Marion 2017

Some kinfolk from Marion give me the lowdown on this years team. I'm moving to Lookout Valley from Ooltewah so I plan I getting to some games this year. Real talk I have loved watching your teams play the last few years just because of how much fight your teams play with. How does the line play look? I was thinking you have most of your heavy hitters back on offensive backfield. Any new faces? 

30 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

There you have it Tyrone. The Marion County line won't miss a beat from the loss of those 3 year starters. Come on the SP thread and I will tell you what I think about our line after losing several key parts. 

Never said they won't miss a beat just side they will be fine. Luckily for them they have a great OL coach in Coach K. They, just like SP,  will have some growing up to do. It's hard to replace 3 yr starters but this team is working hard and I'll put them up against anyone we play strength wise. 

46 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

Never said they won't miss a beat just side they will be fine. Luckily for them they have a great OL coach in Coach K. They, just like SP,  will have some growing up to do. It's hard to replace 3 yr starters but this team is working hard and I'll put them up against anyone we play strength wise. 

Now,now don't take it personal. I'm just saying the line won't be as good as the last three years.  If it is then Marion wins a state title this season. 

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

Bassy I did not take it personally, and I agree we lost some good linemen. But don't sell this group short they might just surprise some people. 

I really don't think I'm selling them short. I have said they are one of the two teams to beat in the east of 2A. Not quite sure how that's selling them short. 

On 7/1/2017 at 7:27 PM, TheAmbassador said:

I gotcha...

Been waiting for this year myself. I know a couple of these lineman are eager to show what they got and that's always a good thing when your hungry for it!!! No way do I think this line will be better than last year's but I'm anxious to watch them dig in and work at it!!! They ain't gonna just lay down I'll say that much!

6 hours ago, FootballFan75 said:

Been waiting for this year myself. I know a couple of these lineman are eager to show what they got and that's always a good thing when your hungry for it!!! No way do I think this line will be better than last year's but I'm anxious to watch them dig in and work at it!!! They ain't gonna just lay down I'll say that much!

Don't worry my man. Only a few more years for you. We are keeping your seat warm to return to your rightful side of this rivalry. lol