5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD????? Wow, I had no idea but thanks to SS for coming to my rescue (please don't get jealous RW...he seriously doesn't really like me)! My ego is intact and stronger than ever,thank you. It's just that some of you make the rest of us Oak Ridgers look so stupid with your asinine comments. Be critical all you want but it helps to make a little sense in the process and when you are critical 100% of the time and NEVER have anything good to say about a specific topic then your agenda is clear and you have no credibility with those of us with some sense. But don't let my words of wisdom stop you from being 100% negative about our staff of fools...just know that your agenda is exposed for what it is.

Lol okie dokie buddy. Just because I'm not a boot licker like some of y'all on here and are scared to death to throw a little criticism around even if it's warranted, and praise every little thing we do even if it doesn't deserve praise doesn't mean I don't love OR. Like I said if it bothers you that bad then leave, please. If not then I recommend you grow a sack and get over it. Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get between you two but some of our problems seem to come from the fact that coaches watched "tape" of us and keyed in on Graham and Higgins. You can only run Graham around the end so many times till somebody catches on , even an old fart like me saw it. And they double and triple teamed Higgins. Don't know why we didn't go to another receiver but I'm not a coach.

I'm done talking now!

WILDCAT PRIDE

And my "Agenda" exposed? WTF is this? CNN?

MSNBC...Chris Matthews! And now you have another "expert", Bounder, suggesting we use Higgins and Graham as decoys. I'll give this to Bounder, most of the "experts" said our stupid coaches didn't get Higgins and Graham the ball enough BUT Bounder has yet a new criticism of our fools...they got the ball to Higgins and Graham too much!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

I don't want to get between you two but some of our problems seem to come from the fact that coaches watched "tape" of us and keyed in on Graham and Higgins. You can only run Graham around the end so many times till somebody catches on , even an old fart like me saw it. And they double and triple teamed Higgins. Don't know why we didn't go to another receiver but I'm not a coach.

I'm done talking now!

WILDCAT PRIDE

Good points. I mean, I don't know any other way to put it but that we got worse as the year went on. Does that mean I think our coaches are terrible? Of course not. Does it mean I somehow have an inside conspiratorial agenda (as Catswild thinks) to get them fired? No, of course not. But, I can guarantee you one thing. If Gaddis was honest with himself then in my opinion I believe he would agree that we regressed last year. I've heard Coach G say on numerous occasions that one of the reasons he loves, and has always loved coaching here is because the fans demand excellence and the pressure that goes along with those demands. I don't see how any of us sitting back and being content with having above average teams and not winning a state title in going on 26 years now is a good thing personally. And in Gaddis' own words that's one of the reasons he loves coaching @ Oak Ridge. At least that's the impression I have always gotten from him.

Edited by SweetScience

MSNBC...Chris Matthews! And now you have another "expert", Bounder, suggesting we use Higgins and Graham as decoys. I'll give this to Bounder, most of the "experts" said our stupid coaches didn't get Higgins and Graham the ball enough BUT Bounder has yet a new criticism of our fools...they got the ball to Higgins and Graham too much!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

You're reading way too much into this. Nobody has said our coaches are stupid. That's you reading your own personal views into it. You keep saying that, so maybe you secretly think they're stupid? I don't know? But, the way you become unhinged when someone throws a little bit of feint criticism towards anything the coaching staff does makes me think you're one of them, or a family member of one. No other reason explains why you lose your sh&* the way you do when somebody does criticize them. 

MSNBC CNN, same thing. Lol From what I gather Bounder isn't saying we got the ball to them too much, but teams started figuring out that that was all we could do, so they started keying in on them 2 guys, which makes sense to me. Nothing stupid about that. All your great teams always have more than 1 or 2 players that can hurt you on offense, and that's basically all we have had the past two years. But, honestly it's more than that. Mediocre line play and QB play has hurt us too. And it's a cop out to say our line isn't good because they're smaller. The system we have in place is supposed to be beneficial to having smaller linemen like we have. Rhea came into our house in 2014 and whipped us up and down the field with a similar offense and similar linemen that we have had the past 2 years they just knew how to execute better then we have the past 2 years. Execution is what it's all about.

Edited by SweetScience

Good points. I mean, I don't know any other way to put it but that we got worse as the year went on. Does that mean I think our coaches are terrible? Of course not. Does it mean I somehow have an inside conspiratorial agenda (as Catswild thinks) to get them fired? No, of course not. But, I can guarantee you one thing. If Gaddis was honest with himself then in my opinion I believe he would agree that we regressed last year. I've heard Coach G say on numerous occasions that one of the reasons he loves, and has always loved coaching here is because the fans demand excellence and the pressure that goes along with those demands. I don't see how any of us sitting back and being content with having above average teams and not winning a state title in going on 26 years now is a good thing personally. And in Gaddis' own words that's one of the reasons he loves coaching @ Oak Ridge. At least that's the impression I have always gotten from him.

Now we are beginning to agree on SOMETHING. I heard Gaddis speak at Rotary this year and he said EXACTLY what you just said...and it sounded like he really meant it. It also sounded like he really loves it here but I can't imagine why with "fans" like some of you. Maybe he has thick skin or hopefully he doesn't read this garbage!

Now we are beginning to agree on SOMETHING. I heard Gaddis speak at Rotary this year and he said EXACTLY what you just said...and it sounded like he really meant it. It also sounded like he really loves it here but I can't imagine why with "fans" like some of you. Maybe he has thick skin or hopefully he doesn't read this garbage!

I'm no fan, just feel as if it is a disservice to the kids of OR.

MSNBC CNN, same thing. Lol From what I gather Bounder isn't saying we got the ball to them too much, but teams started figuring out that that was all we could do, so they started keying in on them 2 guys, which makes sense to me. Nothing stupid about that. All your great teams always have more than 1 or 2 players that can hurt you on offense, and that's basically all we have had the past two years. But, honestly it's more than that. Mediocre line play and QB play has hurt us too. And it's a cop out to say our line isn't good because they're smaller. The system we have in place is supposed to be beneficial to having smaller linemen like we have. Rhea came into our house in 2014 and whipped us up and down the field with a similar offense and similar linemen that we have had the past 2 years they just knew how to execute better then we have the past 2 years. Execution is what it's all about.

We agree AGAIN...CNN and MSNBC are about the same! I really worry about our line situation and I haven't seen much to get excited about at RMS/JMS either. We have speed and skill but linemen are lacking at all levels of football here in OR. Until that changes, OR won't win big no matter how many great runners or receivers we have. I disagree with you about OR having the same kind of linemen as that Rhea team a few years ago. Those guys in Rhea County are just tougher and meaner...overall more rugged than OR kids growing up and I think that makes a difference. Dayton/Evensville provide for a whole different upbringing than OR. Our kids are too pampered.