6AAA 2017

PIONEERS12

Well, as usual the coaches picked girls for all district by favoritism over ability and stats on some picks. That is just sad, if they can't do a better job than that, they need to go coach kids leagues and quit leaving girls off first team that clearly should have been on it. It's clearly not fair to the girls who put the work in but coaches clearly picked some of them only because they liked them without considering stats! Totally sucks!

Well, as usual the coaches picked girls for all district by favoritism over ability and stats on some picks. That is just sad, if they can't do a better job than that, they need to go coach kids leagues and quit leaving girls off first team that clearly should have been on it. It's clearly not fair to the girls who put the work in but coaches clearly picked some of them only because they liked them without considering stats! Totally sucks!

I couldn't have said it better by myself. The girl from Stone was the one I expected, Cumberland's absolutely confounded me! The pitcher they picked didn't even play half the season that I saw. But I did finally see last night that her mom keeps the stat book and takes pictures and is an all around favoritism seeker, so that explains a lot. Their first baseman was the only kid who could hit off of Whites pitcher all season pretty much, from Cumberland I mean. The choices from White were just ok. Warren could've gone a lot of directions because they are just a good team overall. Didn't agree with one or two of Cookevilles choices either - think there was a bit of the same favoritism going on there. The lead off batter from Rhea who plays Centerfield, can't remember her name, she got it and was well deserved. Other than that, it's a load of politics and doesn't hurt anybody but the kids and their efforts. It's no wonder this is a weaker district. Kid's that love it and give their efforts for their TEAM, end up giving up after getting screwed over and over.

Tnbigboy im not hearing any crickets. Do u have something to say.

Wrongway it happens every year. I hate that it does but it does.

The biggest let down is when u can see thatvplayers feel let down by ther coach. That's what I seen last night in the cookeville/warren game. Grant u warren didn't hit like they can and they had few errors but in my opinion it all started with coaching last night.

Now u can say what U want to but had a pitching changevbeen made earlier I think the outcome is a lot different.

Jus so every one knows I don't hide behind a user name when I say what I got to say. My name is Ryan Tackett my daughter plays for Warren County #2 and I'm proud of her but warren was not delt a fair hand last night by ther coach. If this hurts anyone's feelings , well u will jus have to grow up and except life isn't a bed of roses and I'm not Willy wonka I don't sugar coat anything.

Also I wanted to mention I don't mean to take anything away from cookeville they came to play and that they did.

Tonight's games are

3pm white/rhea

5pm winner of game at 3 v/s warren

7pm winner of game at 5 v/s cookeville

9pm if game

Edited by ryan665

When your daughter has better stats than other girls on your team that made first team all district, you tell me if she should be pissed or not. One the girls stats wasn't even close to my daughters but she got the nod over mine. Good ole boy stuff if I ever seen it! What do you tell your kid to make her feel better, coach won't tell her!

When your daughter has better stats than other girls on your team that made first team all district, you tell me if she should be pissed or not. One the girls stats wasn't even close to my daughters but she got the nod over mine. Good ole boy stuff if I ever seen it! What do you tell your kid to make her feel better, coach won't tell her!

Same here!!

ABSOLUTELY AGREE on SOME OF THE DISTRICTS REGULAR SEASON PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sat through this District and one of the other District's play this year, having cousins in two districts, but what I have seen is this:

Warren does have good players, but attitude should be included in the All District selection and there are two who made it from Warren who have absolute horrible attitudes.  One, I witnessed intentionally elbowing batters as they were walking back to the dugout!!!  Umpire stood and watched - did nothing.

I was surprised with Warren's selections.

Rhea Co deserved the Most Valuable Player, I think.  Center is very good, good hustle, good running the bases, just all around good pick and Memphis has a good one for the next four years.

Cumberland, I too agree with Momofoneplayer.  The pitcher DID NOT EVEN PITCH half of their games.  One of those pick and chose players.  That in no way deserves a District mention. 

I thought the catcher was a good choice, and I also thought the first baseman should have gotten it.

White had three players who deserved it, pitcher for sure, best in the district; short and centerfield. But only pitcher and short.  Other than than no one on this team deserves it. 

Stone, I can understand their choice.  

And, wrongway, I completely understand how you are feeling.  TOO MANY COACHES do not do the right thing and it is pathetic.  I don't know your daughter, but I do know Warren did not chose the girls who have performed all season.  

But, to be honest, I will be COMPLETELY satisfied when I don't watch another high school game with the coaches I have been around, and hoped it would be this year over next year.  I have seen 

unbelievable bias on the coaches part and on the umpire part.  I have been around coaches who would not take advice from college coaches, thinking they knew more - I have been around coaches calling pitches who do not have any idea how to call a game - only inside and outside pitches when their pitchers have worked with pitching coaches who have players in the pros, and they know how to throw rises, drops, curves, changes, but stupid is the high school coach who only knows fastballs.  

It is unacceptable to believe this great game is still getting this crap for coaches and umpires. 

And, it is unacceptable that the kids who work so hard, are getting crapped on by these stupid coaches, as evident with some of the picks for All District.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE on SOME OF THE DISTRICTS REGULAR SEASON PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sat through this District and one of the other District's play this year, having cousins in two districts, but what I have seen is this:

Warren does have good players, but attitude should be included in the All District selection and there are two who made it from Warren who have absolute horrible attitudes. One, I witnessed intentionally elbowing batters as they were walking back to the dugout!!! Umpire stood and watched - did nothing.

