Class A State Tournament

Shozen

Man I have to see this kid play,you have really done a group at job promoting him.Now you have me curious!This ONE kid can get his team to the finals???(I still think your his daddy)LOL!

The kid is good but for him to say that teams have no chance of stopping him is crazy talk. Sure there might be a team or two that would struggle to keep up with him, but this is the state tournament! There are no bad teams here and you can bet that every team that Clay goes up against is going to make it their main propriety to take him out of the game. These aren't the average teams you see in the regular season either. You're dealing with teams that are more than capable of shutting this kid down or at least holding him to a minimal and making the rest of Clay's team beat them! Edited by SportsnetWriter2

You on twitter? Give me a follow @ericarnoldtn

If I shared our film library with Coach T world and a Humboldt Fan right before state my name would be mud LOL.

But you can see Connors highlight reels if you like these have been on twitter for public consumption for a good while

Film Clips

https://wsckrossover.blob.core.windows.net/publish/658e4d97-bd7d-445b-8cd7-76b4f12630dd.mp4

http://krossover.clipro.tv/Player/Player2.aspx?videoId=43186

And yea its about the kids aint no fans, mommas, or daddys playing......just 10 boys on a court with 3 refs

Thank you sir! I appreciate it! wish you guys the best! I will hit you up on twitter!

You are right on.The big kid is soft and likes to play with his feet in the air trying to block EVERY shot and every game I saw was a non factor.You can't score or play D sitting next to the coach.NOW...The other kids are ballers and I mean ballers.The Soph is as good as any Sr I saw play this year and 41 could play and start for any team and and be the go to guy.The point guard is like Jekyl and Hyde.He can handle the ball like mad and shoot the 3 as good as anyone BUT some of his Ill advised passes bumfuzzles me.Now I still stand by what I have said GCA when they play to their strength is as good as any 3a team and will be hard for anyone to out them.IMO.

You can't teach size!  Have to game plan around that type of size though!  I'm sure Humboldt's staff will have a strategy, but that's some size for a Single A school

Of course u gonna say that!!!

Dude I'm 47 yrs old! A Humboldt win or loss doesn't pay my bills, so it's not that serious for me! I don't have to just say that!  It was a lane violation at a horrible time for yall! Great time for Humboldt, but bad for yall!  My point is you're saying the ref's gave Humboldt the game, my point is Humboldt's play the last 3 minutes caused the OT!  That's it! Nothing more, nothing less!

Look at the write up from the Jackson sun. Up 10, you run clock, you don't try dribbling through a press, making crazy passes, etc-you chill and milk a little clock!  Had they done that, there wouldn't have been an OT!  So your saying it's the refs fault, I'm saying it's Humboldts fault!

HUMBOLDT — With 4:18 left, the Humboldt boys basketball team was cruising toward a berth into the Class A state tournament.

"We got careless with the ball there, but when you are in a game like this, you have to stay on point every single second," Humboldt coahc Ron Abernathy said. "With a team as good as they are, you have to. They were well prepared, and I expected that."

The kid is good but for him to say that teams have no chance of stopping him is crazy talk. Sure there might be a team or two that would struggle to keep up with him, but this is the state tournament! There are no bad teams here and you can bet that every team that Clay goes up against is going to make it their main propriety to take him out of the game. These aren't the average teams you see in the regular season either. You're dealing with teams that are more than capable of shutting this kid down or at least holding him to a minimal and making the rest of Clay's team beat them!

He is averaging 38-40 a game for a reason and only been held under that mark 10 of 34 games. Ask AA Macon County a state tourney team about him. 49/45 in Clay's two wins vs them. It's a lot easier said than done.

His lowest scoring game of the year is 22 and people underestimate the scoring ability of their shooters Smith/Russell but be my guest if people want to play man on him.

Edited by Shozen

Also sportswriter he had 28 vs Goodpasture who trounced Columbia Academy for 32. He had 48 and 42 vs Van Buren in Clay's two wins vs them. You act like he hasn't already done this vs some of the so called State Tournament teams. Clay has actually played and beat some good teams unlike Harriman who have lost to every good team they have played besides beating GCA once in their 4th meeting.

Edited by Shozen