5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

Understand the confusion with middle school.  But if you look at teams that were successful at the middle school age you will see they are pretty well successful in high school.  Farragut's seniors won Knoxville league.  (I think the private team of Petrones (made up with a lot of Farragut players won the private).  Check Maryville's middle schools (multiple schools) records and look up Rhea County middle school. Watch Anderson County in the next year or two (Norris Middle). Baby Falcon program has taken some hits lately but when it was booming (state champions). CAK a couple of years ago, Webb middle was pretty good. When I lived in Texas that was what they would say. Look out for top junior high teams in areas that were zoned to one school. Mostly, great programs have great feeders. Coaching, expectations, same systems, winning attitudes and community support.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand the confusion with middle school. But if you look at teams that were successful at the middle school age you will see they are pretty well successful in high school. Farragut's seniors won Knoxville league. (I think the private team of Petrones (made up with a lot of Farragut players won the private). Check Maryville's middle schools (multiple schools) records and look up Rhea County middle school. Watch Anderson County in the next year or two (Norris Middle). Baby Falcon program has taken some hits lately but when it was booming (state champions). CAK a couple of years ago, Webb middle was pretty good. When I lived in Texas that was what they would say. Look out for top junior high teams in areas that were zoned to one school. Mostly, great programs have great feeders. Coaching, expectations, same systems, winning attitudes and community support.

Graham and Jackson's team (Robertsville) went undefeated when they were 8th graders. I agree for the most part, but sometimes in MS the coaching really leaves a lot to be desired in a lot of instances.

FINALLY a voice of reason...except for your middle school analogy. I find no relationship in middle school football success or freshmen success for that matter...and varsity success. Don't bother trying to make a point to KnoxVil...he's blinded by his dislike for the OR coaches. Interesting that he's so interested in OR. I can't even tell you who the Fulton coach is, nor do I care. I can't name a coach on any team that we play other than the new one at Clinton and the Farragut coach. And I sure don't care what any of them do. Makes one wonder about KnoxVil and if he's really what he wants us to think he is!

You mad bruh??

Understand the confusion with middle school. But if you look at teams that were successful at the middle school age you will see they are pretty well successful in high school. Farragut's seniors won Knoxville league. (I think the private team of Petrones (made up with a lot of Farragut players won the private). Check Maryville's middle schools (multiple schools) records and look up Rhea County middle school. Watch Anderson County in the next year or two (Norris Middle). Baby Falcon program has taken some hits lately but when it was booming (state champions). CAK a couple of years ago, Webb middle was pretty good. When I lived in Texas that was what they would say. Look out for top junior high teams in areas that were zoned to one school. Mostly, great programs have great feeders. Coaching, expectations, same systems, winning attitudes and community support.

I agree with your MS analogy, unfortunately not having actual MS football in Knoxville is a travesty. I get the reasons why but still don't like it.

I agree with your MS analogy, unfortunately not having actual MS football in Knoxville is a travesty. I get the reasons why but still don't like it.

Fulton has a recruiter and coach for 6th ~ 8th grade in Josh Jones. Good teams with most the kids going to Fulton. But with Central getting a good coach and doing well Fulton is not getting the players it once did in the past.

Fulton has a recruiter and coach for 6th ~ 8th grade in Josh Jones. Good teams with most the kids going to Fulton. But with Central getting a good coach and doing well Fulton is not getting the players it once did in the past.

Fulton still getting good players .. but linemen is where they been lacking ... overall  maybe not as good as the 2013-2014 bunch but good enough to BEAT the best team in State in 4A last year .. so they still good ... 

Understand the confusion with middle school.  But if you look at teams that were successful at the middle school age you will see they are pretty well successful in high school.  Farragut's seniors won Knoxville league.  (I think the private team of Petrones (made up with a lot of Farragut players won the private).  Check Maryville's middle schools (multiple schools) records and look up Rhea County middle school. Watch Anderson County in the next year or two (Norris Middle). Baby Falcon program has taken some hits lately but when it was booming (state champions). CAK a couple of years ago, Webb middle was pretty good. When I lived in Texas that was what they would say. Look out for top junior high teams in areas that were zoned to one school. Mostly, great programs have great feeders. Coaching, expectations, same systems, winning attitudes and community support.

My point is that ONE good back in middle school can make a team undefeated and make up for no linemen. that doesn't work in high school. Our boys club teams are good and win "championships" but they don't have many linemen. But the backs make us look better than our teams really are. I watch RMS and JMS and I see some good backs but no linemen. I see linemen being allowed to play back and receiver positions because their stupid daddy thinks he's a star. That's what I'm talking about.

Graham and Jackson's team (Robertsville) went undefeated when they were 8th graders. I agree for the most part, but sometimes in MS the coaching really leaves a lot to be desired in a lot of instances.

Sweep left and sweep right but not a lineman in the area. That don't work in high school.

You mad bruh??

Nah bruh....just making a point about you and your likely background and your "interest" in OR football. Hey man, the Lady Wildcats unfortunately lost in the first round of the state tournament. Gaddis and staff will be blamed by you, SweetScience, and bounder...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.....Here comes rebelman to the rescue!!!!!

Nah bruh....just making a point about you and your likely background and your "interest" in OR football. Hey man, the Lady Wildcats unfortunately lost in the first round of the state tournament. Gaddis and staff will be blamed by you, SweetScience, and bounder...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.....Here comes rebelman to the rescue!!!!!

Was it that funny? You really talk a lot about all of us. We seem to really be on your mind a lot. Frankly, it's rather strange.

I hate OR and AC couldnt work out the schedule

Sweep left and sweep right but not a lineman in the area. That don't work in high school.

I was told it didnt work when they scrimmaged Norris that year before the season. They didnt want to get the RB's hurt and cut the scrimmage early. Norris was a physical team that year. They will all be JR's this year. I hate OR and AC couldnt work out the schedule to play this year would have been a good one, maybe next year....

I hate OR and AC couldnt work out the schedule

I was told it didnt work when they scrimmaged Norris that year before the season. They didnt want to get the RB's hurt and cut the scrimmage early. Norris was a physical team that year. They will all be JR's this year. I hate OR and AC couldnt work out the schedule to play this year would have been a good one, maybe next year....

I heard OR and Maryville will scrimmage this summer.