I was surprised with Warren's selections.

Rhea Co deserved the Most Valuable Player, I think. Center is very good, good hustle, good running the bases, just all around good pick and Memphis has a good one for the next four years.

Cumberland, I too agree with Momofoneplayer. The pitcher DID NOT EVEN PITCH half of their games. One of those pick and chose players. That in no way deserves a District mention.

I thought the catcher was a good choice, and I also thought the first baseman should have gotten it.

White had three players who deserved it, pitcher for sure, best in the district; short and centerfield. But only pitcher and short. Other than than no one on this team deserves it.

Stone, I can understand their choice.

And, wrongway, I completely understand how you are feeling. TOO MANY COACHES do not do the right thing and it is pathetic. I don't know your daughter, but I do know Warren did not chose the girls who have performed all season.

But, to be honest, I will be COMPLETELY satisfied when I don't watch another high school game with the coaches I have been around, and hoped it would be this year over next year. I have seen

unbelievable bias on the coaches part and on the umpire part. I have been around coaches who would not take advice from college coaches, thinking they knew more - I have been around coaches calling pitches who do not have any idea how to call a game - only inside and outside pitches when their pitchers have worked with pitching coaches who have players in the pros, and they know how to throw rises, drops, curves, changes, but stupid is the high school coach who only knows fastballs.

It is unacceptable to believe this great game is still getting this crap for coaches and umpires.

And, it is unacceptable that the kids who work so hard, are getting crapped on by these stupid coaches, as evident with some of the picks for All District.

I would really like to hear more bout warren and the ones with bad attitude. I think for the most part warrens was correct except one I think they missed. Also think one got left out that had better numbers for sure. I think they got the offensive player of the year correct I mean at the time all district was chosen she had a .714 BA and ended with a .667.

I agree Cumberland's was not the best choice.

I have said before D. Smith is a beast very deserving.

I am like u tho I'm done with hs ball and the coaching all I have ever said is put ur best 9 on the field no matter who ther parents r. Tonight will be mines last time to step on hs field as she moves on to the next level.

Also u wod think that it being a district tournament that u cod get better umpires but no we get the same joke package we have all year.

I also want to say I like these threads for the most part but I wish all of u guys/gals wod step out from behind ur user name if ur gonna critizes players coaches and ther choices.

KARMA is a witch.

AND, KARMA came back to Warren last night. 

HOME COOKING may have helped them in two games in the tourney, but in the end KARMA.

As I said earlier, HOME COOKING gave Warren two BIG RUNS when the UMPIRES said they did not see the Warren runner flip White Co short and NO CALL got Warren the game.

And last night HOME COOKING gave WARREN, AGAIN, TWO BIG RUNS  from a NO CALL on a WARREN interference.

So, at least FOUR RUNS because the HOME UMPS didn't "see" the interference on either game. Not sure how that happened when the field ump was looking straight at the play. I guess a Pioneer fell out of the sky and blocked his vision.  REAL CONVENIENT for Warren.

BUT, in the END, KARMA!

Warren loses by TWO - PERFECTLY FITTING!

I think Cookeville showed who was the better team - better attitudes, better sportsmanship, better team coaching.

This years tournament was the poorest run tournament I have seen in a long time in high school sports.  How is it possible for the Championship game to be playing until midnight.  

Pathetic organization, and so glad to get an 8.5 X 11 inch printed piece of paper that somebody laminated.  WHOOP  WHOOP for the Regular Season ALL DISTRICT.  That must have taken them back a dollar or two. 

Ain't gonna matter in the long run, neither team will not do anything in the Region.  

But, KARMA always comes back! 

Softballtheonlygame I had respect for ur opinion until ur last post. Those games last night had a lot wrong with them. Ther were blown calls on both sides.

Jus to speak a little on cookeville being the better attitude and sportsmanship and whatever else u think u know.

I have nothing against the players especially the catcher she is awesome. But any way the coach and some fans r the rude crude and down right disrespectful. They deface ur field and jus go whatever they want to. They were takin banners down so they cod see but ther are stands they can sit in. Also coaches goin on the field without asking for time coaches on the field during a play. It's a good thing for cookeville that warren had been playin since 5pm 23 innings or they wod be goin to Soddy instead of having a home game.

I will say my hat is off to the cookeville players and only the players because the coaches and some fans are not a class act at all.

The only thing u said in ur post sir that was true is karma is a witch.

I still think warren is a great team and good luck to both in ther regional games.

I agree with softballtheonlygame. The only people in the whole district that think Warren County has class is Warren County. The bleachers were full and our fans couldn't see. Our parents moved sign that they would have been glad to put back, but rude Warren county parents were having nonen of that. By the way no signs in the way on the home side. Spectators lined up all the way down the first base line with no obstructed view. Not a very hospitable environment. Then parents confronting our coaches, ridiculous! You can't tell they haven't been there in awhile, they don't know how to act. The Warren county girls played their hearts out and I respect them especially their pitcher. But the coaches and parents got exactly what they deserved. KARMA!