Summertown vs Dresden in the Glass House

Vandychris

Dresden is who I got. I got a few reasons:1) they shut down Allie Smithson and Justyce White for Gibson County and held the team to 5 points in the first half, 2) they shut down Chloe Moore and Tess Darby of Greenfield in the region as well. No easy task. They beat a good Huntingdon team and Middleton team as well. They are battle tested beyond measure. Great defensive team with a good point guard in Millie Bryant who don't make a lot of mistakes. Weak points are they go through stretches of not scoring consistently especially down low. They are a senior laden team that will be tough. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If Middleton had hit free throws...they would have won by 10 plus...but if was a fifth (u know the rest)

..they posses 4 guards who can knock down 3's at any time (district MVP who set a school record with 11 made in a single game this year is included in those 4)...

Something most have missed out about the 11 3's is that she broke the record (10) set by the only starting senior on this year's team. If they're on, they can shoot the lights out.

Since your taking Dresden, I will take Summertown. Just for arguments sake, and here's why: Summertown has turned up the defensive intensity, as all good teams do this time of year. They too are battle tested, according to coachT, they have played the #3 toughest schedule in A (#1 and #2 on that list are out), they have faced some very good defenses along the way. They posses 4 guards who can knock down 3's at any time (district MVP who set a school record with 11 made in a single game this year is included in those 4), and run the point guard position as well. They also have 2 eight graders who play that will penetrate the paint with no fear and make plays, they also have interchangeable post players who can score and well as defend. They will play 9/10 deep every game, so stamina is not an issue. Of those players, all of them have played high stakes games at the state level, either on the basketball team, or the volleyball team (I believe the juniors have been to the state all 3 years), or the softball team who just came off a state tournament run as well, as several of those players, play on more than 1 of those mentioned teams...... but you also must consider the great equalizer..."THE GLASS HOUSE"....

Hopefully it will be a great game.

Sounds like they may be a handful. We will see how it unfolds. You know as well as me. These are teenagers, bright lights, not letting refs get in your head because they may have some that call different than they are accustomed to. Lots of factors that can come into play. Good luck. I haven't seen a lot of these teams including Summertown.

If Middleton had hit free throws...they would have won by 10 plus...but if was a fifth (u know the rest)

I have followed coachT for years & saw your recent posts regarding TCA & calling out players by name so I just had to comment. Let me just say that your PG cost your team the game against Dresden. She's no doubt a great ball handler but lost her composure & ultimately lost the game for Middleton with her bad attitude. She didn't make another free throw after putting her finger up to her mouth & shushing the Dresden crowd & couldn't handle being face guarded & the defensive pressure #5 & #12 put on her. #20 is one talented player & did everything she could do. She will be a great D1 player.

Something most have missed out about the 11 3's is that she broke the record (10) set by the only starting senior on this year's team. If they're on, they can shoot the lights out.

Ok first of all I hope everyone has fun and an injury free this weekend. Now 11 3's that's great but if you attempt 11 3's against Dresden the girls will have to run home. Seriously could the team you were playing play D??? Sounds like you depend heavily on the three. Hope that's true.

Going with Dresden because I'm a homer!!!! Being I actually haven't seen either team play it's strictly going with home town team. Dresden does have a good balance of size and speed. If hot they can score inside or outside. They have stepped up on the D end and that has helped them last few games. We made it to the Boro a few years back and nerves were a huge issue with our girls. Hoping both coach West's will have them ready to play 4 complete quarters.  

I've seen your team several times. Dresden is more balanced than they were a couple of years ago when they made their showing. I'm pulling for Dresden, because I'm a West Tennessee homer and they put our girls out. We will be back next year, but if Dresden can stay away from those scoreless streaks in the middle of periods..they'll be fine. They're not too deep, but they have some fighters who don't quit. 

It would be hard for me to believe that there is another point guard in the state as good as Chynia Brooks. That said, Summertown, too, can go through periods of not scoring. I can tell you the substate game with Moore County was not as close as the score would indicate. At one point they led 32-16 late in the 3rd quarter and Moore County closed it to 35-27 with 2 minutes to play. I think Summertown has a really good chance to move on to the final four, but they cant go through a dry spell at this level.

I have seen Dresden play a few times and seen them struggle offensively on occasion.  First time I saw them was at Greenfield and I was left wondering how they scored 20 points on Westview much less beat them by 20 because they could not score against Greenfield.  That being said and hearing that Summertown can go thru periods of not scoring and combining nerves and the depth perception difference in the glass house, this game may be a grind them out 27-26 game going either way. 

Ok first of all I hope everyone has fun and an injury free this weekend. Now 11 3's that's great but if you attempt 11 3's against Dresden the girls will have to run home. Seriously could the team you were playing play D??? Sounds like you depend heavily on the three. Hope that's true.

The point was that Summertown can shoot the 3... yes she hit 11 and the senior hit 10 last year.. they have 6 players that can knock down a 3. Yes, when open, they will shoot , but, if you play them tight, they will drive, same as all teams that will be playing.... Summertown seems to be the underdog, but they will come to fight.

I've seen your team several times. Dresden is more balanced than they were a couple of years ago when they made their showing. I'm pulling for Dresden, because I'm a West Tennessee homer and they put our girls out. We will be back next year, but if Dresden can stay away from those scoreless streaks in the middle of periods..they'll be fine. They're not too deep, but they have some fighters who don't quit.

So which games did you see Summertown play? You seem confident that Dresden will be fine if they stay away from those scoreless streaks. Summertown will play 9/10, so fouls trouble or stamina shouldn't be a problem. I haven't seen Dresden play, so I cannot make any statement on who will win..... but I hope summertown does.

Edited by BasketballIQ

You're right BasketballIQ, I know we've had discussions/disagreements in the past couple weeks but it's time to stick together now, I hope everybody keeps sleeping on 12A.

I hope the Summertown fans will be there at 1:15 to support Perry Co because we will be there at 4:30.

I spelled out Perry Co because it seems that PC only stands for that other PC on here. Good Luck !