Region 7-1A 2017

I still think Dresden is the team the to beat in the region. Lake County will be the only serious challenge to them in the region. So.Fulton, Humboldt, West Carroll will all battle it out for the other two playoff spots. LC is a very young team and Dresden will benefit from playing the Falcons early in the season. More than likely LC and Dresden will play twice this season. Barring injuries LC will be a very tough out come playoff time. In my opinion nobody in the region will play within 3tds of Dresden and Lake County. The Falcons will have a tough opening game playing their rivals the Halls Tigers. LC secondary will be tested early and often by the tigers.

Here is the schedule for all region 7 1A games for week one. 

West Carroll at Bruceton my pick West Carroll 

Humboldt  at Milan my pick Milan

Halls at Lake County my pick Lake County 

Greenfield at Fulton City, KY my pick Greenfield 

So. Fulton at Ballard Memorial, KY my pick Ballard 

Dresden at Westview my pick Dresden

Gleason at Fulton County, KY my pick Gleason

What is everyone else's opinions or picks for these games?

Heard Jones is in a cast from a non football related injury. Sounds like Crawford will get the non at QB. He is a freshman but every bit as talented as Winn was at this age. Probably isn't as strong a runner but he is a gun slinger. Not sure what exactly this means cause Jones is a good RB also. Could be interesting for sure.

22 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Ballard is usually pretty bad so it wouldn't surprise me if SF doesn't win. Dresden and Westview is toss up for me cause the View should have grown up a ton last year being as young as they were. Still think Lions win by 12. Agree with the others

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Ballard is usually pretty bad so it wouldn't surprise me if SF doesn't win. Dresden and Westview is toss up for me cause the View should have grown up a ton last year being as young as they were. Still think Lions win by 12. Agree with the others

Didn't McKenzie beat Westview last night 34-0 in Paris jamboree??

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Ballard has a very good QB that can throw the ball and number 4 is a threat any time he touches the ball

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree with Lake Co on all the picks.

32 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Ok region 7a fans it's the first week of the season and very little talk. Let's here what everyone thinks about their respected schools week one games.

I think the Bruceton vs West Carroll game will be the most evenly matched contest. I don't know what Bruceton has this year but I will go with the WC thunder chickens in a close one!!

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think the Bruceton vs West Carroll game will be the most evenly matched contest. I don't know what Bruceton has this year but I will go with the WC thunder chickens in a close one!!

I know Bruceton lost their stud running back.  West  Carroll returns several starters from last year and they did I believe beat Bruceton last season. Which means nothing but I also think West Carroll wins a close one. I'm worried about my falcons playing Halls. It's a rivalry game and Halls will probably throw the football 50 times. They could give the falcons fits.