1. 1. Top Region Team in 2017?

• Camden
    • Cheatham County
    • Fairview
    • Harpeth
    • Stewart County
    • Sycamore

5 minutes ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

I think you are missing my point...why are we talking about what HE wants to do, or what HE agrees to do? He isnt the one who determines if he is eligible to play. The issue right now is his eligibility at FAIRVIEW, not Sycamore! He practiced with Sycamore, he did his heat acclimation with Sycamore...the gray area right now is his Fairview eligibility. He is more than within his rights to attend any school he wants, but that has nothing to with his sports eligibility. Im not saying Coach Hughes has done anything wrong, but does Fairview think that the 5 other coaching staffs in the region are just gonna sit by and not say something to the TSSAA? Do they think the parents at Sycamore are gonna sit by and at least not make a public stink, to raise attention to this? Hughes is gambling big time with his team's future if James steps on that field in the regular season. 

If it's a bonafide change of address and the parents have documentation of a divorce then chances are he will be eligible after he sits the opening game vs Page due to being ejected in last year's season finale.  

I am not being argumentative I'm simply stating an opinion based on cases that have occurred in the past.  Raise as much "stink" as you want.  I could care less.  If he plays at Fairview great!  If he doesn't then that's great as well.  

The whole "this has been in the works for a while" is an argument.  The whole "their divorce is a farce" assumption is an argument.  The TSSAA will only look at what they can see on a legal document.  

I agree with the fact that the TSSAA will make the final decision, but the bonafide change of address doesn't Trump the practicing with Sycamore already. You can't practice with one team and then play for another, regardless of your bonafide change of address. Are you saying they will ignore that? And let's not forget, if the principal at Sycamore goes on record with the TSSAA and states that she doesn't support the move and feels this is a "football move", that alone will put a halt to everything until further investigation. Regardless, Hughes is gambling by putting the kid on the field. He may be in the "right" by playing him because he can, but he's also trusting the James family to not slip up. 

6 minutes ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

I agree with the fact that the TSSAA will make the final decision, but the bonafide change of address doesn't Trump the practicing with Sycamore already. You can't practice with one team and then play for another, regardless of your bonafide change of address. Are you saying they will ignore that? And let's not forget, if the principal at Sycamore goes on record with the TSSAA and states that she doesn't support the move and feels this is a "football move", that alone will put a halt to everything until further investigation. Regardless, Hughes is gambling by putting the kid on the field. He may be in the "right" by playing him because he can, but he's also trusting the James family to not slip up. 

I'm saying that's not as large of an obstacle as you believe.  I'm not saying it will be forgotten but it's not the nail in their coffin either,  

If the parents are getting a divorce then Fairview will have to hope that they aren't spending the night with one another during the fall of 2017.  That's a much larger obstacle than the whole three days ordeal.  Surely they would be smarter than to just start parading around Pleasant View/Cheatham County.  If they are getting divorced and then in January decide "we want to reconcile our marriage" then that's their business.  The TSSAA cannot dispute intent because honestly it cannot be proven.  

If the kid practiced at Sycamore and then the bona fide change of address took place there is no problem. 

If if he started practicing at Fairbiew after the bona fide address change he is all good. Doesn't matter if he practiced at Sycamore the day before. As long as he did not practice at Sycamore after the change he is good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If the kid practiced at Sycamore and then the bona fide change of address took place there is no problem. 

If if he started practicing at Fairbiew after the bona fide address change he is all good. Doesn't matter if he practiced at Sycamore the day before. As long as he did not practice at Sycamore after the change he is good. 

Exactly!  Sycamore High School is also in a unique situation with this one.  The principal at SHS (AM) has close ties to the individual who's desk this ultimately crosses at the end of the day (RM).  I'm sure Fairview High School (and the Williamson County School District) will look at similar situations and whether or not they feel that the TSSAA is fair in their decision.  

Edited by howdoitknow

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are excatly correct on this matter. My senior year in high school the samething happen to me and I was cleared by the TSSAA.  If everything is on the up and up he should be eligible. I have no dog in this fight. I was just in a similar situation. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

I'm not going to quarrel over this matter with you or anyone else.  It makes no difference to me.  If he plays great.  If he doesn't play great.  I've only stated that 3 times now on this topic.  I did see on his dad's social media page where his relationship no longer says married.  I also know that they have a court date set for November.  I also know that his dad is the primary guardian.  I don't think that it's "a joke" as several people are claiming.  You can only prove what's documented in a court of law.  You can't prove intent.