Huge Success!

KingGreene

The inaugural King of The Hill all-star duals was a huge success! We hosted a tough field of 8 teams from 4 different states despite many teams not being able to attend because of NCAA’s. Congratulations to Wolfpack Black (TN) for taking the title after a three-way tie between them, Appy Gold (TN) and Strong and Courageous (NC)! Countless number of state medals and even a few high school All-American honors were represented in Johnson City last weekend and next year will be even more competitive! Tentatively, we are looking at the weekend of March 10th and we will have both gyms to be able to host up to 20 teams with 8 mats!

Some things we plan improve/add next year:

- 8 mats and 2 gyms

- NHSCA certified officials

- Full hospitality room for coaches

- Tournament will be ran on Trackwrestling

- EVERY WRESTLER and coach will receive a tournament shirt (not just finalists).

All coaches say they loved the setup and outstanding competition and plan to attend next year. We plan to grow this event to the level of Dixie Duals and then surpass that! Here is a list of all 8 teams who attended this year.

Appalachian Gold (TN)

Appalachian Red (TN)

Wolfpack Black (TN)

Wolfpack Red (TN)

Strong and Courageous (NC)

Down South Boys (GA)

Misfits (GA)

Lexington (SC)

We have spoken with coaches from Compound (GA), Team Palmetto (SC), Beech (TN), and multiple WV teams among others who hope to attend next season. Thank you to all the Tennessee kids and coaches who took a leap of faith and attended last weekend! I’m very glad that you all were satisfied with the competition. Look forward to seeing you guys there next year and watching this event grow!

Caleb Myers

Science Hill High School

Edited by KingGreene

Any rematches from State or division medalists?

Nathan Wysong from Science Hill beat Calvin Martin from William Blount. Logan Whiteside from Cleveland beat Kyle Burns from Bearden, they were 3rd and 2nd in the state 2 years ago. There very easily could have been more those are just the two that I remember from being there.

Are there match by match results somewhere?

Not this year. Next year this tournament will be ran on Track.

Another noteworthy match I watched was Lundy from East Hamilton (non-placer) beat Burns (2x medalist) pretty handily. They were in different weight classes this season. Burns 126. Lundy 132.