5A 2017 rankings

32hammer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are beginning to agree on SOMETHING. I heard Gaddis speak at Rotary this year and he said EXACTLY what you just said...and it sounded like he really meant it. It also sounded like he really loves it here but I can't imagine why with "fans" like some of you. Maybe he has thick skin or hopefully he doesn't read this garbage!

Dude, we have been over this before. If Gaddis (Who last I checked is well over 60 years old) can't deal with a bit of criticism then he needs to get a new profession. I'm sure he realizes that that is part of the territory that comes with coaching. It isn't always gonna be rainbows and confetti pumping in life, and I believe he has his big boy pants on and is aware of that and able to overcome. God, if that's the hardest thing he is gonna have to deal with in this life then he has an easy road ahead.

. Those guys in Rhea County are just tougher and meaner...overall more rugged than OR kids growing up and I think that makes a difference. Dayton/Evensville provide for a whole different upbringing than OR. Our kids are too pampered.

That MAY play just a little part of it. God knows it couldn't be that their kids work harder in the weight room, and that their linemen are just better coached and execute better than ours. God forbid that be the case. Tough kids come from everywhere. I know farm boys from Loudon who are tough as leather, but their teams suck in football. Not every kid in OR comes from a family of doctors & Scientist's. You know there are some pretty rough spots in OR I don't like to be in when it gets late @ night. Believe it or not some kids on our team come from those areas. Played with many tough kids growing up here. Elliott Normand was one of the toughest kids that has ever suited up for the Wildcats and he grew up the son of a lawyer. You don't have to be a corn fed country boy to be tough.

Edited by SweetScience

That MAY play just a little part of it. God knows it couldn't be that their kids work harder in the weight room, and that their linemen are just better coached and execute better than ours. God forbid that be the case. Tough kids come from everywhere. I know farm boys from Loudon who are tough as leather, but their teams suck in football. Not every kid in OR comes from a family of doctors & Scientist's. You know there are some pretty rough spots in OR I don't like to be in when it gets late @ night. Believe it or not some kids on our team come from those areas. Played with many tough kids growing up here. Elliott Normand was one of the toughest kids that has ever suited up for the Wildcats and he grew up the son of a lawyer. You don't have to be a corn fed country boy to be tough.

OK, I'll give in and agree with you. The kids in Rhea County (the linemen) aren't as good as the OR linemen but they work harder, are better coached, and execute better than the OR guys. That being said, while I agree with you 100% on Elliott Normand, I don't see any of those guys out there but I hope I'm wrong. I'll say it again though...until we get some linemen to go along with our backs and receivers, we will exit the playoffs early every year. Maybe we can send our superior linemen to Rhea County to work out, learn the game, practice harder, and execute better, we will be much better. Anything we can do to get our players away from our coaches, I think would be to the advantage of our poor, misguided players.

OK, I'll give in and agree with you. The kids in Rhea County (the linemen) aren't as good as the OR linemen but they work harder, are better coached, and execute better than the OR guys. That being said, while I agree with you 100% on Elliott Normand, I don't see any of those guys out there but I hope I'm wrong. I'll say it again though...until we get some linemen to go along with our backs and receivers, we will exit the playoffs early every year. Maybe we can send our superior linemen to Rhea County to work out, learn the game, practice harder, and execute better, we will be much better. Anything we can do to get our players away from our coaches, I think would be to the advantage of our poor, misguided players.

Well they law. It's about time you came around to the truth.