Marion 2017

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe camp is going very well. This team could surprise some folks and make a good run this season. The winner of the quarterfinal matchup between Marion and Trousdale goes to Cookeville and collects the silver ball in 2017. 

Shew... you putting big expectations on them boys with those type of predictions... I hope your right although the Gold Ball would be nicer

32 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They gold ball WILL NOT come east this year in 2A. A silver ball is better any day than none at all though. 

A lot of good teams never even get a chance to play for a title so a silver is better than nothing I'd say. We've had a lot of success the past few years and it would have been nice to get that 5th gold ball but honestly how often do you run into one of the top running backs in the nation while playing 2A ball in TN lol? These things run in cycles and the east will get some gold soon. 

I only know of one team who didn't want a silver ball. The year we beat Brentwood Academy and they left the runner up trophy on the sidelines. That was hilarious.

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

A lot of good teams never even get a chance to play for a title so a silver is better than nothing I'd say. We've had a lot of success the past few years and it would have been nice to get that 5th gold ball but honestly how often do you run into one of the top running backs in the nation while playing 2A ball in TN lol? These things run in cycles and the east will get some gold soon. 

I only know of one team who didn't want a silver ball. The year we beat Brentwood Academy and they left the runner up trophy on the sidelines. That was hilarious.

I agree with you again. The silver ball is better than none at all. You know what's wrong with us in Marion County don't you? We're all spoiled. LMBO

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you again. The silver ball is better than none at all. You know what's wrong with us in Marion County don't you? We're all spoiled. LMBO

You're right and I'm guilty of that myself. We are very fortunate to have had the success we enjoy at our schools. I mean just think about it. 2 small rural schools just a few miles apart have played in 20 state championships combined. That's a testament to the amazing kids we have here, good coaches and great community support.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

You're right and I'm guilty of that myself. We are very fortunate to have had the success we enjoy at our schools. I mean just think about it. 2 small rural schools just a few miles apart have played in 20 state championships combined. That's a testament to the amazing kids we have here, good coaches and great community support.

I again agree with you. We get on our coaches at SP all the time, but we have a great staff that seems to get stronger all the time. Marion County is the same way as far as having a great staff. We are all guilty of not appreciating what we've got sometime. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I again agree with you. We get on our coaches at SP all the time, but we have a great staff that seems to get stronger all the time. Marion County is the same way as far as having a great staff. We are all guilty of not appreciating what we've got sometime. 

Barney I garuntee you I get on Grider when he makes some bone  head coaching call.  Ive almost thrown my red bull can at him.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard