even close?

Edited by bob77

Blackman and Riverdale are "johnny come lately's" in girls basketball and both have benefited from gleaming the middle schools and the AAU circuit in middle tn so i don't look at them as dominant programs over time.  Look at where Blackman is now 8-15 so there is no dominance there just a couple of years and then nothing.  Riverdale will be the same way.  Your dominant programs are the ones that have stood the test of time and competed and won multiple state championships over the last 15-20 years.  Shelbyville was dominant because why?  They had a great coach who is now one of the best coaches in college.  Jackson County, 8 gold balls and 7 state championships since 2000 4 in a row in AA.  Clarkrange 8 gold balls. Both have hall of fame coaches and both have won at the highest level regardless of classification. Just because you have a school that is AAA doesn't mean they could beat a smaller school in girls basketball.  Shelbyville was the Number 1 team in the nation, Dateline NBC was doing a special on them and they came into Jackson County, the defending AA state champion and got beat with the camera's rolling....  The Upper Cumberland has more gold balls than any other part of the state.  Livingston Academy, Upperman, White County, Jackson County, Clarkrange, Pickett County, Clay County etc.. Shelbyville stands above all no doubt and now you have Riverdale, Oakland, Lawrence County is always tough, CPA... Then we go to west tn with Gibson County, Obion, Union City, the list goes on and on.  You have a couple in East Tn that's about it. Morristown West as of late but there is no one over there.  I have watched Maryville play multiple times and they are not a dominant team.  The one constant you have over there is McMinn Central.  How long has their coach been there?  Coming out of the east in Tn high school women's basketball is the easiest road to the state tournament that's just fact.  

Blackman and Riverdale are "johnny come lately's" in girls basketball and both have benefited from gleaming the middle schools and the AAU circuit in middle tn so i don't look at them as dominant programs over time.  Look at where Blackman is now 8-15 so there is no dominance there just a couple of years and then nothing.  Riverdale will be the same way.  Your dominant programs are the ones that have stood the test of time and competed and won multiple state championships over the last 15-20 years.  Shelbyville was dominant because why?  They had a great coach who is now one of the best coaches in college.  Jackson County, 8 gold balls and 7 state championships since 2000 4 in a row in AA.  Clarkrange 8 gold balls. Both have hall of fame coaches and both have won at the highest level regardless of classification. Just because you have a school that is AAA doesn't mean they could beat a smaller school in girls basketball.  Shelbyville was the Number 1 team in the nation, Dateline NBC was doing a special on them and they came into Jackson County, the defending AA state champion and got beat with the camera's rolling....  The Upper Cumberland has more gold balls than any other part of the state.  Livingston Academy, Upperman, White County, Jackson County, Clarkrange, Pickett County, Clay County etc.. Shelbyville stands above all no doubt and now you have Riverdale, Oakland, Lawrence County is always tough, CPA... Then we go to west tn with Gibson County, Obion, Union City, the list goes on and on.  You have a couple in East Tn that's about it. Morristown West as of late but there is no one over there.  I have watched Maryville play multiple times and they are not a dominant team.  The one constant you have over there is McMinn Central.  How long has their coach been there?  Coming out of the east in Tn high school women's basketball is the easiest road to the state tournament that's just fact.  

Those Shelbyville games were packed

My assessment is neutral. and I have witnessed all three play at least one game this year.  PC might benefit from the large court in M'boro, but they will have to shoot it well for them to win.  CR and SG both have strong post play which appears to be difficult for PC to handle....at least it has been for two of the three they have played against CR.  I think SG has the best player in Lamb and she will give PC and CR fits because she works so hard and can get her shot off against taller defenders.  Can she stop Meadows if they end up meeting?  I doubt it but she should be able to hamper her because she is strong too. (If she gets in foul trouble then Meadows could rule the paint against them)  My bet is that SG sees them both and they retain the gold ball because they really play well on the big stage.  One other assessment.....they will all three be in M'boro because they are extremely tough outs.

Kaz