6AAA 2017

PIONEERS12

All District team, well this is just what I have seen and is just my opinion. Rhea has the best outfielder in district and the twins are very good. Warren has a very good catcher, shortstop and 2nd baseman.. White has a good shortstop. Cumberland's 1st baseman is good. Cookeville's pitcher is good and they have a good catcher. No one from Stone really stands out that I remember. I believe the all district team is voted on by the 6 district coaches and stats should play a big part in the selection. Again this is just what I saw and just my opinion but I think Warren has the best team, Rhea has the best player and Cookeville the best pitcher.

Rhea and White have the best Centerfielders.  It would be fun to see these two go head to head against each other and if Whites center wasn't playing college basketball, she would have gone D1 as well.  

Warren and Cookeville have the best catchers.

Cumberland first baseman is the best,

White and Warren have the best Pitchers,  

White and Warren have the best Shortstops.

Not sure on third or second. Hard to tell on the other outfielders. 

But who knows who the coaches will vote on.  Usually their favorite, not necessarily the best overall. Stone has a couple of players who have gotten better as the season went along, and someone will receive an All District from that team just not sure who.

Warren does have the best team, hands down.

There has been no consistency in the district this year by teams, some good play and some horrendous play and hopefully the ones with horrendous play will not be recognized.

I think you reward those who are accountable for their play, who work hard every day at practice, who have great attitudes, those who never stop hustling.  

Accountability is the Name of the Game!

i do think D Smith from Rhea is ur best outfielder and man does she have speed. I think warren has the best hitter in the district and possibly the best 5/6 hitters in the district. Cookeville has a good pitcher but it's mostly junk if u don't chase it she gets in a hole and gets frustrated and will groove u seen some girls take advantage of that. I wish all the seniors good luck in ther futures especially those that are goin on to the next level to play

I agree to some level on these choices, but just like howdydoall says, players should be rewarded because of their play for the season, not one or two games for the All District. 

Ryan665 is right on Rhea and their centerfielder, she is very good and has tremendous speed, but White also has a centerfielder who is right there with Rhea's.  She is as fast and a tremendous arm as well.  

Cookeville's pitcher is ok, but come on, Warren and White's is much better.  

Cookeville catcher is pretty good though. 

Rhea's infield is looking really good, don't get much second and short, for sure.  

Not sure on some of the others, I have seen some of the games, but spent more time watching another district.  

Edited by softballtheonlygame

Sad game tonight for CCHS. They had White Co beat all the way up to the top of 7. I definitely see what somebody was saying about Cumberlands first baseman though. On a bunt, I saw her check to make sure first base was covered and run to 3rd base to even cover it. She had 2 solid hits off a very good White Co pitcher. Stupid errors cost them that game. White County couldnt hit Cumberland's pitcher who for some reason decided to pitch tonight. Where has she been half the season? White County's defense was pretty good too.

Now the game before that one, SMHS and Rhea Co. That was just sad. Rhea didn't even have to play at half speed to beat Stone. That one was painful to watch.

Still think Warren has it locked up.

Sad game tonight for CCHS. They had White Co beat all the way up to the top of 7. I definitely see what somebody was saying about Cumberlands first baseman though. On a bunt, I saw her check to make sure first base was covered and run to 3rd base to even cover it. She had 2 solid hits off a very good White Co pitcher. Stupid errors cost them that game. White County couldnt hit Cumberland's pitcher who for some reason decided to pitch tonight. Where has she been half the season? White County's defense was pretty good too.

Now the game before that one, SMHS and Rhea Co. That was just sad. Rhea didn't even have to play at half speed to beat Stone. That one was painful to watch.

Still think Warren has it locked up.

This was a sad game for Cumberland Co - I don't think I would say they had White beat all the way till the 7th, I mean, yes, because White couldn't hit the pitcher, who like you say, picks and chooses when she wants to pitch.  But, Cumberland could not hit the White Co pitcher, whose only run was because of a ball hit to right field and the player stopped, looked and let the ball bounce 6 inches in front of her with no effort to pick it up.  But, the score was 1-0 until the 7th inning and White had left 10 people on base during the game.  But you are right, errors, three of them allowed White to get the bases loaded for the first year player to hit a booming shot to left field and score three. Then Cumberland had their chance to score in the bottom of 7, getting a couple of hits, then White's pitcher did her job getting Cumberland to hit easy grounders and a fly ball to end the game. 

I will say, as you mentioned, Cumberlands first did a good job.  She hustled all night and I liked her attitude, which was, I'll just let my game do my talking". 

Good game overall.  And, I agree, the first game was not much.  Rhea just  is the better team and will give all out effort.  Their speed is the difference in any game.  Unreal how fast they are.  Stone is playing without their coach, who does a good job, just not a lot of talent there.  They have had some good games this season, just not last night. 

Tonight will be Cookeville and Rhea, which will be a barn burner - I look for Rhea to take this one. and Warren and White, which i see Warren taking.  Again, Rhea's speed is the key and Warren is just a solid team.  Now, if White's pitcher was allowed to pitch her pitches, this would be a big time game, but, ignorance of knowing how to call pitches doesn't allow that to happen from what I hear.

Edited by howdydoall

Missed last nights game, but heard Cumberland and White put on a show!  Would like to have seen this one, been looking for a pitchers duel and I heard that was it.

But tonights games with Rhea and Cookeville will be a classic!!!  Can't wait for this one.  Cookeville has good coaching  and always good fundamentals.  Never fail to bring good knowledge of the game. 

Rhea has incredible speed and have gotten better over the season.  They have probably the best infield in the district. 

So, this is looking to be a great game!!!

And, Warren playing White.  I just don't see Warren losing this one.  They are just an overall good team in the district.  White is so much more improved, so much more a fundamentally sound team from last year, but still don't see them winning.  

I think I am going with Warren and Rhea in the finals. 

I just watched an amazing game tonight.

But, I Hate seeing umps take the game out of the teams hands.

ANYBODY who watched Warren and White play, knows what a horrific call was not made tonight when White had a two run lead on Warren - I mean anybody with any softball knowledge, except the two stupid umpires, knows a Warren player ran completely into Whites shortstop, as she was trying to field the ball! NO CALL by either pathetic umpire who did not have the marbles to call the Warren player out. Whether you are a Warren or White fan that was a horrendous NO CALL, I mean, if you are honest you know it was!

That put two runs on the board for Warren and tied the game.

Warren had no answer for Whites pitcher, who is by far, the best pitcher in this District and proved it tonight!

You see Warren won the game 7-5, but two errors by White's right field, a stupid error on a thrown ball by second and third and Warren wins, but believe me Warren knows they are VERY LUCKY tonight!

Umpires who take the game out of the players hands are pathetic! For two days, the umpires have been horribly unqualified, do not know the rules, and have a pathetic strike zone - inconsistent and stupid!

I didn't get to watch all of the warren/white game. I did get to watch the bottom of 6 and top of 7.

Now I'm sure ther were some bad calls both ways and ther were errors on both sides so I'm not gonna sit here a blame it on umpires.

I will say the savage girl has gotten better over the season and I will hand it to white county because defensively they have came a long way this year and I don't think they are done yet.

Warren better shape up tonight if they want to get past cookeville. Just because u beat a team twice doesn't gaurentee u a win.

Tonight we shod find out if hard work paid off or if coaches picked ther favorite players. The all district awards will be announced tonight. Lot of good players and if done right it' was a very hard decision.

Wod really like to see Warren make it to regional play this year. I think they can but man do we have some tough teams to beat to get ther.

Good luck to all teams tonight. To all seniors on all teams I wish u all well in ur future. I'm gonna miss swing my daughter play high school ball but glad she is moving on to bigger and better things.

Hope we have a big crowd for everyone tonight.

Let's go Lady Pioneers.

I didn't get to watch all of the warren/white game. I did get to watch the bottom of 6 and top of 7.

Now I'm sure ther were some bad calls both ways and ther were errors on both sides so I'm not gonna sit here a blame it on umpires.

I will say the savage girl has gotten better over the season and I will hand it to white county because defensively they have came a long way this year and I don't think they are done yet.

Warren better shape up tonight if they want to get past cookeville. Just because u beat a team twice doesn't gaurentee u a win.

Tonight we shod find out if hard work paid off or if coaches picked ther favorite players. The all district awards will be announced tonight. Lot of good players and if done right it' was a very hard decision.

Wod really like to see Warren make it to regional play this year. I think they can but man do we have some tough teams to beat to get ther.

Good luck to all teams tonight. To all seniors on all teams I wish u all well in ur future. I'm gonna miss swing my daughter play high school ball but glad she is moving on to bigger and better things.

Hope we have a big crowd for everyone tonight.

Let's go Lady Pioneers.

Ryan665, i usually respect your comments and you as a person on this board.

And, I respect you comments on this particular read, but, I did not blame the game on the umpires, if that is what you want to call them last night.  The umpires DID IN FACT not just miss a call, they blatantly made a HORRIFIC NO CALL and intentionally walked back to their positions after smiling at the Warren crowd.  Did this cost White the game, probably not, but it cost White two runs with two outs.  Thus the game would have gone into extra innings.  Then who knows.  The ultimate reason Warren scored their runs was two errors on right field, one throwing error on second that went into the dugout, an error on third who threw the ball after the girl was on first, and the catcher who stood up to make a sliding tag at home.  Those are the reason Warren scored. So honestly, Warren scored only on errors.  White did that to themselves, but the so called umpires had no idea what they were doing in this game.  Bad calls are all day long in a game, that was not a bad call, it was a horrific NO CALL and the Warren coach stood and watched and he was totally shocked.  

So, believe me, umpires this season alone have been horrible in every way, but in not knowing the game is not a excuse. 

Warren is the best team, but you are right, Cookeville is primed right now, after whipping Rhea Co.