Region 7-1A 2017

57 minutes ago, shockernation said:

LC as expected beat up on Fulton Co...lots of areas to improve on as expected this early...but my goodness with only 3 seniors the next few years are gonna be a lot of fun to watch...size strength speed...props to the fans, I've never seen that many at a LC scrimmage! Something special going on here!!!!

Went about the way I expected.  Still alot of things to clean up. Alot of people at the scrimmage today. That is a very good sign that people are getting behind these young men. Lake County will get their final tune up next Friday when Ballard Memorial, Ky comes to Tiptonville.  

3 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Looks like more talent on the way.Lake Co beat Huntingdon middle school  36-8 in the jamboree at McKenzie.Lake Co has several weapons on offense

Glad to see your Falcons heading back to being one of the best of the west bigster...hasn't felt right the last few seasons with LC out of the picture early.

I think LC is on the way back.Middle school looked good against Huntingdon.Lpoked to have about 20 players.Ali impressed with McKenzie Middle school and Dresden.I liked the Dresden QB who I heard was a 7th grader.Dresden looked to have about 50 players.So looks like some great battles to come.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Glad to see your Falcons heading back to being one of the best of the west bigster...hasn't felt right the last few seasons with LC out of the picture early.

Also a lot of that has been losing players to Dyer Co and Dyersburg.Dyersburg still has one stud that had he stayed at Lake Co ,I think Lzc would win State.Or at least be a contender.I hear the basketball coaches at Dyersburg got in his ear and he's not even playing football for Dyersburg this year.I'm hoping the Dyersburg,Dyer Co connection has come to a halt.

22 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Also a lot of that has been losing players to Dyer Co and Dyersburg.Dyersburg still has one stud that had he stayed at Lake Co ,I think Lzc would win State.Or at least be a contender.I hear the basketball coaches at Dyersburg got in his ear and he's not even playing football for Dyersburg this year.I'm hoping the Dyersburg,Dyer Co connection has come to a halt.

Not that it matters but he is playing football for Dyersburg.  LC is fine without him. I think the Dyersburg/Dyer Co thing has run its course.  LC has stability in the coaching ranks in both football and baseball.  That was the two sports LC was losing kids in. Coach Puckett coaches both and the kids like and respect him. My son was on his first two teams at LC and would still to this day run through a wall for him. Coach Puckett still involves the kids that played for him and welcomes them around the program.  In my book that goes along way. The man still cares about his former players just as he does the current players. That has a lasting impression on young men. 

8 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not that it matters but he is playing football for Dyersburg.  LC is fine without him. I think the Dyersburg/Dyer Co thing has run its course.  LC has stability in the coaching ranks in both football and baseball.  That was the two sports LC was losing kids in. Coach Puckett coaches both and the kids like and respect him. My son was on his first two teams at LC and would still to this day run through a wall for him. Coach Puckett still involves the kids that played for him and welcomes them around the program.  In my book that goes along way. The man still cares about his former players just as he does the current players. That has a lasting impression on young men. 

Are there any more teams participating?

16 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Are there any more teams participating?

ETA:  quoted wrong post.  Someone had asked about the Henry County jamboree  

Stewart Co v. West Carroll 

Murray, KY v. Milan

Dresden v. Henry Co

Mckenzie v.  Westview

Edited by Star87