Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

What? I just gave you the team names you asked for and now you're ignoring it? What is wrong with you? Are you so bitter and misguided that you cannot acknowledge I answered your question with facts?

You guys are hilarious. Make a claim, then it's rebutted, and you completely ignore tangible evidence to the contrary. Lol

Nah, you can't say when and where these so-called games took place...

I can tell you the last time we played a D2 school at Da Haven. I was still on the staff, 2009. we won 21-0

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you can't say when and where these so-called games took place...

I can tell you the last time we played a D2 school at Da Haven. I was still on the staff, 2009. we won 21-0

Was that the mud bowl game with CBHS? If so, that game wasn an absolute mess (talking about the crazy playing conditions not atmosphere or anything that happened.) I've never seen as muddy of a game.

As to the other thing I said earlier about neutral site home and home (I know that inherently doesn't make sense but hopefully y'all know what I mean), to which you replied that the way to make it work is to do a real home and home. Obviously that's not the way to make it work, as evidenced by the fact that it was not worked. In negotiations when something doesn't work, you come up with other ideas and offers, which is exactly what I provided. Would it work? I have no idea, but at least it's a different plan instead of just calling everyone cowards.

If Whitehaven really wanted to play BA, MBA, Ensworth or even CPA they would've gotten in touch with those teams before the season even ended. You can be a racist and call the private schools "lily white" or scared of something but they know how to schedule good teams and don't come on CoachT and cry. I've seen BA go from Alabama to playing teams from Alaska. MBA has been to S.C. Union City travels the country playing good teams. So getting games is not the problem. The coach not setting the schedule is the problem. Trying to find games in February for a state title team is ridiculous! The top teams in the country travel all over for games and rarely get home and home.

What? I just gave you the team names you asked for and now you're ignoring it? What is wrong with you? Are you so bitter and misguided that you cannot acknowledge I answered your question with facts?

You guys are hilarious. Make a claim, then it's rebutted, and you completely ignore tangible evidence to the contrary. Lol

I'm reading... Are you saying ONE school playing ONE away game to an inferior opponent makes my overall claim invalid? 

Nope. You'd provide them just as much laughter as we get out of you here.

In all seriousness why do you think it is your own area schools don't want to play you? I mean, you and BHS whine and complain on here about Mid TN programs but schools much closer refuse to play you too. You try to inject race in the argument but we all see examples where the schools you are blasting regularly play opponents with much different racial makeups so what's the reason?

You want the T to believe you are intelligent (your use of "pox" was fantastic) so stop with the low hanging fruit reason (race) and make valid points. BTW, you lose so much credibility when you do that it takes away from the discussion. We expect BHSenator to do it in every post so he has little credibility, but you stay on the peripheral in most threads. It's obviously difficult for you but you maintain yourself fairly well.

Try the discussion thingy instead of hyperbole and let's see if some substantive debate can get going. Or, you can just continue down the path of mind numbingly silly posts that do not help your argument. Let's hear it.

In all seriousness they would love to play us. CBHS, MUS, Briarcrest, and others would LOVE to play us. It is no secret.

They are not willing to come to WHITEHAVEN to play us. 

That is the sticking point. It has always been the sticking point. Coming to play a game at WHITEHAVEN is not dangerous. Your daughters nor will your wives get raped after or during a game. Your sons will not be beaten and brutalized by gangs. You will not get robbed.You will not be harassed by a horde of Black people wanting to promote 'Black Live Matter'. Or anything else that you could imagine that could happen coming to see a game at WHITEHAVEN STADIUM.

That is why we are having problems scheduling games. It's not the competition. It's not the other team losing a game. It's because the reputation, which is unfounded, is such that the schools that are majority of a white enrollment, don't want to come and play here if they don't have to do it.

There has never been an issue, and there never will be an issue. Yet, if you ask some folks, they will tell you behind closed doors that if you come to play at Whitehaven you are taking your life into your hands. Yet, we have hosted game, after game, after game. It's not just Whitehaven though. Its any scghool in a major city that has a black enrollment and in a black neighborhood. White folks are scared to go into the neighborhood and play a game. 

So, what happens is this ... instead of saying that ... that they are scared to come to the neighborhood ... they offer a payment to the school in question and an invitation to come to their stadium and play a football game. They get the game they want and the parents and fans all feel safe.

Whitehaven has said enough! Our stadium is just as safe to play a game as MUS or CBHS.

So, Whitehaven isn't going to give in to the stereotype that has been cast upon our school or our community. We will not sign a contract unless it is home/home. Let the chips fall where they may. If a D2 school wants to play against us ... we go to them one year, the next year they come to us. If the constituents of that program don't want to come to Whitehaven for a game because they don't think its safe, then so be it. We are not going to have games in neutral sites because folk won't come to Whitehaven and play a game. It is safe place to play and watch a game. We have demonstrated over the years that it is a safe place to play. One year, a program that isn't from a black neighborhood will sign an agreement and it will be the start of a very good relationship. Lausanne is the first private school to step up to the plate. Let's see how this works out shall we?

Edited by kwc

I'm reading... Are you saying ONE school playing ONE away game to an inferior opponent makes my overall claim invalid? 

It's the pink elephant in the room. No one wants to talk about it. However, there it is in full glory for all to see.

Maybe if we pretend to not see it. It will go away.

Was that the mud bowl game with CBHS? If so, that game wasn an absolute mess (talking about the crazy playing conditions not atmosphere or anything that happened.) I've never seen as muddy of a game.

As to the other thing I said earlier about neutral site home and home (I know that inherently doesn't make sense but hopefully y'all know what I mean), to which you replied that the way to make it work is to do a real home and home. Obviously that's not the way to make it work, as evidenced by the fact that it was not worked. In negotiations when something doesn't work, you come up with other ideas and offers, which is exactly what I provided. Would it work? I have no idea, but at least it's a different plan instead of just calling everyone cowards.

I say calling a person out is far more effective... 

If Whitehaven really wanted to play BA, MBA, Ensworth or even CPA they would've gotten in touch with those teams before the season even ended. You can be a racist and call the private schools "lily white" or scared of something but they know how to schedule good teams and don't come on CoachT and cry. I've seen BA go from Alabama to playing teams from Alaska. MBA has been to S.C. Union City travels the country playing good teams. So getting games is not the problem. The coach not setting the schedule is the problem. Trying to find games in February for a state title team is ridiculous! The top teams in the country travel all over for games and rarely get home and home.

Buckeyeball. Just assume that the Whitehaven head coach isn't stupid. Yes BA and all of those schools will travel and play a game. It's rare for them to travel to a black school. Then, it will only be a one time deal at that, if it does happen.

We understand the economics ... that's not an issue with Whitehaven.