Northeast Tennessee showdown: DB vs Devils

BVDevil

3 hours ago, BVDevil said:

Gabe was i beleive #1 in June weight lifting testing with Cade right behind him at 2....Cade has changed big time since last season. He will be running OVER defenders this year when hes not passing over them.

You are right BVD.  Gabe ended up Benching 300, squatting 525, Clean 250, and Hang Cleaning 280.  Ballard put up some crazy Numbers for a QB Benched 290, squatted 440, Cleaned 285, and hang cleaned 300 at 198lb now.  The weight room has been good for the Devils this off season with 24 athletes scoring over a 5 for lb/lb with those 4 lifts compared to their body weight

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, BVDevil said:

Gabe was i beleive #1 in June weight lifting testing with Cade right behind him at 2....Cade has changed big time since last season. He will be running OVER defenders this year when hes not passing over them.

That is just awesome to hear

Edited by BatmanDevil

On 7/4/2017 at 2:38 PM, WERDBYouMadBro said:

You've got to use common sense sometimes slick... 

There's no place for  common sense when displaying your fanhood of your favorite football team...hahaha....BUT, your point here is legit if there's money on the line, which i never have to worry about so i'll just stick to being senseless, unsensable, has no senseish or just plane sensebaugh and be done wit it.

It would seem that Greeneville has better players, better coaching and the tradition of winning.      So on paper this looks like a Devil slam dunk.

However, do not discount DB's massive student body size, that means WAY more athletes to choose from.     Can Greeneville hang with DB's depth for 4 quarters, and keep in mind that on Aug 18 this game will start with temps in the 80's.    If DB can keep fresh young bodies in the game could that even things out?     I know that when we (Boone) play them they just seem to grind you down over the course of a game with depth.    Of course Greeneville always grinds us down as well.     It's sort of like being on the wrong end of a belt sander..

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

It would seem that Greeneville has better players, better coaching and the tradition of winning.      So on paper this looks like a Devil slam dunk.

However, do not discount DB's massive student body size, that means WAY more athletes to choose from.     Can Greeneville hang with DB's depth for 4 quarters, and keep in mind that on Aug 18 this game will start with temps in the 80's.    If DB can keep fresh young bodies in the game could that even things out?     I know that when we (Boone) play them they just seem to grind you down over the course of a game with depth.    Of course Greeneville always grinds us down as well.     It's sort of like being on the wrong end of a belt sander..

DB's massive student body won't be a factor on the football field. Most of those students will be in the band. As far as having actual "football players" to chose from I doubt there's any difference in the two schools. Now it's very possible that DB will show up with more assistant coaches than Greeneville will football players.

A DB band parent told me  they were bringing the band.I didn't ask if it was the whole band,hope so.If your a Devil fan and have never seen this band ,it's really something worth watching at the high school level.Biggest band in the state including college bands.One of the best in the nation every year as well in competition.

If DB brings the whole band then there will be very little fan seating left on the visitor side, so Indian fans get ready to stand.      I would think DB would be very excited about playing a team with the potential to go all the way this year, but talk around the water cooler is somewhat unenthusiastic.      And its not that they are afraid of losing to Greeneville, I don't know there just seems to be a lot of apathy in general.     This is anecdotal though so don't read too much into it, who knows maybe the rest of Kingsport is chomping at the bits to get down to Greene Co

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

If DB brings the whole band then there will be very little fan seating left on the visitor side, so Indian fans get ready to stand.      I would think DB would be very excited about playing a team with the potential to go all the way this year, but talk around the water cooler is somewhat unenthusiastic.      And its not that they are afraid of losing to Greeneville, I don't know there just seems to be a lot of apathy in general.     This is anecdotal though so don't read too much into it, who knows maybe the rest of Kingsport is chomping at the bits to get down to Greene Co

I've talked to a few of the long time diehards and they are pretty much taking a wait and see approach. But I don't see any excitement there, which means they have learned over the past three or four years not to go with high expectations.  There is a new DC (or old DC or however you want to look at it). That guy that was the defensive backs coach is gone "finally". But that buddy system is still alive and well so the changes my not help at all. Or it could be that the changes are a home run. The talent is there so it's all on the staff to win. After the last couple of years I don't think there is enough confidence there to be talking it up. From the players to the fans.