Marion 2017

50 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

You might have gotten  some bad information bassy 

This person was pretty confident that you guys were going to be improved overall. Personally, my thought has always been that 2018 would have a little dropoff from the great run over the past three seasons. I still think Marion is a player in the east, but don't think they are going to win a state title. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This person was pretty confident that you guys were going to be improved overall. Personally, my thought has always been that 2018 would have a little dropoff from the great run over the past three seasons. I still think Marion is a player in the east, but don't think they are going to win a state title. 

We have some great kids back don't get me wrong, I think our overall team speed is faster than last year. And I think #'s  55,56,52,30,14,18,21, 2 and especially #8 will determine how far this team goes. I'm sure I'm leaving some kids out

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was told today that Marion County is loaded again in 2018. I knew they would be tough again, but never thought they would be better than the 2017 team. A lot of folks seem to think they are going to be a better team overall. 

Is it 2018 already???!!Have I been in a coma?I thought this WAS the 2017 season.

8 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was told today that Marion County is loaded again in 2018. I knew they would be tough again, but never thought they would be better than the 2017 team. A lot of folks seem to think they are going to be a better team overall. 

I may not be following you right bass. When you say loaded again in 2018 and can't imagine they would be better than 2017 do you have your years mixed up??  I am assuming you mean loaded again in 2017 (this coming season ) and can't imagine they would be better than 2016 ( last season). If I am wrong I apologize. Just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. 

20 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I may not be following you right bass. When you say loaded again in 2018 and can't imagine they would be better than 2017 do you have your years mixed up??  I am assuming you mean loaded again in 2017 (this coming season ) and can't imagine they would be better than 2016 ( last season). If I am wrong I apologize. Just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. 

I'm just picking on the OLD man!I think he is loosing it just a smidge!LOL!

On 7/13/2017 at 10:40 PM, TheAmbassador said:

I know the coaches are really excited about the line and what they have shown.  We lost some good backs and line though so there is a lot of questions.  After lineplay the fullback position will be the biggest one.  There are a lot of talented backs so if the line is as good as the coaches hope, then the qtr final game will be for who represents the east.  It all depends if they can stay healthy.  A couple of key injuries and this season can be derailed fast.   You said you saw and 8-2 season for the warriors, who are the two losses to do you think Bass?  

Truth, I think Rhea County will be too much for the warriors this season. They could go 9-1 though.  I think the SP and Coalfield games are the swing games for them between 8-2 and 9-1. I don't believe Marion can be better than the last 3-4 years, but they have enough talent to make a run. They have arguably the best RB in the area so that helps as well. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Truth, I think Rhea County will be too much for the warriors this season. They could go 9-1 though.  I think the SP and Coalfield games are the swing games for them between 8-2 and 9-1. I don't believe Marion can be better than the last 3-4 years, but they have enough talent to make a run. They have arguably the best RB in the area so that helps as well. 

I agree with that assumption.  Dont think we go 9-1 though.  More than likely 7-3.  Those three you mentioned, plus Hixson, which you can never tell about.  Did you have some family that attended Marion?  I am pretty sure one of your siblings was my classmate.

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I agree with that assumption.  Dont think we go 9-1 though.  More than likely 7-3.  Those three you mentioned, plus Hixson, which you can never tell about.  Did you have some family that attended Marion?  I am pretty sure one of your siblings was my classmate.

I've had family that attended Marion County as well as South Pittsburg. I'm a Pirate, but I don't mind the boys in purple doing well either. When I say 9-1 I'm saying at the very best. I don't see any way they beat Rhea County. They could easily be 8-2 or like you said 7-3. Personally, I think they split the Coalfield/SP games and end 8-2. They should be 10-2 headed into a quarterfinal matchup with Trousdale.