Shotclock

Bearettesalltheway

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does everybody feel sbout implenenting a shot clock for boys and girls basketball?? That would speed up the game more and keep teams from holding the ball for 2 minutes at a time and would force the action. Its particularly worse in girls than boys. 30 seconds like college wouldnt be bad.

It's funny that you singled out the girls teams. They're there reason I would be against a shot clock. Most girls teams aren't good enough, passing or shooting, to warrant a shot clock. It would just make their game sloppier than it often is. But if a shot clock were to be implemented I'd say that it should be at least 40 seconds long, not 30.

5 seconds to het ball in and 10 more to get across half court but after getting across half court than what? 40 second shot clock is way to long with only 8 minute quarters. Thats only a total of 6 shots all quarter assuming they use the whole 40 seconds to shoot. Why cant they change the nfhs rules? They just dont want to.and in regard to the comment about "turning them over", its hard to sometimes the way the refs call fouls sometimes. Since when is it a foul to touch somebody when guarding them? I recently went to a bradley game and two of the players one for bradley and one for maryville both got hit in face by each other when going for ball, one had to get stitches, and only bradley player got called for foul...earlier in game the same thing happened when a player got pushed and got called for holding??? The refereeing in basketball id getting ridiculous. If they think their underpaid, quit, but dont xheat the teams or make bad calls. Tjats why they use refs from different region in sectionals and state i believe...

Looked like a good strategy that almost worked! No different than teams playing zone because they don't have the athletes to play man! A game with both teams playing zone is boring too, so why not make a rule everyone must play man! The problem seemed to be why the other team did not come out and pressure ball and trap! I assume their Coach plays zone because his team is bigger and may not have lots of speed! That's his strategy! Nothing to see here just 2 Coaches doing what they need to do to win!! If CCS would have won we would be applauding the Coach for great strategy!

Looked like a good strategy that almost worked! No different than teams playing zone because they don't have the athletes to play man! A game with both teams playing zone is boring too, so why not make a rule everyone must play man! The problem seemed to be why the other team did not come out and pressure ball and trap! I assume their Coach plays zone because his team is bigger and may not have lots of speed! That's his strategy! Nothing to see here just 2 Coaches doing what they need to do to win!! If CCS would have won we would be applauding the Coach for great strategy!

The strategy didn't almost work.

They never led the game.

But I am sure the coach probably did what he thought gave them the best chance to win, as we all would do. I am not advocating a shot clock. I just brought this game up since it seemed germane to the OP.